IGNORED

Lousewife commentators insult female judoka

JesusFightClub

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2012/08/the-special-olympics/

What the hell? Being a blue belt and going up against striped black belts is an ASTOUNDING achievement. I'm hoping to see this young girl in 2016, competing on level. And I think I will.

Judo is a sport unfit for a woman? Why? Oh, anything's unfit for a woman if it's not sitting at home sewing pictures of kittens, with occasional breaks to shout at her kids.

They know fuck all about judo as well. In judo, you can use an opponent's strong attack against them (as can be clearly seen if you watched the videos). Weight match is important, but there's nothing to stop a female judoka taking down a male, she'd just have to be tactical. Which she should be doing at that level anyway.

One male judoka I know got the worst injury of his life going up against a woman in training. She defeated him easily. MAN doesn't equal VICTORY, and arm wrestling is different from judo in quite an obvious way. *headdesk*

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She doesn't know what she's talking about. Martial arts isn't just about teh manly muscles. It's more technical skill and practice. I used to practice aikido, and this guy used to dance circles around everyone, because he had the advantage of being shorter than everyone else, therefore more grace at dodging blows. I'm pretty sure it's the case with this girl too, and congrats to her :)

In Saudi Arabia, women are, for all practical purposes, forbidden to participate in sports. Therefore, the Saudis had trouble finding any female athletes to take part in the IOC-mandated charade.

No, you ignorant twat! They had trouble finding women to participate because women didn't want to be tortured, beaten, arrested, ostracised, disowned, or even killed. It has nothing to do with feminism and everything to do with basic human rights.

It is so awesome that this fucking cunt can sit at her computer and wax poetic on how awesome it is to be a SAHM, and how women should be submissive, and it is all due to feminists that she CAN sit there and write that shit. It wouldn't be so awesome if she were facing death for not abiding by the rules. But she isn't.

I am not a violent person but I would love to slap this woman silly. She is evil.

But no, it wasn't fair that Wojdan Shaherkani, a 16 year old girl who had only ever practiced in her basement, was used as a guinea pig by the Saudi's to prove their point about women in sport. And that she was used as an experiment to push their own twisted view of women's rights.

Don't forget it's also because:

"The Left’s crazy athletic affirmative action program has placed someone totally unqualified at risk of serious injury so that she can participate in a sport that is entirely unsuitable for women to begin with. What a triumph for freedom and women’s rights!"

:roll: I sometimes wonder if she's Sauron's wife, what with the giant black eye glaring at everyone who dares criticize her ignorant views. I just hope the girl isn't put off of doing judo forever after this. :(

I think Shaherkani should be really proud of herself. She had no realistic prospect of victory, but she tried her best, and that is supposed to be the Olympic spirit. I feel sure she has the talent and we'll be seeing more of her in future.

It's what I like to see in the Olympics. People trying their hardest and doing their best. It's not about the medal haul any more than "he who dies with the most toys wins" is a good motto for life. It's about working hard and achieving.

Achieving might be gold for one person, it might be just making the place for one person. They are both achievers. I applaud these people who can do things I can't dream of. The Lousewife likes to bash them because WIMMEN THEY SHOULDNAE (do anything she can't do, which is most things, including write well) and her MRA bootlickers hate the idea of women doing anything at all except lying prone with their legs spread.

I do martial arts - I'm a 1st dan at wado ryu karate. I would dearly love for the stinking fishwife to come and tell me that martial arts are not suitable for a woman.

I watched the Judo, I don't watch the olympics much but the martial arts interest me. I think it was incredibly brave for this young judokai to go up against women far more experienced than her, and on the international stage too. I hope that this step she has taken opens up more sport for all Saudi women. She's more of a woman than the stinking fishwife will ever be (presuming the fishwife is actually female).

She can't face thr fact that the Olympics are proof that feminism works. Just look at the young women competing at such a high level...and in many sports the women aren't that far behind. This week a female Chinese swimmer swam a length faster than Ryan Lochte.

In Lousewife's honor today I'm going to go swim a mile in my defrauding speedo suit and think about how lucky I am to have the freedom to be healthy and happy. She's trapped herself in a prison of her own creation.

Quote from TTH - "Saudi Arabia recently got heat for not letting women drive – and we all know how easily women get distracted while driving – and now they’re getting criticism for this.

I actually feel bad for Saudi Arabian women. Well, the ones that aren’t tempted by feminism, that is."

WTF?

No, you ignorant twat! They had trouble finding women to participate because women didn't want to be tortured, beaten, arrested, ostracised, disowned, or even killed. It has nothing to do with feminism and everything to do with basic human rights.

