IGNORED

Lousewife commentators insult female judoka

JesusFightClub

I read that other thread. She didn't say that she hated all Muslims. She hates Islam. Latraviata doesn't like any religion. She knows that I'm a Jesus lover and she likes me. Just because a person dislikes a religion doesn't mean that they dislike everyone who adheres to that religion. I'm not a fan of Islam either. Then again, I'm also not a fan of Mormonism, JW, IFB churches, and a couple of others.

Thank you Theologygeek!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that other thread. She didn't say that she hated all Muslims. She hates Islam. Latraviata doesn't like any religion. She knows that I'm a Jesus lover and she likes me. Just because a person dislikes a religion doesn't mean that they dislike everyone who adheres to that religion. I'm not a fan of Islam either. Then again, I'm also not a fan of Mormonism, JW, IFB churches, and a couple of others.

I think maybe you need to go back and re-read than thread then. She made some very disgusting generalizations about Muslims. Not Islam, not adherents to fundamentalist Islam; just run of the mill, everyday Muslims. She admitted there maybe "a few enlightened" Muslims out there, but she spent most of the thread basically saying "But they are very united when it comes to killing jews (apparantly according to the Quran, they are apes and pigs) women, homosexuals and non muslims (infidels) in general." Don't believe me? She states her thesis in those words exactly viewtopic.php?p=342013#p342013

Interestingly, I have several local Muslim friends, lived in a Muslim country, and traveled to many. Yet to have been killed, threatened or treated badly.

I think maybe you need to go back and re-read than thread then. She made some very disgusting generalizations about Muslims. Not Islam, not adherents to fundamentalist Islam; just run of the mill, everyday Muslims. She admitted there maybe "a few enlightened" Muslims out there, but she spent most of the thread basically saying "But they are very united when it comes to killing jews (apparantly according to the Quran, they are apes and pigs) women, homosexuals and non muslims (infidels) in general." Don't believe me? She states her thesis in those words exactly viewtopic.php?p=342013#p342013

Yes and I was talking about the different movements within islam. The part of the apes and pigs is actually written in the quran I didn't make that up.

Perhaps you should take a course in reading comprehension.

Yes and I was talking about the different movements within islam. The part of the apes and pigs is actually written in the quran I didn't make that up.

Perhaps you should take a course in reading comprehension.

Perhaps you should re-take some of those super spechul psychology courses you have supposedly taken. You generalize about what a group of people believe, maybe this time around you can learn that no one belief can be generalized to an entire group.

I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't do as much volunteer work as I do if I wasn't a Jesus lover. He inspires me to want to do more. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure. I have to agree with pomology and treemom on this one. Also, I'm not a fan of religion either. Some people interchange religion with belief in a deity, and the two are not the same.

So you also agree with me, then, as we pretty much decided that we all agree. You even quoted me saying that I did not say that religious (or spiritual...or whatever you want to call it (for simplicity's sake I am calling it religious)) people cannot be inspired. What I was getting at that good people would still be good without that belief. Ok, so you are inspired to do charity work. Awesome (well, awesome in my eyes if you are helping people with things like food, clean water, education etc., not so much good if charity means handing out bible tracts and proselytising). But that isn't what makes someone a good person. You can still be good and not do charity work, you can also be a bad person and assist in charity work. Do you think you are a good person? Do you think you would be a bad person if you didn't believe in Jesus? If you think you would be a bad person if you didn't believe, that is slightly worrisome. If the only thing keeping you from harming others is a belief in something and not because it is just the wrong thing to do, or because you respect people, there are some issues going on that need to be dealt with (and I am talking about the general you here, not you you).

The orginal point as people of faith do good actions because of a personal inspiration faith brings them.

Not that the are wholly good or bad because of faith. Who are you to question Theologygeek if she says her faith makes her do more good than she would without it?

I read it already. She said "apparently according to the Quran" right in the post you pasted. I took it to mean that she was talking about Muslims who believe that is in the Quran.

The orginal point as people of faith do good actions because of a personal inspiration faith brings them.

Not that the are wholly good or bad because of faith. Who are you to question Theologygeek if she says her faith makes her do more good than she would without it?

I couldn't even follow what she just said. I have to get up in five hours, and did not sleep at all last night because there is an electrical short in the car that makes the horn randomly beep. The neighbors were pissed last night. lol But I agree with you because I agree with you on most everything anyway. LOL

Apparantly Theologygeek doesn't believe in a deity but is inspired by Jesus. I understand that.

Perhaps not the greatest example, but I love Mozart's requiem, Michelangelo's Pietà and numerous

other expressions of religious art, but I am an atheist.

I am not questioning her at all in regards to her faith inspiring her to do charity work. I think you may have misunderstood me or I just didn't put forth my position in a coherent manner.

I am not questioning her at all in regards to her faith inspiring her to do charity work. I think you may have misunderstood me or I just didn't put forth my position in a coherent manner.

So you think that possibly your initial analysis of what faith might do (or not do) in individual lives is over-reaching then?

Apparantly Theologygeek doesn't believe in a deity but is inspired by Jesus. I understand that.

Perhaps not the greatest example, but I love Mozart's requiem, Michelangelo's Pietà and numerous

other expressions of religious art, but I am an atheist.

I don't really fit in anywhere and don't think there's a name for what I am. I definitely believe that Jesus is God. I try to live my life mostly by what He preached. Of course I fail miserably. I have a temper, road rage, and swear too much. But I gotta say that I love God with my whole heart, soul, and mind. HOWEVER. As for the bible, I view it more as history than laws that are to be enforced by followers of God. Jesus said he fulfilled the law and it was finished. I don't believe in faith alone, so Protestantism is out. I do believe in faith and works which leaves Catholicism. But I also don't believe that all of Catholic doctrine is true. I do believe in the veneration of Mary and the saints. I see it no different from you asking me if I could ask my son to fix your roof and to do it for free because you have no money. He will say yes to me before he says yes to you. Example was when Mary told her son to make wine at the wedding. He asked her what she expected him to do, and she basically ignored him and told the servants to go help him make wine. It was her way of saying "I told you to make wine, and you're making wine, so do it." I believe that Jesus preached that love, acceptance, and charity work are all requirements in his eyes. I don't think there is a church out there that concentrates on this alone, without adding in some biblical laws that I don't think applied after the coming of Jesus. Maybe that's what Christianity was originally supposed to be.

Archived