IGNORED

"Family Times" with the Maxwells

Rosie

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2012/08/22/family-times-3/

I challenge them to cite even one example of anything that do that is NOT "family time."

Morning ablutions? Although Steve being Steve, he probably has mandated that his children can't even take a dump without a sibling keeping them 'acco

untable'.

The kids probably have to sit there at the end of the bed, with their eyes closed and hands over their ears while the parents have sex.

The kids probably have to sit there at the end of the bed, with their eyes closed and hands over their ears while the parents have sex.

:lol: I can't wait to see Steve's rebuttal to this one! I predict so much FJ hand-slapping! :naughty:

I doubt there is much sweet about it.

I guessing with Terry past childbearing, there isn't any sweet fellowship at all. In their minds, what would be the point? The LORD forbid they actually wasted some time and had some fun.

I am bored looking at those pictures. What a boring, dull family. I would go insane if I had to spend every waking hour with my family, especially that one.

Pure speculation on my part but I think that at this point, Steve and Teri's relationship is purely platonic, not romantic at all. And while I think there's some genuine fondness there, I don't know that I'd characterize it as love in the romantic sense either. I truly believe that Steve both prayed and preyed on Teri in her time of need and weakness and knocked the life and spark out of her. She just seems so dull and worn down to me. I also don't think she ever really recovered from her depression, but just manages to keep it in check by sheer force of will--out of fear unfortunately.

I also don't think she ever really recovered from her depression, but just manages to keep it in check by sheer force of will--out of fear unfortunately.

I haven't been able to stomach reading the entire five-part (!) series, but here's Teri on 'Unwanted Feelings':

Let me give you a personal example of this. I have lived with chronic back pain for many years. One day last week, I had my normal back pain plus a new pain that caused me to hurt every time I took a deep breath. I knew this new pain was temporary and would be gone in a day or two, but it still hurt right then. In addition, I had a sort of allergic reaction in my mouth that was causing the roof of my mouth to burn, ache, and itch. That morning a family member shared with me something I had said to them that they felt had an attitude behind it.

Were any of those very big problems? No! However, added together that day, they presented a spiritual battle. Rather than fight the spiritual battle with my thoughts of self-pity, I decided to cry. Here is the outcome of my good cry.

Red, puffy eyes

A terrible headache

A runny nose even after I stopped crying

A perpetuation of my self-pity

A bleak countenance

A concern in the family manifested by them asking me if I was okay

An insecurity in one family member indicated by her thinking she was the cause of my crying

A sadness that pervaded our home that evening.

As I evaluated that period of crying, I couldn't figure out one positive benefit that had come from it. All the outcomes were negative.

At the moment I chose to cry, I also had the opportunity to choose what I have been encouraging us to do in these articles. Had I done those things, God's grace would have given me the strength to accept the pain and discouragement and move on with my day.

She feels guilty for crying when she's sad and in pain.

http://www.titus2.com/corners/moms-corner/unwanted-feelings/part-5.html

I can't tell you how many times I think of that particular Corner and how sad it makes me. That passage, more than anything, is such a strong testament as to how controlling Steve must be to make someone feel guilty for having HUMAN emotions. If this is what his god demands, I'll be more than happy to burn in hell for not believing.

Are they kayaking in those big denim skirts? :cry: That seems like it would be a serious impediment if they were to overturn. I know they're wearing life vests and would probably be fine, but at that level of activity they should be allowed to wear something that would give them better movement and not weigh them down!

I'm guessing Christopher is in the canoe. Since he was the one wearing the red hat.

The youngest girl is really the prettiest.

This family "get together" is different because Nathan an Christopher and family joined them. They only do that a few times a week you know. :~)

I hope that both Nathan and Christopher and their wives socialize with nonMaxwell people too, especially Melanie as her family is close by. What type of life is it that the NR kids don't know what life is like to hang out with just friends? Or to go away on a trip? Not even the Amish live such closest life.

I'm guessing Christopher is in the canoe. Since he was the one wearing the red hat.

The youngest girl is really the prettiest.

I agree, Mary got the best looks out of the daughters. Out of the sons, I think John and Jesse are good looking.

I haven't been able to stomach reading the entire five-part (!) series, but here's Teri on 'Unwanted Feelings':

http://www.titus2.com/corners/moms-corn ... art-5.html

This makes me feel really bad for Teri and PISSED OFF at Steve. Nobody should feel like that.

Guest Anonymous
The Maxwells make merely boring stuff seem exciting..........

And exciting stuff (if they were ever exposed to it) seem boring.

http://www.titus2.com/corners/moms-corn ... art-5.html

In that same post, someone says that if you memorize the following, you will never have depression again.

"Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's." (Psalm 103:1-5)

I don't know if I'm just not intelligent, but I start to yawn after the first sentence and I really don't know what it says. Why do they have to use such an old version of the bible? The language is annoying. That's why they have modern translations, so people can read them without immediately falling asleep.

I doubt there is much sweet about it.

Let's look at the players: there's 60-something Steve, without Viagara, and Teri's post-menopausal and dry as a bone. I doubt there's much going on between the sheet that used to separate them when they did the deed (only for the purposes of procreation, of course). I seriously doubt Teri buys herself some lube when she goes to the drugstore. I doubt she even knows what it is.

Was anybody else shocked to see the Maxwells having 'fun' playing Jenga? I thought playing wasn't allowed.

Well, Teri has written that they play "educational" or "nonfadish" games. The Maxwells dont' allow playing by oneself, playing that is unbiblical (which is a loooooooong list) and playing that may expose them to stuff they don't like. They seem to enjoy stuff that gets them to do stuff as a family though so I guess Jenga is ok. It's pretty crazy their list of stuff they allow and don't allow. With their prohibitions, the children grow up really ignorant of many cultural offerings. I wonder how they relate to other young people when they try to evangelize.

The Maxwells dont' allow playing by oneself,

If they allowed a little playing by oneself maybe Joseph wouldn't have been in such a rush to marry!

Archived