IGNORED

"Our Voting Process Shouldn't Accommodate Black Voters"

MyNameIsJonas

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Hey guys! Guys! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! I can spout a ton of controversial bullshit too. Why is She Who Laughs getting all of this attention?

The title of that article says "prejudice", "not racist". You can be prejudiced against whites. You cannot be racist. Please get in the shame cube.

Nah, the Prayer Clost would be more appropriate for this ignorant bitch. :pray:

Are whites being denied jobs in Hawaii? Have they ever been enslaved? Racialy profiled? And you think that people telling whites to go back to the mainland is "racism." You're more ignorant than I thought.

You must not have read the whole article because it is more than people just telling them to go back to the mainland or calling them names. There has been hate crimes and violence going on for years and nothing is ever done about it. But I guess being assaulted is the same as being called a name in your opinion.

Hey guys! Guys! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! I can spout a ton of controversial bullshit too. Why is She Who Laughs getting all of this attention?

Do you have a pretty nail polish recommendation? :D

Ooooohhh, I had to google "American manicure". I love it! I never do my fingernails but I think I might try this and see how it works out. Very pretty and I love the natural look.

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/style/amer ... nicure.htm

I've had an American and it does look very natural, although I prefer the more squared off look of the French. My nails aren't terribly long though.

I'm trying to talk my husband into a pedicure for himself. My usual guy says he'll stay late to do it for him in private, but so far, no dice. Seriously, people who do not get regular pedi's do not know what they are missing.

You must not have read the whole article because it is more than people just telling them to go back to the mainland or calling them names. There has been hate crimes and violence going on for years and nothing is ever done about it. But I guess being assaulted is the same as being called a name in your opinion.

Assault should be reported. Like the person before me said, this is prejudicism, not racism. Whites are not being denied opportunities in Hawaii. If they're getting attacked, they should report to the police.

The title of that article says "prejudice", "not racist". You can be prejudiced against whites. You cannot be racist. Please get in the shame cube.

I guess you need to find a dictionary so you can look up racism and see that one of the definitions of racism is prejudice.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks everyone for the info! I'm ridiculously excited about this. I've had a rough couple of months and I'm looking forward to a little stress relief and pampering before I get hitched this weekend. The future Mr. Lissar is coming with me to get a pedicure, but he's passing on the nail polish. :P

I guess you need to find a dictionary so you can look up racism and see that one of the definitions of racism is prejudice.

Please, I'm begging you, take a soc101 course.

Please, I'm begging you, take a soc101 course.

Oh, so now your definition of racism takes precedence over the dictionary's definition. Wow, the arrogance amazes me.

I've had an American and it does look very natural, although I prefer the more squared off look of the French. My nails aren't terribly long though.

I'm trying to talk my husband into a pedicure for himself. My usual guy says he'll stay late to do it for him in private, but so far, no dice. Seriously, people who do not get regular pedi's do not know what they are missing.

If you get your hubby to go, let me know what trick you used. I would love for mine to get a pedi, but so far, he's a no-go, too. He's afraid they'll make fun of his feet, which are pretty ugly, but I tell him, "Honey, they've seen it all!"

Oh, so now your definition of racism takes precedence over the dictionary's definition. Wow, the arrogance amazes me.

The meaning of words change over time. How old is the dictionary?

I got bullied in school for being white. You can’t tell me that’s not racist!†No, this is called you being picked on by a mean child.

-“Someone called me cracker!†This is someone calling you by your privilege.

-“People can be racist against white people too.â€

No, they cannot. There is an inherent logical fallacy in your argument that will never make it true. However, white people can be discrimated against. Discrimination is different from racism.

Let’s start from the beginning. Your first step is to accept that “a hatred or intolerance of another race†is not the definition of racism. The dictionary is wrong. Get over it.

Racism is when intolerance in government laws, attitudes and ideals of a society are ingrained in a culture to the point where patterns of discrimination towards a certain race are institutionalized as normal. If you keep this in mind, you’ll understand that reverse racism doesn’t- and can’t- exist.

There is another saying “Racism (or sexism) = prejudice + power. POC (people of color) can be prejudiced against white people. But they can never have power, i.e. a whole system of structured support that backs them. White people often don’t understand how much power they have. Just ONE white person has more power to do actual harm to a black person than one hundred black people do to that white person. A white person can KILL a black person without any consequences, while if the situation was reversed you can bet the killer wouldn’t see the outside of a prison cell for a long, long time.

When white people complain about reverse racism, they are not complaining about losing their RIGHTS. What they are complaining about is losing their PRIVILEGE.

White people can never call someone else racist against them because that ‘someone else’ does not have the power to OPPRESS them. The person has the power to be mean.To hurt feelings.But not to OPPRESS.

THAT is the key difference. When a POC is mean to you, they are JUST being mean to you. Their entire society is not ACTIVELY discriminating against and oppressing you. Their society is not one where it is difficult for them to not be racist against you. But yours is.

