IGNORED

That wife = Pregnant?

flojo

thatwifeblog.com/2012/08/16/on-graduating/#more-14390

She appears to be pregnant again.

I hope their move means they have real bedrooms.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great. :roll: Even if they have real bedrooms in their new place, I foresee T1 and the baby going two to a Pack 'n Play in the bathroom so those bedrooms can be computer rooms and dark rooms.

I just do not get that relationship. She had to talk him into marriage, he is obsessed with her weight to the point of locking up food, and neither of them seemed to enjoy being parents of a baby/toddler....so they have another kid? Why? I thought she was moving away from the rigid Mormon social expectations.

So where's she going to put this one? In the linen closet? It's not like she can give up her office. :roll:

I hope she's not. She's one of those people who was not meant to be a mother. I don't think the bathroom can fit two children.

I was hoping she was just fucking with people and hinting about another baby in the future--the very, very distant future. Then I read the comments. :( Color my day ruined.

These two really should have been the One and Done types (I'd say None, given poor T1, but too late for that). I really do not understand why they would have another one. They do not seem to exactly enjoy parenting, and a second one is not going to make it better.

But, they have such a fucked up relationship and equally fucked up expectations out of life, so, not really a surprise they are going for another one.

I wonder if there was a Power Point involved in this decision?

Time for that wife to dust off the magic pussy stretcher and start preparing :lol: I guess they'll be looking for a one bedroom three bath house when they move to Cali. :lol:

Time for that wife to dust off the magic pussy stretcher and start preparing :lol: I guess they'll be looking for a one bedroom three bath house when they move to Cali. :lol:

I was just thinking about that the other day! I couldn't remember who did that!

Ugh, why hasn't one of them gotten snipped?!? They don't like the one kid that they have, do they think that they will like number 2?

That Mom is the most un-Mormon Mormon mother I've ever encountered, in real life or on the Internet. Most Mormon moms take raising their children very seriously and would never stick a child in a bathroom. This woman is just plain weird.

Interesting timing since we JUST had an FJ thread about her YESTERDAY wondering what she was up to.

:::waves:::: Hi, TW!

"Jenna Cole â€@jennacole

I did a little more than graduate this summer. http://www.thatwifeblog.com Raise your hand if you suspected this might be the case?"

It's not a game! It's a baby! I hate when people are smug about being pregnant, as if it's an accomplishment.

This makes me sad for the future T2. It seemed for a bit like Jenna was accepting that maybe she wasn't meant to be the power Mormon SAHM and that's OK, that her talents lay elsewhere. Finishing her degree, and some of her other posts about the traditional role of Mormon women all hinted in that direction. I hope she and TH have learned their strengths and weaknesses from T1, that T2 gets a proper bedroom and that Jenna and TH will let themselves parent outside of the Approved Mormon Way - if that means that Jenna works and the kids are in daycare, so be it.

My mother is a very intelligent, ambitious woman. She worked all through our childhood, and it made her a better mom because she had an outlet for intelligence and ambition - it wasn't all focused through my brother and I. She didn't have to live through us because she had her own life, and being a mom was an important, large part of that life, but not ALL of it. We joke that if she had stayed at home, I'd probably have graduated from Harvard, but we wouldn't be on speaking terms. I really think having a career would be a positive thing for Jenna and her children. Maybe someday she'll be allowed to have that. Either way, she does not seem ready for another kid, so I've got major mixed feelings about this announcement. Best of luck to T1 and T2, I suppose.

She has said a few times that she needs a second child because T1 is too demanding, and another child will entertain him. That is the worst reason to have a baby that I have ever heard of. Some people argued with her on formspring, but she is adamant that having two children will mean they can take care of each other and she will totes have more time to work out and take photos.

Woman has lost her mind. Two children is frequently believed to be triple the work.

She has said a few times that she needs a second child because T1 is too demanding, and another child will entertain him. That is the worst reason to have a baby that I have ever heard of. Some people argued with her on formspring, but she is adamant that having two children will mean they can take care of each other and she will totes have more time to work out and take photos.

:shock: Da Fuq?

I have a very demanding two year old. Guess what happened when we had our youngest? He got more demanding. My kids are a year apart and they aren't in a place where they "entertain" each other. Get on each other's nerves, yes. Entertain, no. Maybe she's expecting T1 to talk to T2, so that she doesn't have to. I will say that my own T2 has a more advanced vocab than his brother did at 14 months because his older brother talks constantly -- to the point where I think his little jaws have to be tired at night. And that's great for our family, but somehow I see TW sticking T1 &T2 in a bathroom whilst she goes to pick the lock on her cheese.

Oh, and can you imagine the passive agressive sticky notes that will be left around the house about her weight after she has two kids?

Poor T2 :( I'm picturing her putting the newborn on the floor in a pumpkin seat and telling him/her go play with your brother. She is out of her mind thinking 2 kids will be easier then one

If T1 is autistic and it's quite possible that he is going on her blog posts and the early intervention he's having, then having another child wont change how demanding he is. If anything it might make him worse, especially if he is very sound sensitive and a new baby cries a lot.

I commented, "Hopefully you guys won’t put this 1 in the bathroom! Cheers!" but I don't think it will ever see the light of day.

Woman has lost her mind. Two children is frequently believed to be triple the work.

It absolutely is more than twice the work because you have to manage not just two separate children, but the dynamic between them and also a shift in the family structure. Eventually everything calms down, but it takes years. When the kids are 3 and 5, they will play together nicely while mom gets work done, but until then she will have a demanding baby, a toddler who is jealous on top of the normal toddler crap, etc.

I think T1's behavior and developmental issues could be a product of his environment. Not that a child could not develop issues in the best of families, but this kid spent most of his life in a cage with minimal interaction and a mother who sees any and all of his needs as an inconvenience. She throws away his toys because he does not play with them right and merely drags them all over the house. She was surprised when the therapist wanted her to talk to him. Things like that.

But GUYS. She HAS to keep having more bathroom babies. Pregnancy is the ONLY TIME she's ALLOWED TO EAT CHEESE.

Archived