IGNORED

Lousewife commentators insult female judoka

JesusFightClub

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to tell exactly the same on another thread, now I am a vile islamophobe bigot. It is interesting to see how the discussion completely derails.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11816

That's because you are being a bigoted twit in the other thread and as much as Free Jinger is about snarking on fundies, we also don't stand for such a disgusting display of hatred for an entire group based on the actions of a few.

I believe pomology is pointing out tht many good people feel like their faith inspires that in them. How you feel about it doesn't change how they perceive their faith.

Yes, exactly. Thank you, treemom.

My problem with the term islamophobe is that it is generally brought out when islam is criticised for any reason. I am no more an islamophobe than I am a christianophobe.

Like I said earlier, Islamaphobe is merely the Muslim equivalent of the term anti-Semite (we'll ignore for now that the majority of Muslims are, in fact, Semitic, because the term anti-Semitic in English today is used only to refer to the hated of Jews). The term anti-Semite is brought out in inappropriate contexts (like saying that anybody who is anti-Zionist is anti-Semitic) but it doesn't change the fact for anyone that anti-Semitism is an appropriate term for a terrible phenomenon. Why is Islamaphobia any different?

Guest Anonymous
Don't forget it's also because:

"The Left’s crazy athletic affirmative action program has placed someone totally unqualified at risk of serious injury so that she can participate in a sport that is entirely unsuitable for women to begin with. What a triumph for freedom and women’s rights!"

:roll: I sometimes wonder if she's Sauron's wife, what with the giant black eye glaring at everyone who dares criticize her ignorant views. I just hope the girl isn't put off of doing judo forever after this. :(

I wouldn't wish her even on Sauron. Or Voldemort, for that matter.

I wouldn't wish her even on Sauron. Or Voldemort, for that matter.

WTF? She makes it sound like the (presumptively) better athlete is out to specifically harm the less experienced athelete.

The point isn't to beat the inferior athlete to a pulp, just to win the match.

Stinking Fishwife is going to have a conniption fit over this commercial.

f1ighxU1vYw

Is that Joan Benoit Samuelson I see in that ad? Joanie's one of the greats of women's running and won the first Olympic women's marathon in the '84 Games in LA. She still inspiring girls and women athletes

I knew a female Bronze Medal winner who competed, I think, when martial arts were intro'd to the Summer Olympics. Thing is, she was a lioness -- and she would merely disregard trash talk, even as she'd likely ignore the Louse-Harpy's minions as being no more than gnats in the fur around a big cat's ass.

I believe pomology is pointing out tht many good people feel like their faith inspires that in them. How you feel about it doesn't change how they perceive their faith.

Latraviata is a proud bigot - and worse, a complete know-it-all. You'd have better luck trying to convince Time Cube Guy than you will of ever making a dent in this woman's firmly set opinions. Any time this subject comes up, she lets anyone who disagrees with her know that she is just so much more educated in all matters oh human behavior - and on Islam - than anyone else here could ever be.

Argue with her only if you want to hear a steady stream of fascist horseshit - the real kind.

Like I said earlier, Islamaphobe is merely the Muslim equivalent of the term anti-Semite.

This is truly the most idiotic thing I've heard in this regard.

To Islamophobia (whatever that means) with anti-Semitism is disproportionately stupid.

I would suggest that you go into anti-Semitism before you dare to write such nonsense.

Antisemitsm is race/etnicity/religion. Islam is a religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

Judo is a sport unfit for a woman? Why? Oh, anything's unfit for a woman if it's not sitting at home sewing pictures of kittens, with occasional breaks to shout at her kids.

Hey, don't knock sewing pictures of kittens. ;)

A young woman from my small tow in WI is in London as an alternate in women's wrestling. When she wrestled in high school there was all kinds of hullabaloo.

And for a bit of relaxation, fun and snarkers unification in these dark days of bigotry, facism and hatred

IQEMX4ZNts4

Like I said earlier, Islamaphobe is merely the Muslim equivalent of the term anti-Semite.

This is truly the most idiotic thing I've heard in this regard.

To Islamophobia (whatever that means) with anti-Semitism is disproportionately stupid.

I would suggest that you go into anti-Semitism before you dare to write such nonsense.

Antisemitsm is race/etnicity/religion. Islam is a religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

Uh, thanks, for the link the Wikipedia page, but I'm a Jew. I know all about anti-Semitism. I also know more about being a Jew and have read enough about being a Muslim to realize that they are more alike than you apparently think.

