IGNORED

Insight into Michele Bachmann (and VF connections?)

GenerationCedarchip

Even as someone who was raised in fundie circles, I've never been able to understand why Bachmann has so many fans. The more I read about her, the scarier she sounds. I read this profile earlier and found it pretty illuminating so thought I'd share:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... igion.html

I particularly like this quote from Frank Schaeffer, "Michele Bachmann says certain things that sound crazy to the general public...But to anybody raised in the environment of the evangelical right wing, what she says makes perfect sense."

Edited to add - And the circle of crazy expands: As I went back through the article to find something a friend asked about, I noticed that Michele Bachmann studied at William and Mary School of Law in the late 80s/early 90s. I wonder if she and Doug Phillips would have crossed paths?

I was discussing her with my Republican husband and he thinks I have to be wrong because no one would put her in office if she was really that batty. He said, 'Republicans led the fight against slavery; no one in the party would vote for someone who was even remotely for it. It was one of the historical shining moments in progressive conservativism'. So I'll be spending my day digging up soundbytes just so he can tell his conservative friends not to support teh crayzee.

He also said in jest that I just hate her meth brows. Well, it's as good a reason as any. If she gave me no other fodder, I would still hate her face and not want to see it every day.

Trivia: if she runs, it will be the first time he has not voted Republican in a national election since Carter.

I was discussing her with my Republican husband and he thinks I have to be wrong because no one would put her in office if she was really that batty. He said, 'Republicans led the fight against slavery; no one in the party would vote for someone who was even remotely for it. It was one of the historical shining moments in progressive conservativism'. So I'll be spending my day digging up soundbytes just so he can tell his conservative friends not to support teh crayzee.

He also said in jest that I just hate her meth brows. Well, it's as good a reason as any. If she gave me no other fodder, I would still hate her face and not want to see it every day.

Trivia: if she runs, it will be the first time he has not voted Republican in a national election since Carter.

I suspect that will be true for more than one voter. I'm in a red state, so I know a lot of Republicans. Only about a quarter of them are anywhere near as socially conservative as she is. If she wins the nomination, I will be :o

Archived