IGNORED

A Catholic Fundie Shares her Arrow-Adding Wisdom.

Morton Fan

Brianna has been mentioned a few times on FJ, but her latest post about how to prepare older children for more blessings was even more self-righteous than usual. Really? You don't announce it by telling the baby that she won't be the baby anymore and that Mommy won't have time for you when she births her umpteenth arrow? Genius.

"Don't believe the ridiculous lie that some people are just made to do things like wipe bottoms and clean spit-up off the carpet. Aside from that view being incredibly insulting to those of us in the trenches, it is also preposterous. Because no one likes those jobs. And maybe those of us who detest them the most, need them the most."

heldts.blogspot.com/2012/08/when-they-have-new-sibling.html

What is the backstory on this family? I've got to give her some credit for adopting four children, including two special-needs children.

What is the backstory on this family? I've got to give her some credit for adopting four children, including two special-needs children.

I haven't read too much of her older postings. Someone here has been reading her blog for years and he/she said that Briana is a convert to Catholicism. I also give her and her husband credit for adopting children.

Yes, they recently converted to Catholicism from mainstream/fundie-lite Christianity. Their conversion was abrupt, and now it's all she talks about. They did adopt four children, and I believe they truly love them, unlike some fundie adoptive parents. However, she is SUUUUUPER annoying and once she adopted, then everyone should adopt (which, btw I'm an adoptive Mom and bio mom too, but it just bugs me when people act like it's for everyone). Now that she's adopted special needs kids, EVERYONE should adopt special needs kids. She is also obsessed with talking about sex in a creepy and religious way .... she refers to it in a flowery euphemism almost every post. She also loves to mention how she does NOT go out in public with leggings and a ponytail, people, because being quiverful should NOT look exhausting! It should look wonderful! Too bad she's so darn exhausted.

That whole posting was dumb. How old is Brianna anyway? She looks a bit young.

I believe she just turned 30, or somewhere near there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Trending Content

• Recent Status Updates

• Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae

What do people do in the Sonoran desert? I've hiked the hikes I wanted to do. Seems like all that is left is golf, shopping at chains that exist everywhere, and stuff I've done. Oh and eating. I can only eat so many times a day. It's too cold to rent a paddleboard or swim. 
      · 0 replies
    • KnittingOwl

KnittingOwl

First snow storm of the season hit today. It got windy tonight, and we lost power. Somehow this continues to be a shock to PSE. Why they refuse to upgrade the infrastructure or do something so that 10s of thousands of people don’t lose power and heat literally every time it’s windy, I do not understand. We live in the Pacific Northwest. It gets windy!
      · 3 replies
    • louisa05

louisa05

Nebraska's new football coach is an evangelical bullshit artist who participates in "Man Up Ministries" conferences in the off season. Their motto is "Fighting for Biblical Manhood". Excuse me while I go vomit. 
      · 2 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

Don't know I'd charge quite that much though.

· 0 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

Wisconsin’s first thanksgiving 

· 0 replies
    • mango_fandango

mango_fandango

Long time no visit…
      COVID has finally caught up with me. Dad tested positive first, last Friday, then my mother, brother and I all tested positive today. Main symptom is feeling really really tired. Hopefully it doesn’t get much worse 🤞 
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

47of74

Yeah probably not the best place to put that quote...

· 0 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

If I still did the Catholic thing with confession this would be the priest who heard mine..

· 0 replies
    • BlackberryGirl

BlackberryGirl

Do I wear it?
      i was given a vintage, 70 year old mink coat. It fits like it was made for me. Somehow my cousin, who is 8 years older than me came into 3 gorgeous fur coats from a granddaughter of a woman her mother knew. We’re talking women who died in the mid 60’s.  None of them would fit her or any other of the women in my family. Yay for essentially being a ball. Everyone else is about 5’7 or more and all outweigh me by 50+. 

it is just gorgeous. What women in Skokie and Highland Park many years ago, when I still lived there would call a “serviceable” fur. It was the fur they’d wear to a good restaurant, but not the opera or symphony.
      do I wear it? I’d love to, and I live in hunting country so fur isn’t looked down on. But is it wrong?  Arrrgh god its pretty.
      · 6 replies
    • JoyfulSel

JoyfulSel

A modern day love story: Guy reaches out to you, you think he's cute so you start talking to him, give him your number. Guy then messages if you're free, you reply yes, guy never responds again. Love that. 👌
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.