IGNORED

Seven Sisters' bathtub full of tomatoes, Seinfeld anyone?

TheJewAmongUs

sevenfarmgirlsisters.com/it-looks-like-a-mess/

It seems like in theory a bathtub should be self-cleaning, but there's also 11 people in that house. All I can think about is Kramer's shower salad from Seinfeld:

http://youtu.be/B2J2wDw4jHg?t=3m14s

If only fundies would heed the warnings that the :twisted: ebil television :twisted: gives us.

ETA: I did think it was cute that they had the boys doing the wimmin's work. ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, the tomatoes in the bathtub don't gross me out. For one, it seems they will be washed and then cooked into tomato sauce. For another, the tomatoes in grocery stores are probably gross too, gauging from all the studies done on how filthy shopping cart handles are.

I've also had to wash dishware in the tub when the kitchen sink was inoperable, so maybe that's why I'm not so weirded out by it?

Why not put them in boxes or totes or something? Or just a big pile on a tarp outside? Does not compute.

That's really nasty. Like saying it's okay to pee into a kitchen funnel and then wash it and put it back in the kitchen drawer, because, well, it got washed.

When I was processing massive quantities of tomatoes we would use a blow up pool that was designated for washing tomatoes. Food never belongs in a bathroom.

When I was processing massive quantities of tomatoes we would use a blow up pool that was designated for washing tomatoes. Food never belongs in a bathroom.

Nuh-uh, the glass of wine DEFINITELY belongs right next to the bathtub I'm in.

Nuh-uh, the glass of wine DEFINITELY belongs right next to the bathtub I'm in.

Wine is different since the alcohol has antiseptic properties :lol:

That's really nasty. Like saying it's okay to pee into a kitchen funnel and then wash it and put it back in the kitchen drawer, because, well, it got washed.

They're not peeing on the tomatoes. Were they storing them in the toilet I'd see the point, but a bathtub? I've stored ice in the bathtub, I've filled it up with water in case of hurricanes (and if I'd needed to, I'd've drunk it later), and once in a fit of panic I stored all my dirty dishes in there. Assuming they clean their tub, it can't be any dirtier in there than in, say, the kitchen sink. Might be less dirty if they rinse chickens in the kitchen sink. Tomatoes grow out in the dirt anyway.

The only time a bathroom activity should ever cross with a kitchen activity is when giving a small infant a bath in the sink. Food in the bathroom is just gross. (Oh yeah, except wine during a bath - I admit to doing that!)

They're not peeing on the tomatoes. Were they storing them in the toilet I'd see the point, but a bathtub? I've stored ice in the bathtub, I've filled it up with water in case of hurricanes (and if I'd needed to, I'd've drunk it later), and once in a fit of panic I stored all my dirty dishes in there. Assuming they clean their tub, it can't be any dirtier in there than in, say, the kitchen sink. Might be less dirty if they rinse chickens in the kitchen sink. Tomatoes grow out in the dirt anyway.

I almost guarantee that someone has peed in the bathtub during shower or bath time. If that makes any difference. I would never store food in my tub because I know for a fact mine has been peed in. And has residual grime and bathroom chemicals in it. I don't put food in the sink either unless I've disinfected it with boiling water. Sinks are full of germs.

Plus, pee is the LEAST gross of all the fluids that are coming off or out of your body and going down your shower drain.

Just ugh.

I think tomatos in the tub is fine.

OTOH, I think a 19-year old playing dress-up with a military uniform is offensive (see the Seven Sisters post just before the tomatos post). What a weird, unsatisfying world these girls live in. Making an Army uniform into a purse? Saying that the patches on it are "neat"? A young woman like that would be better off in the Army, learning to fly or repair machinary or parachute. How sick, how sad, that ithat uniform is just a bit of dress-up play. She should be encouraged to enlist (I suspect she may secretly want to)

OTOH, I think a 19-year old playing dress-up with a military uniform is offensive (see the Seven Sisters post just before the tomatos post). What a weird, unsatisfying world these girls live in. Making an Army uniform into a purse? Saying that the patches on it are "neat"? A young woman like that would be better off in the Army, learning to fly or repair machinary or parachute. How sick, how sad, that ithat uniform is just a bit of dress-up play. She should be encouraged to enlist (I suspect she may secretly want to)

I just ran one up their flag pole. They haven't banned me yet and have responded to me when I've commented about their insensitive posts.

Guest Anonymous

Wine is different since the alcohol has antiseptic properties :lol:

I have drinks while I take a bubble bath and read pretty frequently. If it helps any, the bathtub is in a separate room from the toilet.

**ETA: I'm going to be honest here - I would probably do it even if it wasn't.

Oh,yes. Cassia, honey, just join the Army, get the hell out of Indiana, and get a jacket that really is your own.

I almost guarantee that someone has peed in the bathtub during shower or bath time. If that makes any difference. I would never store food in my tub because I know for a fact mine has been peed in. And has residual grime and bathroom chemicals in it. I don't put food in the sink either unless I've disinfected it with boiling water. Sinks are full of germs.

I am the same way. Sinks are a nasty business. I scrub mine out after each meal and I still won't put food in it. I have one of those stretch colanders that stretch across the sink and that's what I wash my produce in.

Should I point out that pee is sterile and use to be used to wash clothes, sterilize implements before operations and even as the basis of shampoo? (I wrote an essay in 1st yr uni on the uses of pee in the Ancient Roman mining industry. It was quite interesting but I got a lot of strange looks from librarians when looking for information!)

When I make tomato sauce I wash and peel my tomatoes before I cook them so who cares where they have been stored. I've eaten fruit straight from the trees and veges straight from the garden all my life. A wonderful treat in autumn was finding a wild blackberry bush and eating every single berry. I've managed to survive so far, I can't see something that is washed, peeled and cooked hurting me, no matter where it has been stored.

I've used the bathtub to make wine in before, let alone drink it in. It was the only receptacle big enough to hold all the crushed apples. That wine was some concoction. You could sort of feel it burning the backs of your eyes when you swallowed it! :lol:

I just ran one up their flag pole. They haven't banned me yet and have responded to me when I've commented about their insensitive posts.

It reminded me of that earlier post where they made it seem like one of them cut her hair, only HA HA she didn't. It's this weird sense-of-no-humor. And I REALLY hope she doesn't destroy the jacket. She'll "get more use out of it" as a purse? How about donating it to a local historical society or someplace else that will treat it with respect.

I've used the bathtub to make wine in before, let alone drink it in. It was the only receptacle big enough to hold all the crushed apples. That wine was some concoction. You could sort of feel it burning the backs of your eyes when you swallowed it! :lol:

I'm ok with the Toms in the bath. As long as the toilet is not close incase of splashage.

I clean my BBQ racks in the bath, sometimes my oven racks. Fairly gross really.

I once slept in the bath (admittedly more a case of could not get out after falling in, first and last ever experience of Tequila.)

Of all the sisters, C is the one who actually seems like she could make it in the real world. She has always been "the tomboy/spunky one" and I always feel bad she seems the most repressed because she cannot be her true self. She would do great in the Army,I wish she felt like that would be an option for her. Sadly, her fate is to grow old with her sisters unless some fundie boy notices she has a bit of spunk and saves her. She is the only one with a glimmer of spark left, I hope someone gets her out of there,I don't see it happening though.

Archived