It is so awesome that this fucking cunt can sit at her computer and wax poetic on how awesome it is to be a SAHM, and how women should be submissive, and it is all due to feminists that she CAN sit there and write that shit. It wouldn't be so awesome if she were facing death for not abiding by the rules. But she isn't.

I am not a violent person but I would love to slap this woman silly. She is evil.

But no, it wasn't fair that Wojdan Shaherkani, a 16 year old girl who had only ever practiced in her basement, was used as a guinea pig by the Saudi's to prove their point about women in sport. And that she was used as an experiment to push their own twisted view of women's rights.

I wholeheartedly agree with you and I'm glad I'm not alone in criticising the way the Saudis treat their women.

Free Wodjan!!

I think Shaherkani should be really proud of herself. She had no realistic prospect of victory, but she tried her best, and that is supposed to be the Olympic spirit. I feel sure she has the talent and we'll be seeing more of her in future.

It's what I like to see in the Olympics. People trying their hardest and doing their best. It's not about the medal haul any more than "he who dies with the most toys wins" is a good motto for life. It's about working hard and achieving.

Achieving might be gold for one person, it might be just making the place for one person. They are both achievers. I applaud these people who can do things I can't dream of. The Lousewife likes to bash them because WIMMEN THEY SHOULDNAE (do anything she can't do, which is most things, including write well) and her MRA bootlickers hate the idea of women doing anything at all except lying prone with their legs spread.

That is her regular workout, the only exercise/sport that is allowed. :occasion-olympics:

I wholeheartedly agree with you and I'm glad I'm not alone in criticising the way the Saudis treat their women.

Free Wodjan!!

There is a positive correlation between healthy societies and equality between the sexes. I'm pretty critical of Islam and I hate the term 'Islamophobe'. Fuck that noise. I hate all religions. I am not scared of Islam, I just think it is no more, no less ridiculous than any other the other religions out there. It doesn't get a free pass for bigotry, misogyny, or human rights violations just because it is a ~*faith*~. Faith is just belief without evidence. I have no use, nor do I have any respect for that sort of thing. People though...I respect people as human beings.

She doesn't know what she's talking about. Martial arts isn't just about teh manly muscles. It's more technical skill and practice. I used to practice aikido, and this guy used to dance circles around everyone, because he had the advantage of being shorter than everyone else, therefore more grace at dodging blows. I'm pretty sure it's the case with this girl too, and congrats to her :)

Yeah. My husband used to compete in Judo and he is short and light-weighted. Others compete bull-style, with less skill and more with muscle power. Others like my DH with polished techniques because it suited better. I am not an expert at all, my only attempts in MAs are those hours my husband have taught me self defence moves. But I have understood that weight plays important part. You can be skilled but if there is tens of kilos difference between contestants, it will be as unfair match as between same weight but different level contestants.

Anyways. Good for her. Big changes start with small steps. There has been articles about women's underground gyms and ballgame teams in oppressive countries. Because of these pioneers, somen of these gyms and sport places are now public. All women, of course, but visible. Something that has happened because people have been active. I think it is childish to expect major changes in a blink. It didn't happen that way in our cherished western countries either.

There is a positive correlation between healthy societies and equality between the sexes. I'm pretty critical of Islam and I hate the term 'Islamophobe'. Fuck that noise. I hate all religions. I am not scared of Islam, I just think it is no more, no less ridiculous than any other the other religions out there. It doesn't get a free pass for bigotry, misogyny, or human rights violations just because it is a ~*faith*~. Faith is just belief without evidence. I have no use, nor do I have any respect for that sort of thing. People though...I respect people as human beings.

I tried to tell exactly the same on another thread, now I am a vile islamophobe bigot. It is interesting to see how the discussion completely derails.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11816

Guest Anonymous

I second this. She is far and away one of the bravest people at these Olympics. I have so much respect for a young woman who chooses to participate in her sport despite being a pawn for the authorities in her country and facing abuse/condemnation/social stigma back home.

Standing ovation.

Yes, religion is used to justify all sorts of horrible, hateful, vile things. For those who are brought up in narrow-minded conservative religious homes, religion is can be very harmful. But having a blanket hatred of religion is completely ridiculous. Religion also inspires some to do the kindest, bravest, most selfless things ever one by mankind. I think bad people exploit religion to do bad things and I think good people are inspired by religion to do good. I still think those people would be good people if they were not religious, but that does not change the fact that religion inspires them. I also think that many atheists are good people. Nobody needs religion to be good, but some people do see their goods acts as their religious duty.

