IGNORED

That wife = Pregnant?

flojo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like her husband's family might not have been completely on board with the marriage.

To my Father-In-Law: Your first grandchild wasn’t born to a college-educated mother, but your second grandchild will be.

Sounds like her husband's family might not have been completely on board with the marriage.

I thought that remark about her FIL was odd. But if they weren't happy with the marriage, I can't say I blame them. I wouldn't be too happy either if my son came home and told me he was marrying a woman because she offered him a PowerPoint he couldn't refuse...

Worst news of the day.

I have three children. Going from one to two was a nightmare. And I liked my first kid (still do). Going from two to three was a piece of cake.

That Mom is the most un-Mormon Mormon mother I've ever encountered, in real life or on the Internet. Most Mormon moms take raising their children very seriously and would never stick a child in a bathroom. This woman is just plain weird.

QFT.

She has said a few times that she needs a second child because T1 is too demanding, and another child will entertain him. That is the worst reason to have a baby that I have ever heard of.

This is so funny because I thought two 1yo's would be "easy" because they could entertain each other...was I sorely mistaken. I think its 4 times as much work. I hate shopping with them (they are 2 now) because they aren't quite old enough to completely listen and they only will stay in the cart for so long, not quite long enough to finish grocery shopping. Luckily it is slowly getting easier....slowly...

This is so funny because I thought two 1yo's would be "easy" because they could entertain each other...was I sorely mistaken. I think its 4 times as much work. I hate shopping with them (they are 2 now) because they aren't quite old enough to completely listen and they only will stay in the cart for so long, not quite long enough to finish grocery shopping. Luckily it is slowly getting easier....slowly...

She is going to be in for a shock when she finds out T1 is no more demanding than most other babies/toddlers. He seems to be a pretty easygoing kid (not that he has much choice, being forced to sleep in the bathroom and having almost no toys to play with) and I feel for that future child if it turns out he/she is truly a "demanding" child (any health issues/colic/ADHD/autism, etc). I can't even count on all my fingers how many parents I know had a second baby as they first one was such an easy baby...and learned there is no guarantee of repeat luck in that area!

Also funny because she assumes that the two children will actually LIKE being around each other. Not all siblings get along, and she may eventually find that she is spending more time trying to stop the two from tormenting each other, or entertaining them separately to prevent them from tormenting each other, than she ever spent with T1 in the first place.

Having a second child to entertain the first child that youre struggling with is a very bad reason to have a child.

Yes, maybe when they are older they can play with eachother, but that wont happen for a while yet, as small children need to be supervised with babies, and babies cant play with other kids.

She still has another year or two when it will be even harder, as babies are demanding and the first child will be acting out due to jealousy.

De-lurking...Finally 8-)

It's unfortunate that T1 will have to share his porcelain palace with a sibling, but I'm hoping once T2 is old enough, they will be buddies and cause some sort of cheese related full on mutiny against their whackadoodle "mom". At least he wont be all alone anymore.

Having a second child to entertain the first child that youre struggling with is a very bad reason to have a child.

And a LOT of people seem to think this is a valid reason, having a second child for the sake of the first child. If I had a nickel for every time I've been told that LittleSquirrel "needs a playmate..." Um, shouldn't you, oh I dunno, want the second child for the sake of the child, not solely to give your first a potential BFF/distraction/etc? I know it weighs into the decision for most, the potential of them having each other, but if it's the only reason it's not fair to either child. There shouldn't be such heavy expectations being placed on a poor kid.

I know that so many other fundie moms are more vile, and other kids have it so much worse, but there is just something about this woman, her sorry excuse for a husband and her poor baby that brings out the rage that I usually suppress. WHY are they having another kid?! Because she finally hit her goal weight? THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO CELEBRATE, you twit! Have fun ignoring 2 children instead of just one. :x

I wish I lived near her, I'd be her little boy's therapist for free.

I know that so many other fundie moms are more vile, and other kids have it so much worse, but there is just something about this woman, her sorry excuse for a husband and her poor baby that brings out the rage that I usually suppress. WHY are they having another kid?! Because she finally hit her goal weight? THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO CELEBRATE, you twit! Have fun ignoring 2 children instead of just one. :x

I wish I lived near her, I'd be her little boy's therapist for free.

I think that what brings out your rage is that she is striving so hard to be normal, but in a "better than you" way. Every post dedicated to her narcissistic behavior is pleading to her old wedding bee fans to like her, really like her, for being just like them but better. WB bloggers' style of blogging drives the sheep out in droves.

ETA: This is in direct contrast to the fundies who know they're better than you and profess that you're going to hell or are a sinner. She wants you to like her by downplaying her faults. Same reason we love to hate MckMama.

Worst news of the day.

I have three children. Going from one to two was a nightmare. And I liked my first kid (still do). Going from two to three was a piece of cake.

