IGNORED

Santorum Accuses Government of Forcing Catholics to Sin

Anxious Girl

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/15/13303104-santorum-says-government-forcing-catholics-to-sin?lite

Has this guy heard of the seperation of Church and State, or is he just stupid? :roll:

I'm going with venal. He knows about the separation of church and state, but it doesn't fit into his worldview, so he's going to deny it. Idiot. Catholics in the USA benefited from church/state separation.

The Pope explicitly condemned our last two wars as going against catholic beliefs. I didn't see Santorum complaining much about them. Maybe if we shot at the enemy with depo provera blowdarts he'd have taken an interest.

I'm going with venal. He knows about the separation of church and state, but it doesn't fit into his worldview, so he's going to deny it. Idiot. Catholics in the USA benefited from church/state separation.

He's one of those people who forgets there is a separation of Church and State.

He's one of those people who forgets there is a separation of Church and State.

He'd remember real fast if the Independent Fundamental Baptists or the Wisconsin Synod Lutherans got their hands on real power. (Both groups are fairly open about the fact they consider Catholics to be idol worshipers.)

Guest Anonymous
...The former Pennsylvania senator did not say what government programs he was referring to...

Read: 'I'm making this shit up as I go along. Be offended with me!'

Catholics like other Christians don't need the government to help them sin they do a fine job all on their own.

As a Catholic, I can verify the truth of this statement. :clap:

Allowing non-Catholics to have religious liberty is totally persecuting Catholics! By the prevailing political thought pattern of the right, at least.

The Pope explicitly condemned our last two wars as going against catholic beliefs. I didn't see Santorum complaining much about them. Maybe if we shot at the enemy with depo provera blowdarts he'd have taken an interest.

Frothy is only Catholic when it's convenient. As in, when his handlers tell him it's time to throw his fellow Catholics a bone. The rest of the time he's every Protestant fundie's best friend as they're his real market.

Allowing non-Catholics to have religious liberty is totally persecuting Catholics! By the prevailing political thought pattern of the right, at least.

I know, right? These right-wingers seem to forget the Crusades, persecution of Pagans and the Inquistions. IMO, the Vatican has persecuted more non-Roman Catholics than non-Roman Catholics have persecuted Roman Catholics.

Is the government telling Catholics that they cannot go to church? No.

Is it telling Catholic couples that they must use birth control? No.

It is merely requiring businesses to provide health benefits that could potentially include coverage for contraception. In other words - someone ELSE might violating a teaching of the Catholic church.

Under that logic, am I sinning if my Jewish law clerk uses her paycheque to buy non-kosher food?

The scary thing is, Frothy isn't the only one who's crying persecution. The Catholic Church as a whole is (not Catholics, just the church). When I went to church a few weeks ago with my mum, before the Nicene Creed I believe, they said a prayer that basically was asking God to deliver the Church from "persecution" from the government. Hell, I was sitting in on my church's 8th grade catechism class back in May and they were saying that Obama's birth control law was infringing on their freedom of religion.

As the great Jon Stewart said "You're confusing a war on religion with not getting what you want."

The scary thing is, Frothy isn't the only one who's crying persecution. The Catholic Church as a whole is (not Catholics, just the church). When I went to church a few weeks ago with my mum, before the Nicene Creed I believe, they said a prayer that basically was asking God to deliver the Church from "persecution" from the government. Hell, I was sitting in on my church's 8th grade catechism class back in May and they were saying that Obama's birth control law was infringing on their freedom of religion.

As the great Jon Stewart said "You're confusing a war on religion with not getting what you want."

This. Deserves tons of win.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ugh. I've stopped listening to these ridiculous people. If you disagree with birth control, then DON'T USE IT. There, problem solved.

Ugh. I've stopped listening to these ridiculous people. If you disagree with birth control, then DON'T USE IT. There, problem solved.

But blastocysts have feeeeeeeeliiiiiiiiings!

Yay, Santorum is back and pulling frothy mixtures out of his ass.

Excuse me, I have to go bleach my brain now...

Yay, Santorum is back and pulling frothy mixtures out of his ass.

Totally a political ploy to get Paul Ryan's platform out there without making Ryan look like the idiot. Since Frothy is speaking at the Pub convention, I can't see this any other way. But then again, I'm pretty wonky.

PS: Jon Stewart....le sigh....

Totally a political ploy to get Paul Ryan's platform out there without making Ryan look like the idiot. Since Frothy is speaking at the Pub convention, I can't see this any other way. But then again, I'm pretty wonky.

PS: Jon Stewart....le sigh....

Frothy and Ryan are only to rally the tea baggers base. They are not bright enough to run a diverse nation.

Frothy and Ryan are only to rally the tea baggers base. They are not bright enough to run a diverse nation.

Welcome! Your post outlines the reasons for the strategy; Romney has driven away a lot of the right wing of the party. These morons are there to bring them back to the polls ala Sistah Sarah in 2008. Hopefully, the ploy will work just as well as it did then.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching him now at the RNC convention. I think he's trying to do a Clint Eastwood impression, trying to sound tough and powerful. I feel sick. But hey, he didn't have anything on his calender for tonight....

Archived