Take, for example, the righteous among the nations--the non-Jews that hid and saved Jews during the Holocaust. To be recognized as the righteous among the nations, one had to risk their lives to protect Jews, do it without any expectation of financial gain, and, perhaps most importantly, do it WITHOUT helping or coercing or suggesting that the Jews they protected convert to Christianity. They had to be selfless with no ulterior motives. And many, many of those recognized as righteous among the nations spoke about how their Christianity was what prompted them to protect and save the lives (or be put to death for trying) of Jews. Again, I do think that anybody who is that good would have been that good whether they were Christian or not and I am certain that there were atheists who saved the lives of Jews. But that doesn't mean that Christianity did not help inspire this heroism.

I agree, religion should not get a free pass for bigotry, misogyny, or human rights violations. Christians who do this make me sick. Jews who do this make me sick and ashamed, because I hate that a member of a group that I identify with could be so awful (I also feel ashamed when other Americans are bigoted, misogynist, or violate human rights). Muslims who do this also make me sick.

Perhaps I am naive, but I find it difficult to believe that the average person (e.g. not a neo-Nazi or a member of the KKK or someone of that ilk) would say so perfunctorily "I hate the term antisemitic," though perhaps because making blanket statements about Jews will get you called a Nazi and make blanket statements about Islam make you a regular old American. Islamaphobia is a real thing. For example, it's what Muslim women who choose to wear a hijab face when a stranger calls them a terrorist bitch. It is a form of bigotry in and of itself.

Feel free to judge the precepts of Islam and every other religion on the planet. Feel free to call out the bigotry, misogyny, and human rights violations routinely carried about by Saudi Arabia, Iran, and other Muslim countries as well as many individual Muslims across the planet. Just as you should feel free to call out the bigotry, misogyny, and human rights violations committed by many Jews, many Christians, many Hindus, many Buddhists, many animists and far too many people on this earth. None of this is being Islamaphobic. Islamaphobia is hating millions and millions of individual Muslims that happen to be good, decent people, that also happen to practice the faith of Islam. It is saying that Islam never has anything positive to offer its adherents. But just as the righteous among nations saw Christianity as giving them a reason to save the lives of Jews, many adherents of Islam see it as giving them a reason to do good things. It is denying this that is Islamaphobic. It is denying that religion can be used for good as well as evil that is bigoted.

*Sorry all that this post is long and probably repetitive.*

Perhaps I am naive, but I find it difficult to believe that the average person (e.g. not a neo-Nazi or a member of the KKK or someone of that ilk) would say so perfunctorily "I hate the term antisemitic," though perhaps because making blanket statements about Jews will get you called a Nazi and make blanket statements about Islam make you a regular old American. Islamaphobia is a real thing. For example, it's what Muslim women who choose to wear a hijab face when a stranger calls them a terrorist bitch. It is a form of bigotry in and of itself.

Yes. :clap:

Yes, religion is used to justify all sorts of horrible, hateful, vile things. For those who are brought up in narrow-minded conservative religious homes, religion is can be very harmful. But having a blanket hatred of religion is completely ridiculous. Religion also inspires some to do the kindest, bravest, most selfless things ever one by mankind. I think bad people exploit religion to do bad things and I think good people are inspired by religion to do good. I still think those people would be good people if they were not religious, but that does not change the fact that religion inspires them. I also think that many atheists are good people. Nobody needs religion to be good, but some people do see their goods acts as their religious duty.

Take, for example, the righteous among the nations--the non-Jews that hid and saved Jews during the Holocaust. To be recognized as the righteous among the nations, one had to risk their lives to protect Jews, do it without any expectation of financial gain, and, perhaps most importantly, do it WITHOUT helping or coercing or suggesting that the Jews they protected convert to Christianity. They had to be selfless with no ulterior motives. And many, many of those recognized as righteous among the nations spoke about how their Christianity was what prompted them to protect and save the lives (or be put to death for trying) of Jews. Again, I do think that anybody who is that good would have been that good whether they were Christian or not and I am certain that there were atheists who saved the lives of Jews. But that doesn't mean that Christianity did not help inspire this heroism.

I agree, religion should not get a free pass for bigotry, misogyny, or human rights violations. Christians who do this make me sick. Jews who do this make me sick and ashamed, because I hate that a member of a group that I identify with could be so awful (I also feel ashamed when other Americans are bigoted, misogynist, or violate human rights). Muslims who do this also make me sick.

