IGNORED

Seven Sisters sadness

terranova

I follow the Seven Sisters on Pinterest and they spend a lot of time pinning things onto their "dream home" boards.

They're never going to have their dream home if they stay with their parents forever. I get a real sense of yearning from their pins.

It makes me really sad for them. :(

I follow the Seven Sisters on Pinterest and they spend a lot of time pinning things onto their "dream home" boards.

They're never going to have their dream home if they stay with their parents forever. I get a real sense of yearning from their pins.

It makes me really sad for them. :(

Do they ever dream of not sharing a bed with an adult sibling? :roll:

Do they have one board that they share? That would be awful.....I can't imagine not having anything of my own, even my own Pinterest.

ETA, well fine...now I'm following them! This could be interesting!

Not me.I save my sadness for those who know their is more out there, have seen the world, with normal relatives... they might crave a real life and educations and it is just out of reach.I am talking Duggars, Coghlans, Bates.

Do they have one board that they share? That would be awful.....I can't imagine not having anything of my own, even my own Pinterest.

ETA, well fine...now I'm following them! This could be interesting!

It' one Pinterest account with differernt boards for each sister. IE "A's dream home, "X's favorites".

It looks like just the 2 youngest have "dream house" boards. They're still young, they haven't had their hopes and dreams quashed yet. Maybe the older ones will bring them in line and set realistic expectations.

One of the boys also has a dream house board. I think it's the older one, but to be honest, I can't tell the boys apart.

Phew. I read the title and was sure I was about to read about one of them finally figuring out why playing on train tracks is a really bad idea.

Phew. I read the title and was sure I was about to read about one of them finally figuring out why playing on train tracks is a really bad idea.

I was disappointed... I thought they had discovered it was okay to be sad without couching it in "thank the LORD for our suffering" and maybe they were even sad about the way their lives are going. Nope. I mean maybe they are wishing for their own house(s? we all know they'd probably just get one dream house together), but not quite the self-awareness I was hoping for!

I was disappointed... I thought they had discovered it was okay to be sad without couching it in "thank the LORD for our suffering" and maybe they were even sad about the way their lives are going. Nope. I mean maybe they are wishing for their own house(s? we all know they'd probably just get one dream house together), but not quite the self-awareness I was hoping for!

I think they're among the more tragic fundies we snark on.

Agreed. I still don't understand the sisters compared to their mom. It doesn't make sense to me. She clearly has no problem wearing "nike!" kinds of outfits and yet the sisters come across as ultra fundie who seem to have parents support their decision (sahd, etc). That family confuses me!

I agree. I think it's because unlike most of the fundies females of marrying age, they don't actually seem to want to ever leave their parents. I don't care if you don't want to get married ever, but to be content dressing like a 10 year old and living with your "Mommy and Daddy" for ever while sharing a bed with a sister, that's tragic.

I couldn't find a link to their pinterest on their blog. How did you find it?

I couldn't find a link to their pinterest on their blog. How did you find it?

Right column of their blog, under the Find us elsewhere, it would be the P icon next to the f icon.

Thanks. Found it!

I even scrolled past it twice when I was looking for it. :/

How old are the SS? Are they up to Sarah's age? I wonder if any of them would be willing to reach towards another fundie family. They seem like they're in a realm of their own.

How old are the SS? Are they up to Sarah's age? I wonder if any of them would be willing to reach towards another fundie family. They seem like they're in a realm of their own.

The oldest is 25 IIRC, they are about 2 years apart, I think.

Anyone have links to pictures of the mom? I didn't realize she dressed differently.

Mom dresses in frumpers sometimes and workout clothes other times, like yoga pants and t-shirts.

Ok, so I'm not through the thread, but did this stick out for anyone?

When I smiled, his face lightened up a bit, and he turned a small smile back.

It was amazing getting to minister to this gentleman and brighten his day, even if it was just a little bit!

don't break your arm patting yourself on the back! The guy was returning a social smile, but it's a MINistry.

Ok, so I'm not through the thread, but did this stick out for anyone?

don't break your arm patting yourself on the back! The guy was returning a social smile, but it's a MINistry.

Hmmm yes it was OTT.

I also found the 'funny' stories on their individual blurb amazingly unfunny. In fact I laughed about the crouton story because it was so not funny.

Hmmm yes it was OTT.

I also found the 'funny' stories on their individual blurb amazingly unfunny. In fact I laughed about the crouton story because it was so not funny.

They're so insulated they have no idea that their little stories make them sound like 8 year olds :(

Archived