IGNORED

"Family Times" with the Maxwells

Rosie

I am bored looking at those pictures. What a boring, dull family. I would go insane if I had to spend every waking hour with my family, especially that one.

I don't care who the family is, you need outside friends too. The constant always being together is what can lead to one of them snapping some day, with a horrible outcome.

In that same post, someone says that if you memorize the following, you will never have depression again.

If I memorized that, it would give me a long-lasting earworm of a song from Godspell. :D Not sure if that would help with depression.

I think of Teri whenever anyone apologizes for being cranky, or not wanting to socialize, or wanting to tell me their troubles. I tell them they are welcome to be themselves.

I want to give Teri a big hug, a can of pepsi and a complimentary visit to a counselor. I can't imagine what her life must be like, keeping depression bottled up inside her like that. And what is must be doing to her kids and grandkids.

FUCK YOU STEVE you've ruined this poor woman.

snip

A touch OT, but I used to have a wonderful recording (on vinyl) of a Russian Male Choir chanting this psalm. I couldn't understand the language but it was so powerful. A Cappella rules.

Any time Sarah blogs about family time or special family anything I laugh. Out loud, for real. What makes family time different than any other time? What the hell does a family that is never, ever apart DO for family time? I mean, with my family, we talk and catch up and share stories and experiences and jobs and school and friends. Since we don't live in each other's back pockets, and since we talk to various non family members all day every day, we actually have things to talk about and share when we are together.

The Maxwells...not so much. I cannot fathom spending my entire life with only ten other people. Brain rot. Soul rot. Life rot.

Why not enjoy the vacation and work on the blog when they get home? No one is tuning in to see how this vacation goes, its like every other "vacation", they have ever had.

This makes me feel really bad for Teri and PISSED OFF at Steve. Nobody should feel like that.

IKR? Even Jesus wept.

Why not enjoy the vacation and work on the blog when they get home? No one is tuning in to see how this vacation goes, its like every other "vacation", they have ever had.

Because they need to make sure their "fans" forget about Joe's failed engagement to Liz. Cannot have them remember this "courtship/Steve failure".

Was anybody else shocked to see the Maxwells having 'fun' playing Jenga? I thought playing wasn't allowed.

I just glanced at the picture and originally thought that Christopher (?) and Mary were rather too old to be playing with blocks, but not much surprises me about the Maxwell's. I'm relieved that Stevo allows Jenga.

My God, poor Terri. That post is one of the saddest things I ever read. She can't even have a good cry? Shit.

Guest Anonymous

If they allowed a little playing by oneself maybe Joseph wouldn't have been in such a rush to marry!

:lol: Wish we had a "like" button!

IKR? Even Jesus wept.

It's very hard for me to read anything from Teri. She seems trapped in this tragic life. I don't see her breaking free; if anything, she sinks further into it as time passes. Wonder if she even thinks of herself as a person anymore.

And the constant "family time" rubbish? Nothing like a bit of classic brainwashing strategy. Steve's consistent, anyway. But if *all* time is framily time, then really, none of it is family time; it's just...regular life.

I just glanced at the picture and originally thought that Christopher (?) and Mary were rather too old to be playing with blocks, but not much surprises me about the Maxwell's. I'm relieved that Stevo allows Jenga.

It is pretty wild and crazy, for him.

But think about it. Jenga is a game that requires some careful, chore-like (or construction-like) work before you get to play, with strict rules about which direction the blocks are laid.

The pieces are plain, unpainted wood.

Play is careful, planned and, best of all, tense.

The game ends when there is a failure that is someone's fault.

It is often a messy failure, that requires a boring, chore-like cleanup.

As games go, it's very Maxwellian.

Archived