IGNORED

Hank Jr: Obama is a Muslim Who Hates US

roddma

I think it too. I don't think he really believes in talking snakes, virgin births, men parting the sea and all the other fairy tales included in the bible. I hope he screams it from the White House balcony just before his second term is up when some bigoted Republican still accuses him of being a foreign-born Muslim.[/quote]

:lol:

I really do think he'll come out eventually and I love the balcony imagery. Finished off with a "you fucking morons" muttered under his breath.

I tend to believe the same thing, though I have trouble explaining why. This is a big part of it. And yes, I would love it if he were to announce it near the end of his second term.

Can you ladies tell me why you think that? I'm genuinely curious.

Even a photograph or video of President Obama's actual delivery wouldn't change the frothers' minds. They'd just say it was photoshopped. I give up. :(

Honestly? I'm not even sure myself. I work off of the vibe that I get from people, which is usually fairly accurate, and he just does NOT strike me as a Christian. If he is, I think he's one in the loosest sense of the word, like my parents; they believe in God but don't go to church, aren't strict adherents to the Bible, and tend to live completely secular lives.

I had totally forgotten about that Correspondence Dinner, thanks for the fun memory! That's one of my favorite things about the President Obama, he's rather snarky when he gets a chance.

And what happened to the "Criticizing a sitting, war-time president is un-American" that I was forcefed during the years of W: The Boy King?

I know, right? I spent 8 years of my career in the Army keeping my mouth firmly shut because it was not worth it.

I don't agree with everything the man has done, or think that Democrats can save our country, but they're better IMO than the alternative.

I know, right? I spent 8 years of my career in the Army keeping my mouth firmly shut because it was not worth it.

Thank you for your service. I am sorry you had to keep your mouth shut; you are a better woman than I. I would have been endlessly in trouble because of my mouth. Oh, wait...

Haha, that reminds me of when he released his birth video last year :lol:

2bqEn8AXzJ4

I love the shot of The Donald near the beginning, keeping a stone face.

Me too, although, I didn't have my daughter yet. I am so glad her first real memories are of a president who looks like her.

All of this Muslim not born in the country is just noise to distract from harder campaign issues. What about Romney and Ryan's lack of/mistakes on their financial disclosures? Who "forgets" that his wife gets a 5 million dollar inheritance? Riight.

Why isn't anyone talking about the real issues: Do we want a president named Mittens, who has a really nasty wife? (she has MS, but, because she has hers, i.e. tons of money and insurance up the fanny, thinks those of us who don't should just suffer? Fuck you and your race horses, Annie!). And Ryan's wife was a pharmaceutical lobbyist, yeah, she's not going to be on the side of big Pharm! I realize I am talking about their wives, but First Ladies don't just bake cookies. Eleanor Roosevelt ran the country for awhile, and look at Hillary.

Hank II can't just come on out and say he is what he is: a racist who caters to a certain segment of society, the same on who nods along with Glen Beck and Donald Trump.

And what happened to the "Criticizing a sitting, war-time president is un-American" that I was forcefed during the years of W: The Boy King?

The USA's elections must be extremely entertaining to the world. The last time another country entertained me so much was when the French president married a coke addled cast off of Mick Jagger's and tried to make a lady out of her. No Galatea, she!

I love this post. I have watched a few interviews than Ann Romney has given and she is a bitch. Hank Jr. is a major asshole and my parents who are huge country music fans have lost respect for him.

Also Hank Jr.'s comments still show that the anti-Muslim attitudes in this country won't be going away for a long time. Since some reality TV shows are guilty pleasures of mine, I watched the second season of The Glee Project season 2 over the past couple of months. The competition ended last week and one of the final 3 contestants was a Muslim. I hate to be negative, but if that young woman won and got a role on Glee, people like Hank Jr. would have bitched about FOX and they would have come up with a dumb ass conspiracy theories. I'm still get a bit sad when I think about the bigot who started the FB page for people against TLC's All American Muslim show.

Since the original news link didn't work for me I had to Google a bit to find out who Hank Jr. even was. Really? Why does anyone care what a second rate country singer has to say about politics? Why is this news?

Well he is near to being a legend in country music who can play almost a dozen instruments.just sayin'. He is a bigot and a jumped up cracker who a particular segment of the deep south revere,so he does have some influence.

I have always questioned his status as legendary. His father is legendary. Junior is the offspring of a legend, who has the good luck to bear the same name. In my corner of the deep south, which is eat-up with country music fans (my family among them), I don't know anyone who thought much of him, even in his finest, most popular hour. Rightly or wrongly, when you come ready-made with a famous name, you aren't going to get a whole lot of personal credit. In his case, rightly, IMO.

There are several reasons why I lean towrd the idea the Obama is a nominal Christian who really is agnostic at best, and likely pretty much atheist. For starters, his mother was an anthopologist.

"Anthropologists study topics including Homo sapiens origin and evolution, the organization of human social and cultural relations, human physical traits, how humans behave, the variations among different groups of humans, how the evolutionary past of Homo sapiens has influenced its social organization and culture, and so forth.[2][3]" Wikipedia

We know that he was a really bright kid who was shuttled between Indonesia where his mother lived and Hawaii where his more mainstream grandparents lived through much of his middle childhood. He had the opportunity to do a compare and contrast in a first hand way at a very young age. He saw that the same kinds of human needs were met by the different cutures he participated in.

We know that his family prized education.

He definitely is a guy who tends to be very logical and has a kind of detached demeanor when he is in public.

If you ever listen to his speeches, he always includes atheists when refering to the Americans he represents. This last point is what drove it home for me.

I love a president who can joke around. That was hilarious!

Yes! I remember this! What makes it even better is Donald Trump sitting there in the audience with the dead cat glued to his head.

I don’t know if any of you have ever been involved in these corporate "team building" exercises, but I used to facilitate Myers/Briggs (which is based upon Jungian personality typing) sessions back in the early 90's and I'm pretty sure Obama would test as an ENTp. Extroverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiver.

Intuitive thinkers, (sometimes called "Rationals) tend to be among the least religious of the 16 personality types. I'd say INTp's probably have the highest percentage of atheists in their ranks, but ENTp's aren't far behind them.

It's the logic thing, and the tendency to question everything.

Archived