IGNORED

It's Teri's Birthday!

WonderingInWA

Interesting that they posted a Happy Birthday Mom post. The photo looks like it was taken at the grocery store. Ironic that her birthday is on the same day they were supposed to be hosting a rehearsal dinner for their son's wedding.

So will they do anything special--extra Bible quotes scrawled on the door of the cabin maybe?--considering they already celebrated in advance? Nah, wouldn't want it to go to her head or anything.

I thought Teri was 2 or 3 years younger than Steve-o, ie. in her late 50's. Then again, I'm not THAT obsessed with the ages of the fundie parents, only the 30 year old adults who are hamstrung by the brainwashing of patriarchy.

eta: It just occurred to me that Steve is making Sarah put up all those inane vacation preparation/travel posts to bury the one regarding the Steve Maxwell Courtship Failure, 2012.

eta: It just occurred to me that Steve is making Sarah put up all those inane vacation preparation/travel posts to bury the one regarding the Steve Maxwell Courtship Failure, 2012.

Oh, absolutely. It's his version of smoke and mirrors. Proof that family and Jesus are all you need (not in that order, of course). Life goes on! If I were Elizabeth, I'd be pissed that they are all so cavalier about it, yet validated again that she made the right decision.

Bust out the animal crackers, stevey. We know you read here, hopefully your wife has a meal that doesn't include plastic. Please tell her the hive is having a soda binge in her honor.

I guess that's why they celebrated Mom's birthday early. Today was suppose to be the rehearsal dinner and wedding prep night. I'm not complaining about the abundance of Maxwell updates. I have a strange attachment to the family as they were my gateway fundie, but I think it's not in their habit to post so many times in a row. Maybe it's not so much Steve's attempt to make people forget about the engagement but Sarah and/or other members' attempt at getting on with their life and keeping busy. Sometimes, people try to keep busy while they go over a difficult time. I know that if my cancelled wedding date was coming up and it was cancelled last minute, I'd try to keep busy with stuff during that date. Here's hoping Joseph will use Saturday as a time to relax, and so something different. Maybe the introspection will make him realize what a crock of bull he's been sold.

Interesting that they posted a Happy Birthday Mom post. The photo looks like it was taken at the grocery store. Ironic that her birthday is on the same day they were supposed to be hosting a rehearsal dinner for their son's wedding.

And if I remember correctly, Teri's birthday is also the date of her and Steve's wedding anniversary. A double irony.

ETA: Maybe one of our creative FJers can "bible-up" that Beatles song, "They say it's your birthday", and leave it as a comment. :lol:

Yep, 38 years... titus2.com/blog/index.php/2009/08/17/happy-35th-anniversary/

Thanks for posting this, anniec. I had to laugh at the mention that Steve and Teri were married "amid the deafening crashes of an evening thunderstorm."

Obviously God was none too happy with this marriage.

Dear Teri, I am throwing you a party, I even have cake. But I didn't invite you because I know your dickheadship would not approve of fun. Hopefully you can get/do something just for you.

I'm drinking a Heineken Light for Teri's birthday. Wouldn't want to go too wild and crazy....

This is going to sound mean, but she desperately needs a haircut. That picture of her w/ Steve in the kitchen (getting ready to leave for the trip post) looks awful because her hair is just dragging her face down.

This is going to sound mean, but she desperately needs a haircut. That picture of her w/ Steve in the kitchen (getting ready to leave for the trip post) looks awful because her hair is just dragging her face down.

It doesn't help that she already looks like Droopy Dog; her face is dragging itself down. This pic is quite apropos for any fundie, but especially the Maxhells:

Droopy-Cartoon-Photo.jpg

LoF_a0-7xVQ

All she wanted was a Pepsi.

Better not say "Happy Birthday", because that might denote fun, and everyone knows there is no fun in fundie. Especially the Maxwell variety.

edited because I didn't notice my Utubz riffle

I would wish her a happy birthday, but Maxwells aren't supposed to be happy on their birthday. Or ever. Even though she had a choice and a real life so I don't feel sorry for her at all, I hope she has what some might call fun. Let's hope she gets an extra animal cracker or a sip of Pepsi. What kind of gift would she even get? New frumper?

All she wanted was a Pepsi.

Better not say "Happy Birthday", because that might denote fun, and everyone knows there is no fun in fundie. Especially the Maxwell variety.

The video link isn't working, but I'm assuming from your comment that it's one of my faves from the dark ages by Suicidal Tendencies (which I'd have if I had to live like them).

It doesn't help that she already looks like Droopy Dog; her face is dragging itself down.

But a fresh haircut is a quick fix, and something she can change. I'm not going to rag on her for physical characteristics, or the natural process of aging.

In honor of Teri's birthday, I'm moving this here:

To the tune of "Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb" -

Have you peeled that cheese off at this eating hour?

Are you sure it can go on the ham?

In the kitchen where before the LORD you cower,

Refrain:

Are you sure it is peeled?

Is your Borden's wrinkled? Is it white as snow?

You can peel it gently, you don't need an axe.

Be glad it's not gouda, you'd be eating wax.

Refrain

When the Bridegroom cometh will your cheese be white?

Will you answer Jesus with a smile so bright,

And be sure it can go on the ham?

Refrain

h9oW91Iv8D8

But a fresh haircut is a quick fix, and something she can change. I'm not going to rag on her for physical characteristics, or the natural process of aging.

The natural process of aging hasn't kept her from using moisturizer on her face, getting a haircut or some eyewear that both fits and flatters her. .And shame on the photographer who used that sepia tone that only highlighted her natural drabness and wrinkles.

Archived