IGNORED

Cheryl's diet book

2xx1xy1JD

treasuresfromashoebox.blogspot.ca/2012/08/tugboat-my-voyage-out-of-obesity.html

Isn't this a tad premature? Look, I'm all for encouraging healthy weight loss, but (1) I don't see anything healthy about a juice fast, and (2) it's far too early to tell if she's able to maintain any of the weight loss. The juice fast likely resulted in weight loss from muscle loss, not just fat loss. Losing weight on an extreme diet isn't that hard - it's maintaining that weight loss long-term that's trickier. The body's response to starvation is to pack on and conserve fat.

This is similar to the women who have been trying to get pregnant for three months posting about their "struggles with infertility". Or the fundy girls who aren't married posting advice on the "care and maintainance of a husband".

*mutters*e-books. Freaking e-books. People think that because they can open a text app on the computer and type in some words that they should publish anything and people should pay them. :evil:

Ah, those obedient fundie gals, watching their figures like good little patriarchal handmaidens. Bless their hearts.

The music in the video is vomitous.

When did she begin this juice fast? How long has she kept the weight off?

A temporary juice fast can actually be healthy if done right and while seeing a doctor. Have you seen the movie "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead"?

When did she begin this juice fast? How long has she kept the weight off?

A temporary juice fast can actually be healthy if done right and while seeing a doctor. Have you seen the movie "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead"?

I've seen that movie praised on every fundie blog I've read in which the author went on a health kick, and that gives me reason enough not to trust it. My mom went on a liquid diet under doctor supervision, and it still made her faint twice--including one time when she gave herself a black eye falling on a door knob.

I've seen that movie praised on every fundie blog I've read in which the author went on a health kick, and that gives me reason enough not to trust it. My mom went on a liquid diet under doctor supervision, and it still made her faint twice--including one time when she gave herself a black eye falling on a door knob.

I've seen that movie praised by everyone, everywhere who would be into diets like that. But autoimmune diseases often wax and wane on their own, so I'm just not impressed at all that he "cured" himself, much less his assertion that he (and by extension, other people) brought his rare illness of not-well-known etiology on himself by having the character defect to get overweight. There's good science that shows being a healthy weight will decrease your risk of cardiovascular disease and some cancers--so why bring bad science about chronic urticaria into this? Fat Sick and Nearly Dead is one of those things that makes people solemnly intone new truths about the universe at me, and I'm just not sure how much counter-ranting is socially acceptable. And I haven't even started talking about the actual juicing yet.

I've seen that movie praised by everyone, everywhere who would be into diets like that. But autoimmune diseases often wax and wane on their own, so I'm just not impressed at all that he "cured" himself, much less his assertion that he (and by extension, other people) brought his rare illness of not-well-known etiology on himself by having the character defect to get overweight. There's good science that shows being a healthy weight will decrease your risk of cardiovascular disease and some cancers--so why bring bad science about chronic urticaria into this? Fat Sick and Nearly Dead is one of those things that makes people solemnly intone new truths about the universe at me, and I'm just not sure how much counter-ranting is socially acceptable. And I haven't even started talking about the actual juicing yet.

This.

My mom has a rare autoimmune disease that will pop up for a month or two, then not be seen for years. (there is no treatment other than treating the symptoms)

Archived