IGNORED

That wife = Pregnant?

flojo

This makes me so sad for poor little T2 (as I feel about T1). I can't imagine being so cold to a baby as they are to T1 and choosing to have a second.

I don't think normal people have more than one child solely for the sake of providing the eldest a sibling, but if you're considering having more than one, I don't see anything wrong with that being one of the considerations. Yes yes, there's no guarantee that a child will like their siblings, but I know precious few happy, healthy families where the siblings hate each other as adults. All the siblings in my family, and my husband's, are close now. I'm an only child, and I wouldn't choose that for my child personally (however, I also love the idea of having more than one kid, and I love being a mom so far).

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think having 2 kids is as easy as she seems to think. I only have one, so what do I know?

But I would imagine that with the one being special needs, even if the second isn't... that is adding more stress. Yes, they will always have each other. They will always have someone to play with. I'm STILL best friends with my little brother. But it's still hard.

Having two kids around that age? Holy fuck it's a massiva PITA. I have an almost 4 year old and an almost 2 year old and I want to bash my head in half the time. Three year olds are the most difficult people on the face of the earth, and combine that with a baby that needs your constant care? Not easy.

My parents had another child partly for me. My mother had already had gone into remission from cancer and they knew it was highly likely to come back again. It did and killed her when I was 8. As soon as I was old enough I was expected to watch my brother a lot of the time while my dad was at work, on dates and such. Since I was always responsible for him my brother sees me as an authority figure and as soon as he hit his teens we stopped getting along much. Now he's 22 and away at college. We can exchange a few words when we're together but don't see each other much. I don't think when our father dies my brother will be any help with anything. We do have a big age gap so that might be influencing the fact that we're not close. I have two children and I hope that they are close but I totally wanted the second child because my husband and I wanted more kids not for our son.

I think TW is crazy for thinking two will be any easier than one. My youngest is two months so I'm still in the adjustment phase (hopefully it'll get easier) but it's so much more difficult and I have two great kids! My daughter is such an easy baby and my son is crazy about her. But he doesn't understand how to be gentle and wants to pick her up. So I have to watch him like a hawk. I can't leave my kids alone together and that alone makes life much more difficult. My son is more demanding since the baby was born especially when I'm taking care of the baby. If I sit down to nurse her that's pretty much his cue to start screaming that he needs something or has to use the potty.

Having two kids around that age? Holy fuck it's a massiva PITA. I have an almost 4 year old and an almost 2 year old and I want to bash my head in half the time. Three year olds are the most difficult people on the face of the earth, and combine that with a baby that needs your constant care? Not easy.

QFT. My oldest two are separated by 26 months. BTDT.

In my family there are three of us, all under 2 years apart. I do not know how my mom survived. (it was BC failure, not planned, though they did intend to have more than one child to begin with)

In my family there are three of us, all under 2 years apart. I do not know how my mom survived. (it was BC failure, not planned, though they did intend to have more than one child to begin with)

My brother and his wife had four boys under 4. :shock:

I suppose poor T1 can graduate to the tub--it's the toddler bed of the bathroom, don't you know--thus freeing up the pack and play for T2.

I suppose poor T1 can graduate to the tub--it's the toddler bed of the bathroom, don't you know--thus freeing up the pack and play for T2.

Eh, effort. She's gonna get a Thermos big enough to hold a couple baby bottles, then shove both T1 and T2 in the pack n play together. T1 can give T2 his 3 am bottle, and have one himself! It's so convenient!

Watch, she'll complain about how hard it is to train T1 to burp T2 right.

There are so many childless women out there, and this is who is birthing another? Seriously?

I cannot stand people whose brains do not touch their spinal columns. If you cannot handle one, do not have two. That Woman is a trainwreck from hell, from her Power Point Proposal, to Bathroom Baby, to Lock up The Cheese, she has proven to have enough sandwiches to be the entire picnic.

With all of the money she spends on frivolous crap, perhaps, would be better spent on a professional nanny, who would give her children attention, support, safety, and real guidance. I know being a perfect SAHM is her blog hook, but, maybe she should be honest and get some help. And I mean that for her, as well.

Remember to spay and/or neuter your crazies. /Bob Barker voice

The next 7 months or so are going to be filled with more "my pregnancy is so great" posts that basically ignore T1. I think it's time to take her off the reader, I really just can't stand this anymore.

My boys are about 20 months apart and my older son has special needs that sound similar to T1's. The younger is typically developing and lemme tell ya, he is FAR more challenging than the older one in so many ways.

Jenna is in for it.

Okay, does anyone have the PowerPoint presentation saved? I missed that one, and it's driving me nuts to not be able to read it! If I had to resort to that kind of thing to make a man marry me, that is SO not a man that I want. Wooing and courting and romance is one thing. Blatantly trying to sell yourself is a whole 'nother ball of crazy.

Okay, does anyone have the PowerPoint presentation saved? I missed that one, and it's driving me nuts to not be able to read it! If I had to resort to that kind of thing to make a man marry me, that is SO not a man that I want. Wooing and courting and romance is one thing. Blatantly trying to sell yourself is a whole 'nother ball of crazy.

