IGNORED

Living Sacrifice takes her name a bit too literally

julie paradox

To give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she means they only get milk with meals. She gets WIC which gives you a fuckton of milk. Srsly we get enough to last my entire family 3 weeks out of the month and that is with only 2 kids on the program. We have a similar policy (water or juice between meals) because my sons could each drink half a gallon of milk in one serving. No one needs that much calcium :) But she doesn't seem like the sanest parent.

More trivia: in my state you can get vouchers for tofu instead of milk vouchers if you want.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It reads like a 77 point checklist for how to be a victim of spousal abuse.

Also, she doesn't NEED to like her husband. Did you know that trust, honesty, and openness are ungodly and unbiblical? By the way, she says that God healed her mental illness. Yeah. I'm thinking that he didn't.

homeschoolblogger.com/mrse/781879/

Something is deeply wrong with that relationship. I'm actually scared for (and of) this woman. I believe that she has five kids and one in the oven, and she's posting about how being overwhelmed is a *good* thing. Very worrying.

This was my personal fav on her list of 77 ways to be a doormat wife:

22. Respond readily to his physical affection.

* Do not be stiff when receiving a hug or a kiss.

* Do not resist physical advances: Pray instead. God will provide the grace.

I made my husband read that list and he zeroed in on that number 22. He doesn't think she enjoys sex very much and said it would be so NOT HOT if I started praying during intimacy.

Wow. She hates her husband. She hates her kids. She hates her life. Fundamentalism is merely her excuse to wallow in the muck.

Guest Anonymous

This was my personal fav on her list of 77 ways to be a doormat wife:

22. Respond readily to his physical affection.

* Do not be stiff when receiving a hug or a kiss.

* Do not resist physical advances: Pray instead. God will provide the grace.

Just lie back and think of the Dominion, I guess. Disgusting.

I made my husband read that list and he zeroed in on that number 22. He doesn't think she enjoys sex very much and said it would be so NOT HOT if I started praying during intimacy.

That's got to be a huge turn off. I mean, wouldn't you want the person you're having sex with to be enjoying themselves? I know that guys always say that one of the things that makes a woman good in bed is enthusiasm, and yes, there is a huge difference between true enthusiasm and feigned enthusiasm.

Ahh Camilla.. I've been following her since she had a previous blog. She had one, also on homeschool blogger I believe, that she took down. This was a few years ago... she only had 3 kids at this point. She is a special kind of crazy, seriously. She says nothing, posts nothing, does nothing without her husbands blessing. She teachers her children that to run around at church, AFTER the service, is wrong. Calls anyone who lets their children do that "fools" and basically beats her children into submission. I may go back when I have more time to find some of my fave posts for you. Oh I am so glad someone brought her up. She has been my pet blog for a long time!

Okay I found some good ones... Here's a quick list of my personal "faves" from her blog. :D

Training children to reject idols:

homeschoolblogger.com/mrse/526923/

How to isolate your kids.. uhm help you kids love god

homeschoolblogger.com/mrse/452564/

Rodding children:

homeschoolblogger.com/mrse/464295/

Marriage vitamin pack:

homeschoolblogger.com/mrse/696666/

Breaking down kids through food:

homeschoolblogger.com/mrse/728002/

Breaking the will of teenagers:

homeschoolblogger.com/mrse/774826/

I'm sure there are more, but I must sleep now!

(Edited because I forgot to break links)

Why do people who hate children have them? I mean, if you want a robot -- buy a robot.

I just don't think the technology is advanced enough, maybe in 15-20 years ;)

Okay I found some good ones... Here's a quick list of my personal "faves" from her blog. :D

Silly woman! Doesn't she know you break their will before their first birthday?

ETA: I perused her blog for a bit and I actually liked her idea of having a 9:1 positive interaction to negative interaction ratio with each child. I think that's a good way of keeping yourself from being too mean to the kid, especially if you follow the Pearls' methods.

Something is deeply wrong with that relationship. I'm actually scared for (and of) this woman. I believe that she has five kids and one in the oven, and she's posting about how being overwhelmed is a *good* thing. Very worrying.

The next Andrea Yates?? Lol

Age 4

•Assigned chores

•Serves others by choice

•Takes care of own property and keep personal areas organized

•Demonstrates contentedness, self control, and an independent work ethic

•Does not pester, whine, interrupt, or talk excessively (is thoughtful in words)

•Begins to be aware of example to younger children

•Able to help care for younger ones, and play with them selflessly and lovingly

I don't think I could've hit all these points at age 17, much less age four.

This one bothered me most: homeschoolblogger.com/mrse/774826/

It could have been worse, but... just let your kids BE themselves! Surely God made them as individuals and wants to nurture them in their uniqueness, right? So give them a fucking break and let them feel what they feel for once in a while.