You are really an ugly human being, aren't you?

Uh, thanks, for the link the Wikipedia page, but I'm a Jew. I know all about anti-Semitism. I also know more about being a Jew and have read enough about being a Muslim to realize that they are more alike than you apparently think.

You are really an ugly human being, aren't you?

Oficially, according to jewish law, I am jewish. My maternal grandmother was jewish and converted to catholicism because she was married to a catholic and to try to save her skin when Hitler came to power.

It is very ugly to compare islam criticism with anti semitism that is a disgrace to the jewish people.

May I remind you of the pogroms, WW11, persecution even in this day and age in islamic countries in the streets of Amsterdam, Antwerp, Brussels, Paris and the like.

How is that the same as criticising Islam? How dare you!

I resent vile anti semitism, gay hate, misogyny, so I am the bigot and fascist here? I presented

enough articles and quranic verses to substantiate the cruelty and hatred in the islam.

Everything is casually denied, with insignificant arguments, such as, the verses are not translated correctly, there is a lot of cruelty everywhere, it is not religion it is culture and all the platitudes you can think of.

I know all about anti-Semitism. I also know more about being a Jew and have read enough about being a Muslim to realize that they are more alike than you apparently think.

I doubt it and if I were you I would read some more.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/04/the-p ... azism.html

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... lands_(gen).html

http://www.jewcy.com/religion-and-belie ... onal_texts

There is a positive correlation between healthy societies and equality between the sexes. I'm pretty critical of Islam and I hate the term 'Islamophobe'. Fuck that noise. I hate all religions. I am not scared of Islam, I just think it is no more, no less ridiculous than any other the other religions out there. It doesn't get a free pass for bigotry, misogyny, or human rights violations just because it is a ~*faith*~. Faith is just belief without evidence. I have no use, nor do I have any respect for that sort of thing. People though...I respect people as human beings.

I agree with you!

How is that the same as criticising Islam? How dare you!

Yeah, that's not at all what I said. Not even a little bit. Try actually reading what I wrote. I know you can, with all your special credentials.

I basically agree with crassy. Oh, and I think latraviata is a tool who demonstrated that quality very well in the Muslim athlete thread.

Quote from TTH - "Saudi Arabia recently got heat for not letting women drive – and we all know how easily women get distracted while driving – and now they’re getting criticism for this.

I actually feel bad for Saudi Arabian women. Well, the ones that aren’t tempted by feminism, that is."

WTF?

I was just about to post the same thing, it jumped out at me. WTF, that's really all I can say. I don't even

There was always a rumour on my mum's side of the family that they were Jewish. My mum did some research. Yup, Jewish (from a wee town no one's heard of somewhere in Eastern Europe).

(I dunno if that makes me Jewish or not. I shouldn't think so. It was a hell of a long time ago and nobody's been a practicing Jew for ages.)

Some of the coolest and nicest people I know, however, are Jewish or Muslim. It's important to defend both from prejudice and discrimination. As a commie, I don't like the concept of religion much, so I can see where LaTrav is coming from there. However, what I do like is freedom of belief. LaTrav, we have to defend it.

Think of the excellent folk on this board who practice Islam or Judaism! Nobody here aside from trolls is a mad shrieking extremist. I'm really interested in Sunnichick's take on things and her version of Islam is peaceful and laid back. We have a lot of Jews and I'm fascinated by the view into a different culture from my own they present.

Not clever at these things (I was a Christian way way back and I believed the wildest shit about Catholics, Jews and Muslims). Real life and FJ together have really opened my eyes. LaTrav, totally think. I know you are brainy, much more so than me. You talk like how my brother does, he's a fundie atheist. But it can't be right.

There was always a rumour on my mum's side of the family that they were Jewish. My mum did some research. Yup, Jewish (from a wee town no one's heard of somewhere in Eastern Europe).

(I dunno if that makes me Jewish or not. I shouldn't think so. It was a hell of a long time ago and nobody's been a practicing Jew for ages.)

Some of the coolest and nicest people I know, however, are Jewish or Muslim. It's important to defend both from prejudice and discrimination. As a commie, I don't like the concept of religion much, so I can see where LaTrav is coming from there. However, what I do like is freedom of belief. LaTrav, we have to defend it.