Feel free to judge the precepts of Islam and every other religion on the planet. Feel free to call out the bigotry, misogyny, and human rights violations routinely carried about by Saudi Arabia, Iran, and other Muslim countries as well as many individual Muslims across the planet. Just as you should feel free to call out the bigotry, misogyny, and human rights violations committed by many Jews, many Christians, many Hindus, many Buddhists, many animists and far too many people on this earth. None of this is being Islamaphobic. Islamaphobia is hating millions and millions of individual Muslims that happen to be good, decent people, that also happen to practice the faith of Islam. It is saying that Islam never has anything positive to offer its adherents. But just as the righteous among nations saw Christianity as giving them a reason to save the lives of Jews, many adherents of Islam see it as giving them a reason to do good things. It is denying this that is Islamaphobic. It is denying that religion can be used for good as well as evil that is bigoted.

*Sorry all that this post is long and probably repetitive.*

I don't think you understood what I meant. I did not say that religious people have not been inspired or that good people cannot be religious, but I'm pretty sure they would be good (or bad) without religion. There were plenty of secular people who also done their part and saved lives. There is a saying by Steven Weinberg that goes:

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil—that takes religion. "

I think it is insulting and degrading to say that those who do good (such as in your example) only did so because of their religion. It downplays the kind of people they are and makes them seem to be instruments of their religion who, without such belief, would have sat back and done nothing.

ETA: I am leaving my above sentences in there but I just realised I missed an entire paragraph of yours. My apologies.

Religions may have things to offer their adherents (and again, I did not say otherwise), but that doesn't make it anymore true or real or right. That is where my problem with religion comes in. That was my mistake for not clarifying. I honestly find it no different than if someone were to say that they were followed around by an army of tea towel wearing purple zoobleeks who did their bidding. That person may be awesome, and friendly, and helpful, but that doesn't make their belief any less ridiculous. It also doesn't automatically make their belief worthy of respect. Religions themselves do not have the right of inherent respect. How could they?

I have no use for religion. I understand that other people do. I think that people should be encouraged and taught to come to their own conclusions and that they should be able to practice freely. However, it should be kept out of the public sphere. Only in a secular society can everyone and anyone have freedom of and from religion.

tl;dr: I didn't say religions can't inspire people or that all religious people are bad. It is the religions themselves, the belief systems, that I find ridiculous and not worthy of my admiration. People yes, religions no. :)

I have no use for religion. I understand that other people do. I think that people should be encouraged and taught to come to their own conclusions and that they should be able to practice freely. However, it should be kept out of the public sphere. Only in a secular society can everyone and anyone have freedom of and from religion.

tl;dr: I didn't say religions can't inspire people or that all religious people are bad. It is the religions themselves, the belief systems, that I find ridiculous and not worthy of my admiration. People yes, religions no. :)

That's fine, then. My problem was two-fold. One with your rejection of the term "Islamaphobia" which I think describes a real and hurtful phenomenon. The other was with your phrasing that you "hate" religions. I'm fine with you believing that religious belief is ridiculous. I'm not sure I would go quite so far, but religious belief does nothing for me (it is other aspects of Judaism that lead to my identification) so I completely understand. But I don't see hating religions as being the same as hating their beliefs, precepts, holy books, prophets, or practices. I see hatred of all rellgions as denying that they can lead to good things, even if they do nothing for you.

I think that we probably mostly agree on this topic and that my disagreement was mostly an issue of semantics.

That's fine, then. My problem was two-fold. One with your rejection of the term "Islamaphobia" which I think describes a real and hurtful phenomenon. The other was with your phrasing that you "hate" religions. I'm fine with you believing that religious belief is ridiculous. I'm not sure I would go quite so far, but religious belief does nothing for me (it is other aspects of Judaism that lead to my identification) so I completely understand. But I don't see hating religions as being the same as hating their beliefs, precepts, holy books, prophets, or practices. I see hatred of all rellgions as denying that they can lead to good things, even if they do nothing for you.

I think that we probably mostly agree on this topic and that my disagreement was mostly an issue of semantics.

I don't think that religions lead to good things. I think that people who are religious can do good things, but they would do those things regardless. I don't really see any reason to like their beliefs, precepts, holy books, prophets, or practices...though I think some of them are kinda neat.

My problem with the term islamophobe is that it is generally brought out when islam is criticised for any reason. I am no more an islamophobe than I am a christianophobe. I understand and get that it is a thing, and that people are hated specifically for being muslim. I don't hate people. I disagree with, dislike, reject, and criticise their beliefs. Unfortunately this gets the same label as someone who hates individuals just because they practice a certain religion.

In any case, I have an exam tomorrow so please excuse me if I don't respond again. It is midnight, exam at 8am, and I have barely cracked a book. :(

I believe pomology is pointing out tht many good people feel like their faith inspires that in them. How you feel about it doesn't change how they perceive their faith.

Archived