IGNORED

Stuck on a plot idea for a book involving fundies

AtroposHeart

Hey, I am brainstorming a book which takes place in a world where a fundie-like Empire controls most of the world. I have this rather important plot point where a boy in that fundie society meets a non-fundie girl for the first time in his life and...I am stuck on how his reaction is suppose to be.

For those wondering their personalities

Man=highly intelligent, easy bored, cynical,

Woman= intelligent, thoughtful, opinionated, stubborn

How do you think it would go?

Guest Anonymous

I suppose he would try to 'save' her, with his desire to save her fueled by a, largely sublimated, desire to shtup her.

I think it woudl go like this:

1. At first, his actions with her are superficial. He thinks of her as part of "the world," he is part of God's elite, so they just aren't quite on the same plane.

2. He gets to know her. Some of her "worldy" habits disgust, maybe even frighten him.

3. He may not agree with what she does, but he at least appreciates that her motivations aren't entirely hedonistic and sinful.

4. Love, or friendship, but it will not be easy, he will hesitate due to his beliefs and she will grow impatient with his hangups.

Thanks for the advice, I should let you know that his country invades her's

He is a general's son and she is an ambassador-in-training.

Her country is not forced to adopt the all empire's ways immediately. Though things do change soon, like woman not being allowed to go to universities and have restricted medical access.

She is forced to stop her training and go to the captial of the Empire with her father (an ambassador) which is where they meet

if i wrote a book about fundies, the wife would be in the prayer closet, repenting that she didn't pray before choosing potatoes or aldi's stove top stuff. a huge cross would fall off the wall and hit her on the head. she would suddenly come to her senses. she'd drink pepsi, wear pants, eat off real plates- not styrofoam, cut her mullet and buy everything retail. the kids would be shipped off to public school and she would vote for A BLACK MAN!

then her husband would whack in the head with a plaque of the 10 commandments done up in the finest woodburning and she'd realize it was all a dream...or was it?

Archived