Think of the excellent folk on this board who practice Islam or Judaism! Nobody here aside from trolls is a mad shrieking extremist. I'm really interested in Sunnichick's take on things and her version of Islam is peaceful and laid back. We have a lot of Jews and I'm fascinated by the view into a different culture from my own they present.

Not clever at these things (I was a Christian way way back and I believed the wildest shit about Catholics, Jews and Muslims). Real life and FJ together have really opened my eyes. LaTrav, totally think. I know you are brainy, much more so than me. You talk like how my brother does, he's a fundie atheist. But it can't be right.

This is according to jewish (religious) law and no I don't consider myself jewish as such.

I believe as much in freedom as you do and that includes freedom of religion as well.

No I am not a fundie, other than on FJ I hardly talk about it, let alone trying to convince other people or 'preaching' atheism. It played no role in the upbringing of my children at all, when their grandmothers wanted to take them to church, that was perfectly fine by me.

I do get irritated though when people try to convince me of the existence of some sort of deity and I get particularly angry when religious people try to take somebody else's rights or violate their rights. I am a firm believer in separation of church and state, as far as I am concerned religion is a personal matter.

Religion is the opiate of the masses.

I agree with that too.

Yeah, it's a tough one. When I get het up against religion I calm myself down by thinking of someone like Sunnichick, pomology or 2X. I meant no insult to you by comparing you to my brother. He's got strong views like you do.

I'm never sure if I can type to you in Scots, LaTraviata, because although your English is great it's not your first language and I wouldn't want to make stuff difficult. If I could get away with it I'd type in Scots all the time on here. :lol: But anyway we have a saying "We're aw Jock Tamson's bairns". In English "We're all John Thomson's children."

Means, we're all equal. If some of those children take the opium route, ane o' they bairns kin come back, ken? Bit ye'll no get them back by bawlin (one of the kids might come back but not if you shout at them.) Which you're doing.

Please don't. We've had our differences but I learned to respect you. I think others will too if you don't tell them off for their religious choices.

Yeah, it's a tough one. When I get het up against religion I calm myself down by thinking of someone like Sunnichick, pomology or 2X. I meant no insult to you by comparing you to my brother. He's got strong views like you do.

I'm never sure if I can type to you in Scots, LaTraviata, because although your English is great it's not your first language and I wouldn't want to make stuff difficult. If I could get away with it I'd type in Scots all the time on here. :lol: But anyway we have a saying "We're aw Jock Tamson's bairns". In English "We're all John Thomson's children."

Means, we're all equal. If some of those children take the opium route, ane o' they bairns kin come back, ken? Bit ye'll no get them back by bawlin (one of the kids might come back but not if you shout at them.) Which you're doing.

Please don't. We've had our differences but I learned to respect you. I think others will too if you don't tell them off for their religious choices.

I don't feel offended at all, to me it is not an insult.

Once I tried to read 'Trainspotting' in Scottish, it was very diffcicult, but I somehow managed with the help of my sons. I do understand what you mean and I am sorry if I give that impression. Having said that, I am direct and I don't like sugar coating things, but I'll do my best promise!

I don't only respect you I absolutely have a soft spot for you even to the point that I hope for Cuteneurorad to meet somebody with your kind and humerous nature.

Difficult one, but again I'll try. Sometimes in writing especially in another language, things appear to be more harsch than it was actually meant to be.

It is easier to express feelings in another language because there is no emotional connection with that language, the purview of words has less emotional impact.

There has been an academic experimental therapy for people (couples) to speak a language other than their native language because they were fairer and opener because of the emotional distance to the language.

I don't think you understood what I meant. I did not say that religious people have not been inspired or that good people cannot be religious, but I'm pretty sure they would be good (or bad) without religion.

I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't do as much volunteer work as I do if I wasn't a Jesus lover. He inspires me to want to do more. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure. I have to agree with pomology and treemom on this one. Also, I'm not a fan of religion either. Some people interchange religion with belief in a deity, and the two are not the same.

That's because you are being a bigoted twit in the other thread and as much as Free Jinger is about snarking on fundies, we also don't stand for such a disgusting display of hatred for an entire group based on the actions of a few.

I read that other thread. She didn't say that she hated all Muslims. She hates Islam. Latraviata doesn't like any religion. She knows that I'm a Jesus lover and she likes me. Just because a person dislikes a religion doesn't mean that they dislike everyone who adheres to that religion. I'm not a fan of Islam either. Then again, I'm also not a fan of Mormonism, JW, IFB churches, and a couple of others.

Archived