For us (and its only been a few weeks) going from 1 to 2 has actually been pretty easy. But then again, my husband has been home on paternity leave. In 2 weeks, the entire house of cards may fall and I may be eating my words. :lol:

But, also- my first child was insanely high needs. I could not put him down. Ever. We nicknamed him "howler monkey". Thankfully he mellowed into a very active happy toddler. Oh holy hell, he was hell on wheels. So before she was even born, I steeled myself for the worst and have been epically pleasantly surprised. My 2nd child is like xanax/zen baby, seriously she never cries. She's seriously the easiest child I have ever in my life taken care of... so maybe that has a LOT to do with it.

I seriously am really freaked out that she's pregnant again. Poor T1.... hope that she sees some effing SENSE and their new place has a bedroom for the kids!!!

And a LOT of people seem to think this is a valid reason, having a second child for the sake of the first child. If I had a nickel for every time I've been told that LittleSquirrel "needs a playmate..." Um, shouldn't you, oh I dunno, want the second child for the sake of the child, not solely to give your first a potential BFF/distraction/etc? I know it weighs into the decision for most, the potential of them having each other, but if it's the only reason it's not fair to either child. There shouldn't be such heavy expectations being placed on a poor kid.

This is so true! Countless times I've heard the advice that "The Best Gift You Can Give Your Only Child Is A Brother Or Sister". The sibling gift concept is as lame as having a kid in hopes that it will magically save a bad relationship. That-wife is sure going to be in for a world of surprises!

Her pregnancy announcement was a bit too clever and seemed devoid of excitement or joy. College graduation and the new pregnancy shouldn't have had to share the limelight and the public nose-thumbing to her father-in-law was uncomfortable. I also didn't see in any of her comments an expression of happiness for the new baby.

This pisses me off more than it normally would. My sister is trying to figure out a financial plan for IVF, so we're bonding over fertility problems - and this twit with all of the maternal instinct of a wedge of her beloved cheese is popping out another baby she won't want to be bothered with. :evil: Once again, the injustice of things looms large.

She is on fucking CRACK if she thinks this is going to be easy. BoyKay has severe autism. However, he understood enough to like babies, and to want one at our house. We did take him into account when planning for BabyKay; BoyKay is just the type of kid who would do better with a sibling to help balance things out in his world. But having another baby JUST to entertain BoyKay? No way. When you have one child with special needs, and bring another into the picture, you need to realize that it's not like raising a couple of NT kids - and even that can be a bitch. You need to realize that if you think another child will benefit your SN child that much, that you have a seriously big job on your hands for many years to come.

There is no "magic age" that I'm hoping for, when I figure BoyKay and BabyKay will be totally best buds, or even just good friends. There are moments, and that's the most I can ask for. There are moments when they hang out, or BabyKay does something to melt BoyKay, or they find something to play together. But there are a thousand moments to each "easy" moment, when I'm breaking up fights. BabyKay is now old enough to want what BoyKay has, and most kids on the autism spectrum are VERY possessive and anal about how things need to be. Yeah - have fun with that one, TW. When an older SN child doesn't understand sharing because of learning issues, and the younger one doesn't get it because of age, that's just LOADS of fun.

Of course, if BB is indeed on the spectrum or SN somehow, and BB#2 is NT, there's always the very real chance that BB will get shafted in favor of the "easy" child. The guilt is crazy sometimes. BabyKay is seriously the happiest, most easygoing baby I know. The kid popped out with a big smile on his face. He put himself on a decent schedule at birth - still wakes up once at night, but it's a reliable schedule. He never had the colic issues that BoyKay had. I've said many times, that if BoyKay had been my first child, instead of my easygoing GirlKay, he would be an only child. I would have been too afraid to have more. That child screamed nonstop, it seemed, for the first 4 years of his life. He had the kind of cry that could make glass shatter and ears bleed. He has more communication skills now, so the tantrums are less, but he still demands, nonstop, and does NOT understand when I get tired of him asking me for things from literally the moment I open my eyes, until one of us goes to bed. I love my kids more than life itself, but I have to admit, I get resentful at times, as irrational and pointless as it may be. I love him, and I would want to die if anything happened to him, but holy crap - I never imagined that I'd be dealing with this level of stress.

Compared to that, BabyKay is even more simple. But people often assume that I must favor BabyKay, since he isn't as challenging as his brother. That sucks, because it isn't true. However, I do have to be careful; it's easy to gravitate more towards the less-demanding child when feeling overwhelmed by a barrage of demands, just to get a break. I can't see TW trying to make sure that she keeps a healthy balance there; whoever is easier is going to get all 15 minutes per day that she devotes to her kid(s), and the other one is going to get shafted. It's a LOT of work to prepare a SN child for a sibling, and even more work to ensure that YOU are going to be the one responsible for those kids and helping them to foster a relationship over a period of many years. Forget cheese - TH is going to be locking up the liquor cabinet, unless she has a nice stash of Valium.

I think that what brings out your rage is that she is striving so hard to be normal, but in a "better than you" way. Every post dedicated to her narcissistic behavior is pleading to her old wedding bee fans to like her, really like her, for being just like them but better. WB bloggers' style of blogging drives the sheep out in droves.

