IGNORED

A Catholic Fundie Shares her Arrow-Adding Wisdom.

Morton Fan

Brianna has been mentioned a few times on FJ, but her latest post about how to prepare older children for more blessings was even more self-righteous than usual. Really? You don't announce it by telling the baby that she won't be the baby anymore and that Mommy won't have time for you when she births her umpteenth arrow? Genius.

"Don't believe the ridiculous lie that some people are just made to do things like wipe bottoms and clean spit-up off the carpet. Aside from that view being incredibly insulting to those of us in the trenches, it is also preposterous. Because no one likes those jobs. And maybe those of us who detest them the most, need them the most."

heldts.blogspot.com/2012/08/when-they-have-new-sibling.html

What is the backstory on this family? I've got to give her some credit for adopting four children, including two special-needs children.

What is the backstory on this family? I've got to give her some credit for adopting four children, including two special-needs children.

I haven't read too much of her older postings. Someone here has been reading her blog for years and he/she said that Briana is a convert to Catholicism. I also give her and her husband credit for adopting children.

Yes, they recently converted to Catholicism from mainstream/fundie-lite Christianity. Their conversion was abrupt, and now it's all she talks about. They did adopt four children, and I believe they truly love them, unlike some fundie adoptive parents. However, she is SUUUUUPER annoying and once she adopted, then everyone should adopt (which, btw I'm an adoptive Mom and bio mom too, but it just bugs me when people act like it's for everyone). Now that she's adopted special needs kids, EVERYONE should adopt special needs kids. She is also obsessed with talking about sex in a creepy and religious way .... she refers to it in a flowery euphemism almost every post. She also loves to mention how she does NOT go out in public with leggings and a ponytail, people, because being quiverful should NOT look exhausting! It should look wonderful! Too bad she's so darn exhausted.

That whole posting was dumb. How old is Brianna anyway? She looks a bit young.

I believe she just turned 30, or somewhere near there.

Archived