IGNORED

Awesome Quiverfull Documentary

Anxious Girl

Cheryl Seelhoff is also the blogger Heart who has said nasty transphobic things, right? I remember the drama about her a few years ago but I am not 100% sure it's the same person.

The weird transphobic thread came from Zoot/Brainsample/Undermuchgrace/Cindy.

I get a somewhat extremist vibe from her as well.

I have a friend from childhood who spent her adolescent years exploring religions. She started out really fundamentalist and would go through periods of being close to converting to Buddhism, Judaism, Catholicism, and Islam. In between each of these really intense periods, she would suddenly get really ilberal, before becoming really conservative again. As an adult, she seems to have found a happy balance that is relatively moderate. Obviously, getting out of a cult with multiple children is a much more emotionally trying event than a 14 year old trying to choose a religion. But I wonder if as Cheryl was coming out of the Quiverfull movement she went through periods where some of what she wrote/said was crazier than other times. I think with really life changing experiences - like being ostracized from your community - reclaiming your identity and processing what happened sometimes looks insane to other people.

That's what I meant by batshit - there was the "running for president" thing, which seemed honestly really out there. But it's been years since I read anything by her, so she may well have evened out by now. And good God, if anyone's entitled to be a bit nutty, it's people coming out of situations like hers. I can't even imagine - something like returning home after being a POW, I'd imagine.

I didn't mean here, I mean over on womansspace or one of the other radfem blogs. Like, 4 or 5 years ago there was a big blogger blowup (comments about it STILL pop up on iblamethepatriarchy sometimes) that was linked with real life drama over the question of trans women at Michigyn.

Archived