ETA: This is in direct contrast to the fundies who know they're better than you and profess that you're going to hell or are a sinner. She wants you to like her by downplaying her faults. Same reason we love to hate MckMama.

I think it's more about the fact that she sticks her baby in a bathroom, ignores him for the most part, restricts his access to toys, gets annoyed when he doesn't play with them "the right way" and doesn't keep up with the therapy he needs.

:(

I'm going to be the voice of dissent here, I do think "giving them a sibling" is a valid reason. That of course assumes that the parents can handle the shift in the family dynamic and are financially capable, which That Family isn't.

I wonder if That Husband is trying to leave the relationship and this is how she keeps him in?

Oh, and I totally call copyright on "ThatFetus." :lol:

I think it's more about the fact that she sticks her baby in a bathroom, ignores him for the most part, restricts his access to toys, gets annoyed when he doesn't play with them "the right way" and doesn't keep up with the therapy he needs.

:(

Yeah, when your kid is known all over the internet as "bathroom baby", your doing something wrong. It was especially telling when the child wasn't talking and her husband said, "I don't think we talk to him enough."

And this just pisses me off to no end.... after all this time. They could have put his teeny tiny pack and play on the wall adjacent to their bed. There was plenty of room. Grrrrr.... at "baby prison".

Edited to add link: thatwifeblog.com/2011/06/14/that-apartment-3/

I'm going to be the voice of dissent here, I do think "giving them a sibling" is a valid reason. That of course assumes that the parents can handle the shift in the family dynamic and are financially capable, which That Family isn't.

I think it is a horrible reason- you're putting something on the younger child that they have no choice over. They were born for the older child.

Children are individuals, they may or may not get along, why have another child if YOU don't want one, simply to give the older one a sibling?

I think it is a horrible reason- you're putting something on the younger child that they have no choice over. They were born for the older child.

Children are individuals, they may or may not get along, why have another child if YOU don't want one, simply to give the older one a sibling?

Sadly , i can think of a much worse reason. My mom's brother died before she was born. Her mother's doctor told her to "get pregnant again to get over it" . My grandmother did. My mother then had the epic bad luck of being born on her dead brother's birthday. She was told constantly all of her life that she was her dead brother's replacement. :(

that entire side of the family is insanely screwed up.

Sadly , i can think of a much worse reason. My mom's brother died before she was born. Her mother's doctor told her to "get pregnant again to get over it" . My grandmother did. My mother then had the epic bad luck of being born on her dead brother's birthday. She was told constantly all of her life that she was her dead brother's replacement. :(

that entire side of the family is insanely screwed up.

I'm an only child. Now, given, I LOVED being an only child growing up. I was spoiled rotten being that I was the only child, only grandchild, and only niece (on one side of the family). I wasn't a brat, in fact I thrived and felt secure in knowing how loved I was. My parents divorced when I was 18 after 24 years of marriage. It dawned on me then that all of the decisions later on in life would fall to me. That's a big, lonely feeling. Now, my mom remarried some 7 years later but when it came down to her death, I made all of the decisions. My step-father called me (I was 36 weeks pregnant and 9 hours away when my mother died) and said that they would do whatever I thought was best. When the sun came up, I was the one arranging a funeral. I was the one calling the florist and calling all of the family. Not that my stepfather wouldn't, but he was 70 years old and was in such shock that he didn't really know what to do and who to call. He actually had a stroke 20 minutes before my mother's visitation -- it was just too much for him.

I say all that to illustrate that I had no one who shared my grief. My husband was wonderful but I was very much alone in the burden of making arrangements and later dealing with her death. I felt that no one could understand how I felt because my mom and I were a unit that transcended the traditional mother-daughter relationship. All anyone could say was, "I'm so sorry" and "I understand". But they didn't. No one knew her like I did. No one had been through what we had been through together. At that time in my life, I would have given anything for a sibling in order to say, "you know what she would have wanted, can you do x,y,z?" or spoken with later about the things that were too painful to think about let alone talk about with anyone else.

Luckily, my dad is in good health but it is not lost on me that one day (he's not getting married again, I don't think) it will fall to me to do the same thing. It's not that I DON'T want to do it, but I constantly question myself in wondering if I do/have done the right thing. In having no siblings, when my dad dies, my original biological family will be gone. I'll have my own family, but it's a lonely feeling knowing that the people who have known you from birth and shared all of your life experiences are no longer with you.

I just didn't want that for my boys. I wanted them to have each other when their dad and I are no longer here. We will have wills (which neither of my parents had/have grrrrr!) and instructions that spell out exactly what we want. We just want them to have each other down the line (EDITED: if they so choose!). It's a morbid way of choosing to have two children, I know. But I love both of our boys in ways that I didn't know possible before I had children. I would cut out my own beating heart for either one of them. But I will say that the realization at a relatively young age that I would possibly be alone with no immediate family scared the shit out of me and did influence our decision to have more than one child -- I didn't get married until I was 27, so that thought had a while to fester. And I have a very OCD personality, so fester it did.

Archived