IGNORED

A Vaccine Thread for EllaJac

Brainsample

I don't think anybody implied there was...but they do tend to have more bowel issues than typical kids, whether due to low muscle tone or to food intolerances or to something else. It is interesting to me, that's all.

With people (in general, not here) making claims about "autistic enterocolitis" and stating that a Gluten-Free, Casein-Free diet will "cure" autism, I don't think anyone can talk about autism and digestive issues without raising that specter, unless they explicitly reject it.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With people (in general, not here) making claims about "autistic enterocolitis" and stating that a Gluten-Free, Casein-Free diet will "cure" autism, I don't think anyone can talk about autism and digestive issues without raising that specter, unless they explicitly reject it.

I've never heard of "autistic enterocolitis" and I've never heard anyone say that GFCF can cure autism, so meh. I have heard that GFCF can help with autism-like symptoms, and with my son it most certainly did (and eliminating soy helped a lot too), so again, meh.

I had negative reactions to the hpv vaccine. My doc claimed it was all in my head but it was enough for me to decline the third shot.

My kids have had no issues thus far.

I am surprised it was offered to you to be honest!

Other than that, no comment. I cant do the vax threads anymore.

I am surprised it was offered to you to be honest!

Other than that, no comment. I cant do the vax threads anymore.

Why are you surprised? My ob/gyn at the time didn't just offer it, she REALLY pushed it on me. I got the impression it was being offered to anyone under age 27 (or something like that?). I also wasn't married at the time, if that makes a difference.

Why are you surprised? My ob/gyn at the time didn't just offer it, she REALLY pushed it on me. I got the impression it was being offered to anyone under age 27 (or something like that?). I also wasn't married at the time, if that makes a difference.

It is anyone under 26.I thought you were older than that :). Oops! I have never qualified for it and I thought you were closer to my age.

It is anyone under 26.I thought you were older than that :). Oops! I have never qualified for it and I thought you were closer to my age.

No worries, I take it as a compliment. I'm actually 29 now - this was a few years back. :D

I was never offered the HPV vaccine and I'm 29. I've been married since I was 24, though, so I might have missed the big push for it.

I was never offered the HPV vaccine and I'm 29. I've been married since I was 24, though, so I might have missed the big push for it.

In the beginning (which is when geeks would have gotten it) lots of gp's didn't offer/push for it. I had to ask about it and then ask if they would off label vax my son.

Now boys fall into the recc'ed pool so it won't be off label.

Archived