Guest Anonymous

I think I'm going to print this photo and take it with me, it's exactly what I want.

2hdy9kz.jpg

Photo credit to the Pixie Polish blog here: pixiepolish.blogspot.com/2011/09/american-manicure.html

It happens the other way around too with the New Black Panthers intimidating voters in Nov 2008 and calling for the killing of white babies. Racism goes both ways although most people prefer to always see the white people as the only ones who are racist.

I don't even.... :angry-banghead: :angry-steamingears: :angry-screaming: there are no smilies that show the top of my head blowing off in a thermonuclear fashion.

The meaning of words change over time. How old is the dictionary?

A better question is, who wrote the dictionaries? Not POC or women...

I got bullied in school for being white. You can’t tell me that’s not racist!†No, this is called you being picked on by a mean child.

-“Someone called me cracker!†This is someone calling you by your privilege.

-“People can be racist against white people too.â€

No, they cannot. There is an inherent logical fallacy in your argument that will never make it true. However, white people can be discrimated against. Discrimination is different from racism.

Let’s start from the beginning. Your first step is to accept that “a hatred or intolerance of another race†is not the definition of racism. The dictionary is wrong. Get over it.

Racism is when intolerance in government laws, attitudes and ideals of a society are ingrained in a culture to the point where patterns of discrimination towards a certain race are institutionalized as normal. If you keep this in mind, you’ll understand that reverse racism doesn’t- and can’t- exist.

There is another saying “Racism (or sexism) = prejudice + power. POC (people of color) can be prejudiced against white people. But they can never have power, i.e. a whole system of structured support that backs them. White people often don’t understand how much power they have. Just ONE white person has more power to do actual harm to a black person than one hundred black people do to that white person. A white person can KILL a black person without any consequences, while if the situation was reversed you can bet the killer wouldn’t see the outside of a prison cell for a long, long time.

When white people complain about reverse racism, they are not complaining about losing their RIGHTS. What they are complaining about is losing their PRIVILEGE.

White people can never call someone else racist against them because that ‘someone else’ does not have the power to OPPRESS them. The person has the power to be mean.To hurt feelings.But not to OPPRESS.

THAT is the key difference. When a POC is mean to you, they are JUST being mean to you. Their entire society is not ACTIVELY discriminating against and oppressing you. Their society is not one where it is difficult for them to not be racist against you. But yours is.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

She will probably ask you "how," and "why" though, when she hasn't answered everybody else's questions, the hypocritical bitch.

Hawaiians are allowed to not like white people. African-Americans are allowed to not like white people. White people are allowed to not like black people. We are allowed to not like people for whatever reason.

We are not allowed to discriminate. That is the difference.

Maybe an analogy will help. Real life. Once I was in love with this guy in high school. Just head over heels in love with him. Shawn was smart and funny and really hawt. Oh, and he was African American. So I started hinting to friends, and they talked to his friends, and word came back that he would never date me because his mother and sister would kill him if he brought home a white girl. I had the sadz. I still remember his first, middle and last name 20 years later because rejection was kinda crushing to my fragile little 15 year old self. Also, I had written his name in my chemistry book more often than actual notes, which might explain my inability to understand chemistry.

This does not make Shawn and me suddenly equal in terms of the Oppression Olympics. He gets the Gold, I do not even make it through preliminary trials.

I suppose it would be pointless to try to get you to understand why a Native Hawaiian or American Indian would feel distrust or hostility towards a white population that has colonized them, used them as cheap labor, tried to kill them...a white population that continues to try to chip away at treaty protected sovereignty rights by claiming "racial preference"...but it would be a complete waste of time. Because you do not care about such things, or my family's deep and long lasting wounds that are a result of being treated like second class citizens in your own country and on your own land. Because we are all just violent lazy drunks living on government handouts anyway, right?

you smug piece of shit.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

She will probably ask you "how," and "why" though, when she hasn't answered everybody else's questions, the hypocritical bitch.

:D That wasn't all me. It's from a Racism School Tumblr that explained it much better than I can.

I suppose it would be pointless to try to get you to understand why a Native Hawaiian or American Indian would feel distrust or hostility towards a white population that has colonized them, used them as cheap labor, tried to kill them...a white population that continues to try to chip away at treaty protected sovereignty rights by claiming "racial preference"...but it would be a complete waste of time. Because you do not care about such things, or my family's deep and long lasting wounds that are a result of being treated like second class citizens in your own country and on your own land. Because we are all just violent lazy drunks living on government handouts anyway, right?

you smug piece of shit.

B-b-but meda, she can't be smug since she has a biracial son, doncha know?

you smug piece of shit.

I was just about to write something about this, but you said it better so I will just :clap:

And seriously, SWL's entire argument falls under the classic "If you get mad at us for persecuting you, then you are being just as persecuting and intolerant as we are!!!!"

Archived