IGNORED

Conservative Teen magazine

merrily

I was browsing rational wiki when I found this little gem. Anyone care to snark? (Or is it a Poe? It's hard to tell)

scribd.com/doc/86938117/Conservative-Teen-Magazine

I've only read the first 2 of the buzzfeed list of the 9 best headlines, but my favorite part of this magazine is that they have to define words like cameo, eugenics, and smutty in parenthesis. These are all words that I, as a public school educated teenager, would have known the definition of, especially cameo and smutty...I may have had to assume the meaning of eugenics..I know what it means now, but I'm not sure when I learned it.

I'm speechless at the section on Obama :? People write this drivel? Oh, and the 'our founding fathers were CHRISTIANS!' article was snark worthy too :roll:

The couple in the "Why Abstinence Works" pic look no older than 20. Is it just a coincidence that most people waiting til marriage for sex get married so much earlier than their peers? (I doubt it). I also like how they back it up with "science."

Maybe Rick Santorum Smith realized that the majority of teens and tweens in America don't like conservatism?

I liked when they referred to Native Americans as "victims" in quotation marks. I would love to know their standard for what counts as victimization.

I liked when they referred to Native Americans as "victims" in quotation marks. I would love to know their standard for what counts as victimization.

Silly, only the critized, killed, and persecuted Protestant Christians count as victims. As for the other minority religious? Ah, who cares.

Silly, only the critized, killed, and persecuted Protestant Christians count as victims. As for the other minority religious? Ah, who cares.

And the fetuses. Can't forget the fetuses.

Maybe Rick Santorum Smith realized that the majority of teens and tweens in America don't like conservatism?

That was my initial reaction. Like, hey, who'd have thought there wasn't much of a market for this type of thing among young people?

I don't find it surprising that most people expressing a positive interest in the thing were parents ordering it for their children, whether the children wanted it or not :?

The whole Native American article was such shit. It started off with the 'fact' that Native Americans have received the most help from the government. You know, after the genocidal wars/eradication of thousands of native cultures and land stealing.

300px-Cavalry_and_Indians.JPG

I'd like to see them do an article on how slavery was the greatest thing to *ever* happen to Africa.

The whole Native American article was such shit. It started off with the 'fact' that Native Americans have received the most help from the government. You know, after the genocidal wars/eradication of thousands of native cultures and land stealing.

300px-Cavalry_and_Indians.JPG

I'd like to see them do an article on how slavery was the greatest thing to *ever* happen to Africa.

I guess they thought that the commandment "Thou shalt not steal" didn't apply to them at the time because the Native Americans weren't Christian.

Almost everything the Native Americans receive has been as a result of treaties, usually treaties signed by force. The United States government gets ALL THE LAND AND RESOURCES and the Native Americans get a few patches of the least useable land in the US plus some medical care. It was a shitty deal and one that Americans forced on the tribes. There is a clear victim here.

Almost everything the Native Americans receive has been as a result of treaties, usually treaties signed by force. The United States government gets ALL THE LAND AND RESOURCES and the Native Americans get a few patches of the least useable land in the US plus some medical care. It was a shitty deal and one that Americans forced on the tribes. There is a clear victim here.

Back in the mid-70s, our family drove through the Wind River Reservation in central Wyoming on our way to Yellowstone. It was so clear why the government were willing to let the Native Americans have that land. It looked like it was not good for anything.

Archived