IGNORED

"Our Voting Process Shouldn't Accommodate Black Voters"

MyNameIsJonas

I asked her that earlier and basically she said it had something to do with the hive not being worked up enough over the Black Panthers.

Or something. . .

Right, because instead of getting mad about millions of Americans that the government is trying to stop from voting, we should be mad that three guys stood outside a poll yelling almost 4 years ago. Because when personal prejudice happens to one white person, it equals institutional racism against millions of African Americans. White people should never experience prejudice because we are the "right" race. I am assuming that is what she means, because everything she has said seems to suggest it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree with your last sentence, in that it is true that all races can be racists, your first sentence is based on innuendoes and urban legends, aka not true. :liar:

Do you believe that President Obama was born in Kenya? He was not; he's born in Hawaii, btw. That NBP hassling whites at voting polls and shouts for white babies' murders are crazy false memes that are sadly believed by a big part of the population.

Haha, what a fucking idiot. There was news footage of them intimidating voters, one guy with a club. So yes, they were hassling white at the voting place.

Haha, what a fucking idiot. There was news footage of them intimidating voters, one guy with a club. So yes, they were hassling white at the voting place.

Look, the conservatives could not dig up a single person willing to say under oath that they did not vote because of the men standing in front. And they looked. So it is likely that this incident was worrisome but no one was directly threatened, harmed or stopped from voting. I have seen the video and they did indeed have a nightstick, and that was wrong, and the police removed them. They were not paid by the government to stop a certain race from voting, which is what is happening right now.

You seem unable to understand the difference between a couple of assholes and a vast, racist infrastructure. You also do not understand why these are different. Please, read a book or take a class in sociology.

If the word "black" was replaced by "Christian" these same people would be in an uproar if election day was Sunday instead of Tuesday. Everyone deserves to vote. You can't exclude people who aren't part of your special little white Christian male subgroup.

Name-calling doesn't get your point accross. It just makes you sound like the HoseBeast. Oh and don't say that I started it because I didn't. You called me and somebody else a fucking idiot. Where are the links for this news that they had clubs?

Name-calling doesn't get your point accross. It just makes you sound like the HoseBeast. Oh and don't say that I started it because I didn't. You called me and somebody else a fucking idiot. Where are the links for this news event?

That would be me. But I am not known for my squeaky clean language, and I don't really care what racists think because we clearly have different ways of intrepreting the world.

SWL, this is what you are saying. Is this what you believe? Really?

Instead of getting mad about millions of Americans that the government is trying to stop from voting, we should be mad that three guys stood outside a poll yelling almost 4 years ago. Because when personal prejudice happens to one white person, it equals institutional racism against millions of African Americans. White people should never experience prejudice because we are the "right" race. I am assuming that is what she means, because everything she has said seems to suggest it.

If the word "black" was replaced by "Christian" these same people would be in an uproar if election day was Sunday instead of Tuesday. Everyone deserves to vote. You can't exclude people who aren't part of your special little white Christian male subgroup.

But...but...three men, with a stick, shouted that white babies should die! Won't someone think of the children!!!111!

00f16e62ae09d30918d11532fbec7df11d6bd1e9_r.gif

Now She Who Laughs, you can tell all your friends that you were persecuted here for being white and standing up for "whites' rights". Aren't you happy now, darling? :D

There is a difference between government-backed suppression occurring now and several guys menacing other people with sticks four years ago. For one thing, those guys could have been arrested by government agents for a variety of crimes. But who can hold the government itself accountable for hobbling voters?

No one is fooled: Muddying the waters with a tale of the blaaaaack menace isn't going to hide the fact of government-backed voter suppression – and this kind of suppression also nets working-class whites, btw -- except for among complete fucking morons.

And if you're not happy, feel free to use this:

tumblr_m8lvqe7upH1qilfa1o1_400.jpg

*I know I seem a bit harsh, but I cannot stand willful ignorance. It's one thing to come into a discussion ready to learn, but SWL just waltzed in ready to troll. I lurk more than I post and I've only been reading for about a year, but I've learned so much from you ladies and gents of all different races and shades :romance-grouphug:

Dammit, emmidahl, you did what I was trying to do! :( How do you embed images?

There is a button that says Img. Just click it and put the image url in the middle.

And if you're not happy, feel free to use this:

tumblr_m8lvqe7upH1qilfa1o1_400.jpg

*I know I seem a bit harsh, but I cannot stand willful ignorance. It's one thing to come into a discussion ready to learn, but SWL just waltzed in ready to troll. I lurk more than I post and I've only been reading for about a year, but I've learned so much from you ladies and gents of all different races and shades :romance-grouphug:

That is pretty damn hilarious in this context.

Coming from you, "fucking idiot" (how original! :roll: ) is to be taken as a compliment.

:twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived