• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
0 kids n not countin

Oh Joy, Amy JOy's husband says she can have her own bathroom

browngrl

I feel kind of bad because she seems so absurdly pleased with a room that I find cheap/dull. The cheap/ugly laminate counter, the tacky towels, the fake flowers - ugh.

Waffle Time
Hane

She's been married less than a year and a half, and she has ALL the answers about married life already! I hope she goes back and reads this stuff again when the honeymoon's over.

0 kids n not countin
She's been married less than a year and a half, and she has ALL the answers about married life already! I hope she goes back and reads this stuff again when the honeymoon's over.

She seems to have all the answers about everything. Some of her posts are super cringe-worthy. I guess since she recently became "born again" she is over zealous about being a proper Christian women and all that it entails.

Check out her "modesty journey": http://cornerofjoy.blogspotdotcom/search?updated-max=2011-10-19T12:17:00-04:00&max-results=4&reverse-paginate=true

So I have slowly instituted a few new rules for myself over the last few years. Again, these are my interpretations of what the Bible means, and others may interpret it differently. First, if it is too sexual to have another man touch it, it is too sexual to show. This means for me (in addition to the obvious private areas of my body) my thighs, back, upper chest, and stomach need to be covered. Since I am very tall, it is easy to look sexual when I don't mean to. My long legs in jeans can be more alluring than jeans on another woman. So I have begun to wear skirts (knee-length or below) most of the time. If I weat pants, it is usually only at home alone with my husband (comfy pants) or long women's basketball shorts to the gym.

gustava

She seems to have all the answers about everything. Some of her posts are super cringe-worthy. I guess since she recently became "born again" she is over zealous about being a proper Christian women and all that it entails.

Check out her "modesty journey": http://cornerofjoy.blogspotdotcom/search?updated-max=2011-10-19T12:17:00-04:00&max-results=4&reverse-paginate=true

What about ear lobes?

NurseNell
I feel kind of bad because she seems so absurdly pleased with a room that I find cheap/dull. The cheap/ugly laminate counter, the tacky towels, the fake flowers - ugh.

It's a rental so she can't do much about the laminate counters. She even said she didn't like them and wished she could change them. The bathroom decor isn't my taste but I thought she did a nice job. And she likes it, which is all that matters.

Is your avatar of your kitten? It is adorable!

mirele

This isn't what Virginia Woolf meant by a room of one's own.

Black Aliss

Ear lobes, the nape of the neck, my face, my ankles/feet. Seriously, some man touches any part of my body except in a professional capacity or to shake hands, he's going to get smacked. Guess I better start wearing a chador.

luckystone

Ear lobes, the nape of the neck, my face, my ankles/feet. Seriously, some man touches any part of my body except in a professional capacity or to shake hands, he's going to get smacked. Guess I better start wearing a chador.

Yeah...I find it bizarre the remaining body parts are okay for other men to touch. :shock:

redcurls
Since I am very tall, it is easy to look sexual when I don't mean to. My long legs in jeans can be more alluring than jeans on another woman.

...explainabragging much? :roll:

crassy
Towels were the hardest to find. I got these at Target. When I was buying them, the checker said "wow you must have a very understanding husband". And I do:)

Understanding that she can have her own room or understanding that she bought the ugliest towels on the face of the planet?

Either way...I would LOL so hard if my husband 'let' me have a room.

Miggy

...explainabragging much? :roll:

:x That was the point I stopped reading. I can't stand the passive aggressive poor-me-I'm-so-stunningly-beautiful thing.`

browngrl

*brief thread hijack*

Is your avatar of your kitten? It is adorable!

I wish. I would dearly love a kitten but every time I go to adopt an animal or an animal finds me - they always turn out to be an adult cat/dog - so I just covet the kittens of others. *thread hijack over*

debrand

:x That was the point I stopped reading. I can't stand the passive aggressive poor-me-I'm-so-stunningly-beautiful thing.`

Yeah, that part made me roll my eyes.

MamaJunebug

Understanding that she can have her own room or understanding that she bought the ugliest towels on the face of the planet?

Either way...I would LOL so hard if my husband 'let' me have a room.

I gagged on the "let" part of the situation, didn't LOL. It reminds me of when my grandmother-in-law talked about how some woman's husband "built her a house" - yes, back in the 1910's, when most women had no money of their own and were occupied 24/7 in sustaining life on a hardscrabble farm, men did things for their wives because the wives literally could not.

Do these women have an idea of what life would be like if their ideas were pushed on everyone? Do they even care? Are their lives so blissful that blogging about them and then cooing and ooing with each other at Sunday-go-to-home-church-services are enough to distract them?

Maybe they don't think long-term. But enough of them do. Vote liberal, USA citizens.

denimjumper

There is a prayer candle on the toilet?

Angri-la

I wish my husband would give me my own bathroom, but we only have one, and he does not need encouragement to use the garden as his litterbox, thank you.

Also, Brava mirele, brava!

crassy

Do these women have an idea of what life would be like if their ideas were pushed on everyone? Do they even care?

No and no. They don't get that they still have access to services and the ability to speak up on the internet because of feminists. They can sit there in their glass houses and wax poetic because deep down they know that if they are abused, threatened, hurt, whatever, that they will still have rights. They've romanticised this whole thing because there is still that safety net behind them, a safety net created by and maintained by people who fight for equality.