A lot of good stuff in the comments.

How to isolate your kids.. uhm help you kids love god

homeschoolblogger.com/mrse/452564/

Rodding children:

homeschoolblogger.com/mrse/464295/

I can't quite wrap my mind around this one. The "rodding children" post is such a grab bag. The story she told about her daughter's tea party was actually quite nice. Then she talks about her young teen son, and how the answer to her prayer about how to guide him was to throw him together with his father. I guess that means he becomes dad's problem? And even though dad and son don't seem to connect, they will just keep at it. Then lastly, the idea that a 2-year-old will respond better if he's reminded about being beaten with a rod.

It is kind of amazing that all of her very specific prayer requests are quickly and clearly answered. Surprisingly, the answers always seem to be something that she agrees with, and can all be justified by specific bible verses.

I'm sure there are more, but I must sleep now!

(Edited because I forgot to break links)

Oy. Even her fan club couldn't quite stomach that one. It apparently isn't enough that an 11-year-old and 15-year-old do everything they're told, complete all their chores when asked, and take on many parenting duties. Somehow LS just knows that they are not doing it wholeheartedly...even though they are being perfectly obedient. Exactly what more can a parent expect :?:

I actually love her blog header. It reminds me of that scene in HP3 where Harry casts the patronus across the lake to save himself and Sirius from the dementors :D

This week my older two children (15 and 11) are starting spiritual boot camp. My husband and I had both noticed that their heart for the Lord was growing a bit cold. Their obedience seemed to be becoming habitual, shallow and "performed."

It's interesting she thinks she can discern the interior lives of her children, then uses something that troubles her as an excuse to double-down on kids who already do everything she says.

Their verbal responses, facial expressions, and body language towards my husband, and me, while outwardly respectful and "satisfactory," were lacking in true honor and respect.

How can one tell another is "lacking true honor" when he is at once "outwardly respectful"?

For our children, folks, this is serious DANGER. SERIOUS danger. It is spiritually terminal! The ONLY hope my children have of growing up spiritually strong, of growing up to have life go "well" for them, and to grow up successful (the success God has planned for them), established, stable, and thriving… the only hope for them, as stated in the Bible, is that they honor their father and mother, and obey them.

...which they do, and that to the letter. But somehow, perfect still isn't good enough for this dimbulb. I wouldn't be sad to learn a house falls on her - and I doubt her kids would be all that broken up about it either.

And while we're on that subject, has it become passé for fundies to raise their own young children rather than forcing the duty on older siblings? Raise your own fucking kids!

Um, lady? That's because you "trained" them, like a dog.

Guest Anonymous

Um, lady? That's because you "trained" them, like a dog.

This makes two threads in 24 hours where I can point out that I treat my dogs better than a lot of fundies treat their kids. Dog training at my house = loads of positive reinforcement and the occasional firm "no" and redirection.

Age 2

•Come instantly when called

•Respond instantly to “No†or “Stop†commands

•Help with most chores

•Sit still and quietly when told

•Be helpful, gentle, and loving

•Count to 10, identify shapes, colors, letters, and handle a crayon or pencil

I've never heard of training a child to be loving, or considering that a goal.

My heathen mind always assumed children were born loving of their parents/caretakers and were conditioned not to be through the adults' failures. Sure, some children may demonstrate it differently (I'm thinking autism spectrum, schizophrenia or other mental/emotional disorders, etc.) but I don't think I've ever met a 2 year old that needed trained to love. Children mimic the environment they're raised in. :idea:

I've never heard of training a child to be loving, or considering that a goal.

My heathen mind always assumed children were born loving of their parents/caretakers and were conditioned not to be through the adults' failures. Sure, some children may demonstrate it differently (I'm thinking autism spectrum, schizophrenia or other mental/emotional disorders, etc.) but I don't think I've ever met a 2 year old that needed trained to love. Children mimic the environment they're raised in. :idea:

Really, it doesn't sound like there's a lot of love in those environments. That and a lot of these fundie bloggers seem to love over-using the word "loving." I think they're confusing "loving" with "brainwashed."

A two-year-old can be helpful, gentle not so much. And "loving" definitely depends on the environment they're raised in.

That list of how kids should be at certain ages was SO wrong. The idea of a 4 year old knowing when and how much to speak is - just gross. She has stripped her children of that wonderful joy children have because they don't realize that the world is a big huge pile of suck. Heck, one of the things I love about watching my children is their innocent happiness.

Since I loathe her, every time I read "my husband" it just - it sounds so ugly in my head.

When her kids find freedom, they're going to REBEL hard.

No Kamilla the sycophant is unmarried and has no children.

Not that these two facts slow her down in the least from telling married women with children how to conduct themselves and raise their children :roll:

I can't stand that hag.

Archived