IGNORED

That wife = Pregnant?

flojo

I was just about to ask about T1's therapy. I don't follow ThatBitch regularly. So, did she stop it completely? The last time I looked at her blog or at GOMI she was about to fire the Early Intervention therapist because she a) didn't schedule visits for times convenient to ThatBitch and b) all the therapist did was *play* with T1 while TW was forced to watch. It never seemed to cross Jenna's mind that the therapist was demonstrating to her how to play with and interact verbally with a child.

His language delays were fairly obvious and he needed the therapy.

She seemed to have no idea how to interact with T1 and barely spoke to him. I talk more to my dogs! It was as though T1 was just an annoying thing that interrupted her on the computer. There was also a sad pic of the poor little guy holding on to her leg practically begging for attention. She whined in the picture caption that he made it hard for her to cook.

She pisses me off royally.

I haven't been able to bring myself to read ThatWife's blog in weeks, but I too am concerned about T1's lack of therapy. I hated how she said, "well, it's not like we expect T1 to go to Harvard"* to justify her actions to stop or downgrade the therapy (I forget which). It's assuming so much - what if T1 needs the therapy to achieve the minimum goal of passing his grade levels at school, not to become a Fullbright scholar or go to an Ivy league school?

If you supposedly want kids, how can you not give them attention or educate them? She must have been around and interacted with small children, being from the Mormon church. How can you not know you should play with kids, and they learn by playing for the first few years of life? Poor T1 and T2. I'll dig around to see if I can find any therapy updates.

ETA: As of June, T1 was still in speech therapy, but there is no mention of developmental therapy I can find on her blog.

ETA 2*: When I found the original post about the therapy T1 was receiving, what ThatWife actually said was: "I was willing to take the bet that his lack of speech at 18 months wouldn’t determine whether he gets into Harvard," which is substantially different than what I recalled, in which I thought she was saying she didn't care if he wasn't a Harvard scholar. Sure, maybe delays at 18 months won't mean he will lag behind forever, but why assume the problem will correct itself or is nothing to worry about, if health professionals are concerned enough to propose therapy? Doing nothing is a pretty big risk to take and from that post back in December, it sounds like she would have done nothing had the therapy not been free. I'm glad T1 is still in therapy of some kind.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That just makes me sad :( Like shes saying "Hes not a genius, so why bother with him, lets have a new one"

That's her persona in a nutshell, I believe. I also hated how she said, "That's right, I'm having a baby!" on her blog this morning ... not, "We're having another baby!" or even, "T1's going to be a big brother!" Maybe it's semantics, but it stood out to me.

That's her persona in a nutshell, I believe. I also hated how she said, "That's right, I'm having a baby!" on her blog this morning ... not, "We're having another baby!" or even, "T1's going to be a big brother!" Maybe it's semantics, but it stood out to me.

And she's oh so happy that T1 will be 3 so he'll be easier to deal with and have fewer tantrums and no diapers and she can send him to preschool so she can have time alone with T2!

I laughed at how she was talking about how much she was having to eat, just to function. She said she's not even worried about exercise or weight gain...bet TH is.

And she's oh so happy that T1 will be 3 so he'll be easier to deal with and have fewer tantrums and no diapers and she can send him to preschool so she can have time alone with T2!

I laughed at how she was talking about how much she was having to eat, just to function. She said she's not even worried about exercise or weight gain...bet TH is.

I am glad T2 will have time with mommy and T1 will have time away from his babysitting duties. :roll:

Keep in mind that this is how she spends time with a baby:

cc2b930.jpeg

And when she can be bothered to hold him while feeding him, she holds him like this:

81ac67f.jpeg

And when he is not eating, he is doing this:

8ec4286.jpeg

Maybe if T1 goes to a preschool, he'll finally get the interaction and attention he needs.

Oh, without a doubt! I'm glad that T1 will be around people that will probably care more about him, I just had to roll my eyes at how little interest ThatSmugBitch is showing in him, yet again.

PS - Thank you emmie, every time I see a ThatWife thread I'm reminded of how much I cannot stand this woman. Then I worry that maybe my feelings towards her are over the top. Then I see pics like those and I go "nope, she is indeed a shitty mother, you're not overreacting."

If she thinks 3 year olds magically stop throwing tantrums, she is in for a rude awakening. Also, I am pretty sure she thinks he can potty train himself if she locks him in the bathroom with a book.

