IGNORED

If you date, you'll kiss a bunch of frogs

dairyfreelife

And though she is the tender young age of fifteen, the "age an average woman first dates", MacKenzie has already made the decision not to date until after she's married.

In addition, she plans to save her first kiss for her wedding day.

MacKenzie won't be kissing any frogs at all!

treasuresfromashoebox.blogspot.com/2012/08/if-youre-gonna-date-youre-gonna-have-to.html

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"...kiss 22 men, enjoy four long-term relationships and have their heart broken five times. Researchers found she will also endure six bad dates, have six one-night stands, be cheated on four times and meet at least one partner online. The typical woman will also have been whisked away on holiday or a city break with three different men and had three long-distance relationships."

Is there supposed to be something in this passage to persuade me not to date? I mean sure, getting your heart broken sucks, but so does going to the dentist. Or, more comparably, losing a close friend. I don't see why experience is always supposed to be a bad thing with these people.

Is there supposed to be something in this passage to persuade me not to date? I mean sure, getting your heart broken sucks, but so does going to the dentist. Or, more comparably, losing a close friend. I don't see why experience is always supposed to be a bad thing with these people.

I'm laughing at the meeting one partner online. Woo that's terrible, what a slut! Needed to advertise herself online, it's so shocking!

treasuresfromashoebox.blogspot.com/2012/08/if-youre-gonna-date-youre-gonna-have-to.html

So, polyamory then? That's very progressive. I'm glad to hear that she's ruled out amphibious bestiality. That's pretty hardcore.

I feel a little sad, but only because I apparently fall below the average. Who are these men whisking women away on holiday? The only dude who ever took my anywhere was my spouse, and the majority of the time, it's MY idea. I feel like I should call my exes and demand refunds of some kind.

Mackenzie has some very unpleasant reveals ahead for her. I would have rather made out with a thousand frogs than have married someone I'd barely been alone with; I ended up with The Creature From The Black Lagoon.

I'm laughing at the meeting one partner online. Woo that's terrible, what a slut! Needed to advertise herself online, it's so shocking!

Ahahaha. I met my current...person, I dunno what to call him, online. Then had sex with him on the second date. The shame! D:

Really though. In the grand scheme of things, is six bad dates really so bad? Granted, the cheating and broken heart parts suck, but whatever. You get through it and become stronger and move on. Also, what is this "whisked away on holiday" business and where can I sign up? I wouldn't mind being whisked from the monotony of work at all!

After reading the whole blog post, I have to say that it makes me very sad that a birthday post to a girl was used as an object lesson for "purity." And the fundies say we objectify women and reduce them to their sexual parts!

I'm not sure how they think getting married to the first guy who expresses interest to your father will save you from any of those things :? It won't stop you from getting your heart broken, getting cheated on, or experiencing a long distance relationship just because you happened to be married to the guy. Especially when you barely know him to begin with.

Ahahaha. I met my current...person, I dunno what to call him, online. Then had sex with him on the second date. The shame! D:

My only one night stand was with a much-younger guy I met online. We knew each other in person, like, all of four hours? Which is probably more alone time than most of these courtship-only-fundies get....

My husband just spontaneously offered to take me to Paris for my birthday weekend so I think I win the 'whisked away on a city break' bit too! :dance:

I'd rather kiss some frog's and find a 'prince' than marry a father-approved 'prince' and find out he's just a frog when its too late.

My only one night stand was with a much-younger guy I met online. We knew each other in person, like, all of four hours? Which is probably more alone time than most of these courtship-only-fundies get....

My husband just spontaneously offered to take me to Paris for my birthday weekend so I think I win the 'whisked away on a city break' bit too! :dance:

Lucky duck! I never get whisked. :snooty:

"I would do it. I would kiss a frog. I would kiss a hundred frogs if I could marry a prince and be a princess."

"I would do it. I would kiss a frog. I would kiss a hundred frogs if I could marry a prince and be a princess."

Truth. Why would you want to take a chance that the one person you ever form a romantic bond with is the "right" one? Why not try out lots, to see what works for you, and then pick someone you know you can be really happy with? It's like saying the first person you become friends with is your One True Friend, and you never want to form friendships with others because that would detract from your love for your One True Friend. Well, what if they're a really shitty friend and you don't know because you have nothing to compare to?

Better to kiss a bunch of frogs than to marry one!

What makes anyone think courtship is the right way to not break your heart or to guarantee that he is The One? If you are truly attracted to him during courtship, then you'll still get your heart broken when it's broken off. If you have no feeling for him during courtship, if you barely know him because you want to stay pure.....how do you know he won't turn into a frog after the wedding? In fact, how can any girl judge how well a guy will treat her in private if she's never allowed to be with him in private?! Sounds to me like the fundie courtship model is far more riskier than the dating scene!

Guest Anonymous

I would so much rather kiss some frogs than marry a monster who shoots my dog and have to kiss him every day.

Not to mention that Cheryl's frog kissing continued after her marriage, considering that she and Terry are both serial cheaters.

This six bad dates thing confuses me. Do they mean in a month or in a year?

I think it means in the course of the average woman's lifetime.

Well all the frogs that I kissed made me appreciate the Prince that I ended up marrying.

I am way under quota on the kissing. I'm not sure if I should feel sad about that. I am way over the average of 6 bad dates. I went on a whole bunch of bad blind dates which I think is code for your friends are blind.

Hearts can be broken in many different ways beyond just from romance than you can't ever get through life without a broken heart at some point or another.

I am way under quota on the kissing. I'm not sure if I should feel sad about that. I am way over the average of 6 bad dates. I went on a whole bunch of bad blind dates which I think is code for your friends are blind.

Hearts can be broken in many different ways beyond just from romance than you can't ever get through life without a broken heart at some point or another.

So true. I wonder why fun dies never acknowledge this. To keep your heart 100% intact, you would just have to never feel anything. For example, my heart has been broken romantically, yeah, but also by the shooting in Aurora. And by the car accident that my brother's friend died in.

Yea, I'd definitely rather go through all that then be stuck living in my parents house at 30 years old with no job, no schooling, and no life experience beyond caring for their kid and then marry a guy I barely know that my dad picked for me.

Sure, I've had my heartbroken and been cheated on, and that part of my previous relationships sucked. Without them though I'd have missed out on many experiences, travel, met people from all over the country and learned about life in other states (I live in a Navy town; I've dated a lot of sailors lol). I've found new interests and hobbies and best of all I got my son out of it.

I've thought about that a lot lately. If premarital sex is so horrible, why was I rewarded with the love of my life?

I find that one particularly amusing since that is how I met my husband :lol: .

Archived