Even the WB crazies called her out on that one, so it's super hard to find.

thatbride.blogspot.com

weddingbee.com/author/avocado/

Maybe try one of these, her old wedding blogs? She might not have cleaned them as much.

From what I remember there were a lot of quotes from Morman leaders about the importance of marriage and family and then the end was the wedding clip from the Princess Bride!! It was about 12 slides in all I think....

Hope you find it!!

Oh and if anyone can figure out why she named her wedding dress please tell me cause I can't get it for the life of me!!!!

i have no idea what it really means, but i have to work the phrase 'kick against the pricks' into more conversations, applicable or not. (slide 11 or 12)

My boys are about 20 months apart and my older son has special needs that sound similar to T1's. The younger is typically developing and lemme tell ya, he is FAR more challenging than the older one in so many ways.

Jenna is in for it.

This is what I think, too, Beeks - if T1's speech delays are something autism-spectrumy, she is going to be SO SURPRISED if she puts T2 down to go be on the internet, but neurotypical baby is crawling up her leg begging for face time and talk time and direct attention. And then if the second one is super social and also has some issue like being hyperactive...hoo boy.

I was just trying to convey what I wanted and what I hope for. There is no gaurantee that any of that is going to happen. Everyone wants things in life. I can't demand that the universe fall in line with my wants, but it's okay that I want it. When my parents divorced I was 18, as I said. I have always had anxiety issues and worried about things that won't happen for maybe 20 years. (You know the line in Steel Magnolias where Julia Robers says to her mother, "You know I never worry because I know you're worrying enough for the both of us."? Yeah, that's me. I'm Sally Fields.) It just so happens that it was a very sobering realization that I had a big responsibility ahead of me since my parents wouldn't be responsible for each other. At some point, most people come to terms with their parent's mortality and what their responsibilties will be concerning the welfare of the parents in the future. For me, it dawned on me at 18 whereas it may not dawn on someone else until they're 35. I just had 9 years to think about (because my mom was never in the best of health) that if my parents die I will be all alone -- given that I wasn't married until I was 27. Which yes, is not old but it was just something that I worried about for a very long time.

I'm sorry your mother's passing left you with a heavy burden to bear. As other posters have said, siblings don't always share the load with you, but it's nice when they do. I have one brother, who is a fantastic person and with whom I'm close. If anything happened to my parents, not only have they made detailed wills, but I'm sure my brother and I could work out who takes care of what with minimum strife.

My parents each have 3 siblings, and this unfortunately hasn't made life easier for either of them. On my dad's side, he's the eldest, followed by child 2, who is an alcoholic along with his spouse, who has chronic pain issues. Child 3 is a crazy narcissist who will go for months without speaking to family members over any real or perceived slight and takes it personally whenever anyone has any possession that is nicer than hers. Child 4 is an invalid who hasn't left her apartment in about 5 years, dealing with a host of things from fibromyalgia to chronic fatigue syndrome to some serious OCD issues. When my grandfather died, my dad was executor of the will. He found out that every one of his siblings except him had borrowed, and never repaid, thousands of dollars from grandpa for expenditures ranging from overseas vacations to grandkid's tuition. The siblings were not pleased when this was accounted for in the division of assets.

On my mom's side! Child 1 is a business success story who couldn't care less about family. He and his wife will breeze into a family gathering just in time to eat, moan about some vacation property in mexico they're having trouble selling, and then leave without helping with dishes or even saying goodbye to my grandma. Child 2 has been seriously ill for a long time and lives halfway across the country, so he's mostly out of the picture. Child 3 is my mom, whose chief job in retirement is to care for my 90 year old grandma, who still lives independently. Child 4 is a musician who never hit the big time, recently divorced, who somehow never quite grew up to realize his dream of making it big won't happen and is still pursuing it unsuccessfully at 50. He used to help out with my grandma's care but lately is too busy gigging, dating anew and hanging out in bars to remember to call her or see her for 6 month stretches.

I was home for 2 weeks this summer and even a summer family gathering turned into such a stressful, contentious thing that it was not at all enjoyable. There are a few cousins my age I actually like as people, so I got together with them separately and that was far better than any family gathering I've ever attended.

Both my mom and dad are the go-to siblings in their families whenever there's a problem or a task that needs completion, and even so, they're not respected nor even liked by their own siblings. (Excepting the siblings who are chronically ill, who each have good relationships with my parents, except they're unable to participate in normal life or family events, of course). I used to think this is because my parents weren't very cool and my aunts and uncles were just being cliquey against my parents, who were accurately characterized as goody-two-shoes types, but in my late 20s I've realized that the way they're treated is quite often downright cruel. I mean, what kind of sibling runs into their sister-in-law at an event, and instead of returning her greeting, glares at her and stalks away because the sister-in-law has offended her months previously? Apparently some of my aunts and uncles never quite grew out of the high-school mentality.

None of this is directed at the original poster specifically to prove that siblings suck or anything like that. In fact, I love my one sibling dearly and couldn't have hoped for a better brother. It's more an illustration that sometimes, siblings can be great, and sometimes, 3 out of 4 siblings can make life stressful rather than better.

Archived