If she thinks 3 year olds magically stop throwing tantrums, she is in for a rude awakening. Also, I am pretty sure she thinks he can potty train himself if she locks him in the bathroom with a book.

Word. Whoever coined the term "terrible twos" never met a 3-year-old.

I acted that way towards my baby for a short amount of time due to PPD. Incidentally, I got on birth control a couple of months after birth and it was like a fog lifted... not entirely sure why it went away that way and not via anti-depressants. I am appalled that I ever fed my baby without holding her close, or had selfish feelings when she was crying. PPD does some scary things to your mind and I really think she still has it... this is just going to make it worse. I don't mean to defend her in any way, so please don't take it that way, she just really needs help.

In that last image, it looks like T1 is being smothered against that leather couch. Obviously he wasn't, but who in their right mind would post an image like that publicly? I guess the same sort of person who would post a photo of their baby chewing on the long, dangling cords of the venetian blinds, or a photo of their baby sleeping in the bathroom.

In that last image, it looks like T1 is being smothered against that leather couch. Obviously he wasn't, but who in their right mind would post an image like that publicly? I guess the same sort of person who would post a photo of their baby chewing on the long, dangling cords of the venetian blinds, or a photo of their baby sleeping in the bathroom.

Yes. and thanks wtylcf for answering my questions re. lack of therapy. Good research and thanks for those photos I had blanked from my mind. ThatWife really is a piece of work.

To the person who posted above regarding PPD and Jenna. Yes, I guess it is a possibility although I know very little about PPD.

She seems so disinterested in T1, but fully engaged in clothing, food, photography, hubby and her blog. Not depressed. Also there are indications that her own parents are totally fine with the concept of sticking the babe in the bathroom. I'm suspecting learned behavior (total lack of modeled behavior) from Jenna's own parents.

Or Personality Disorder of your choice. There is something very off about ThatBitch.

It sounds like she was very interested in the idea of having a baby and all the attention it got her but when she realized how much of her time having a child takes up she just wasn't interested.

Yes. and thanks wtylcf for answering my questions re. lack of therapy. Good research and thanks for those photos I had blanked from my mind. ThatWife really is a piece of work.

To the person who posted above regarding PPD and Jenna. Yes, I guess it is a possibility although I know very little about PPD.

She seems so disinterested in T1, but fully engaged in clothing, food, photography, hubby and her blog. Not depressed. Also there are indications that her own parents are totally fine with the concept of sticking the babe in the bathroom. I'm suspecting learned behavior (total lack of modeled behavior) from Jenna's own parents.

Or Personality Disorder of your choice. There is something very off about ThatBitch.

I don't know. I was disinterested in my baby but interested in other things, but it's kind of one of those things that YMMV. I didn't have it all that severely, and the difference is that I was aware of the way I felt not being normal and tried to do things about it, and did everything in my power that I could to try to bond. I had an appointment to get on anti-depressants about two weeks after I realized what was going on, but the BC changed my life right around the same time, so I didn't do pursue another medication.

I think we can all agree there is something wrong with her, something very wrong. I still can't believe she's a mom... she's just so conceited it's hard to imagine her adequately caring for another life. Probably because she doesn't adequately care for him.

She also thinks having more kids will make her life easier because her kids will have someone to play with. Becuase a three year old can totally play with an infant unsupervised. Or that two kids under 5 will play togehter without fighting or arguing or hurting each other.

My mom had my littler sister when I was 3.5 and she said she was so so so happy to put me in preschool so she could just hang out with the new baby and I was suitably entertained and stimulated.

mirele wrote:

That Mom is the most un-Mormon Mormon mother I've ever encountered, in real life or on the Internet. Most Mormon moms take raising their children very seriously and would never stick a child in a bathroom. This woman is just plain weird.

I think her problem is that she wants the lifestyle of the Mormon Mommyblogger (there's been much written on the phenomenon but they really go overboard with presenting this perfect happy, crunchy, crafty life) without the actual work of being a mom. Or maybe she's realizing how much of that stuff is a facade and she wasn't really mature enough to make the commitment to motherhood, especially stay at home motherhood.

I've been lurking around here for a while, but reading thatwife's blog was one of the reasons I decided to start posting....I almost could not stand seeing the pictures of her baby in the bathroom and I feel so sorry for the little guy. The worst part for me is that she does not seem to feel that there is anything wrong with treating her child like that, otherwise there would not be any pictures I guess. I know this has been discussed a lot, but I just wanted to express how shocked I was seeing those pictures together with the typical mommy blogger facade. :shock:

Archived