IGNORED

Which Duggar is this?

mockingbird

I haven't seen this picture discussed in any other threads, but if it has been forgive me...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1015321704 ... 0826702514

Which Duggar girl is this? Her hair looks FRIED. Not a surprise considering what they do to it everyday, but I don't remember seeing any of the older girls with straight hair in years. I wonder if her hair is naturally straight?

Thats Jana, she's had it straight for a little while now I think?

ETA she is not naturally blonde though, and those blonding chemicals matched with straightening products and irons etc wreak havoc on hair!

I know one of them is naturally curly. It's either Jana or Jessa

Jana (the one in the photo) gets her hair permed. I am pretty sure Jessa's curls are natural (I don't remember them saying who it was, her curls just don't look permed).

I really hope that picture of Hannie is not a 2nd grade ATI workbook but some random coloring book? Hannie has always seemed a bit brighter then some of her close aged siblings. I know it must be hard for them to find coloring books, since most 2nd graders would want to color strawberry shortcake , barbie or polly pocket not the ABC picture pages.

Thanks! I thought it was Jana but the blonde hair threw me off...

Silverspoons I hope so to with Hannie :(

I really hope that picture of Hannie is not a 2nd grade ATI workbook but some random coloring book? Hannie has always seemed a bit brighter then some of her close aged siblings. I know it must be hard for them to find coloring books, since most 2nd graders would want to color strawberry shortcake , barbie or polly pocket not the ABC picture pages.

Hey...are you picking on my little Jackson? :hand:

Actually I agree, but he's still my favorite! Johannah is a close second.

Jana (the one in the photo) gets her hair permed. I am pretty sure Jessa's curls are natural (I don't remember them saying who it was, her curls just don't look permed).

In the episode where the Duggars pretended to be thrifty, the girls were giving Jinger a perm and Jill mentioned that Jessa's were natural.

I agree, it seems more geared toward Jordyn or Josie's age-level than Johanna's.

Exotic Familiarity: That pic of Jana is definitely a perm. I had the same spiral perm c.1990. It's way too perfect to be natural.

Good news: the girls have ditched the perms.

Bad news: they found the flat iron (a real hair fryer) and the 2" curling iron for special occasions. Jana's also found Miss Clairol; it's all one color like Mullet's. No variation in color at all. Jinger may well be hitting the bottle in dark brown as well. At least with Jill, Jessa and Joy you can see blonde highlights that, unless they're really good, are their own.

Even Joy has been spotted with the "loose curls." Buck 'em Joy! Keep rockin' the side pony and that blonde streak in front!

Jana's curls in that 2007 photo are not natural, not at all. The curls that Jessa and Jinger have been sporting more recently aren't natural, either. There's a difference between natural curls and 2" iron curls.

Sometimes I really wonder how much the Duggars spend on hair products. JB uses shit-tons of hairspray, Michelle also uses a curling iron and gel/spray, the four oldest girls seem to use a lot of gel, straighteners, and curlers... I wonder if they don't have any money to spare for heat spray. It really isn't that much, not even for 5 people hell-bent on frying their very long hair.

I've always thought Joy had the best hair, probably because she doesn't have giant fake flowers stuck in it like the younger girls or gallons of gel in it to scrunch it like the older girls. Her hair is also the healthiest-looking for lack of dyeing and frying. I wonder how often the Duggarettes get their hair trimmed.

Yup Jana alright but that poor lass needs treatments on that head and a good 12 inches lobbed off it and regular trims along with her sisters, all well having long hair but it does need looking after says me that had it waist length not so long ago.

• 4 years later...
On 1.8.2012 at 7:26 AM, Kitty said:

Jana's curls in that 2007 photo are not natural, not at all. The curls that Jessa and Jinger have been sporting more recently aren't natural, either. There's a difference between natural curls and 2" iron curls.

Sometimes I really wonder how much the Duggars spend on hair products. JB uses shit-tons of hairspray, Michelle also uses a curling iron and gel/spray, the four oldest girls seem to use a lot of gel, straighteners, and curlers... I wonder if they don't have any money to spare for heat spray. It really isn't that much, not even for 5 people hell-bent on frying their very long hair.

I've always thought Joy had the best hair, probably because she doesn't have giant fake flowers stuck in it like the younger girls or gallons of gel in it to scrunch it like the older girls. Her hair is also the healthiest-looking for lack of dyeing and frying. I wonder how often the Duggarettes get their hair trimmed.

I agree

On 7/31/2012 at 10:52 PM, silverspoons said:
13 minutes ago, Irene said:

I agree

You realize that you unearthed a thread from 2012?

Still relevant, I guess. :pb_lol: They probably do spend an arm and a leg on hair care products. 

Jill had a bottle off "Not Your Mother's" hair care product down in Central America last year (I remember seeing it in one of her instagram photos.) They probably got it at Wal-Fart where its cheaper, but I think its still pricy enough at Wal-Fart that I wouldn't buy it for myself except as an occasional treat. Having said that, buying higher-range-but-still-drugstore haircare is probably one of the least offensive behaviors I've seen from the Duggars, so :nothingtoadd:

On 3/23/2017 at 4:52 PM, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

Jill had a bottle off "Not Your Mother's" hair care product down in Central America last year (I remember seeing it in one of her instagram photos.) They probably got it at Wal-Fart where its cheaper, but I think its still pricy enough at Wal-Fart that I wouldn't buy it for myself except as an occasional treat. Having said that, buying higher-range-but-still-drugstore haircare is probably one of the least offensive behaviors I've seen from the Duggars, so :nothingtoadd:

I wouldn't call it pricey . . . the NYM dry shampoo, their most popular product, is  $5.99 on Ulta's website right now. I've probably paid a around $3 or $4 for it at Target myself. It lasts me several months (not using it daily), and I have very long hair.

Jessas hair may be naturally a little curly but she definitely hit rolls it or has a large barrel wand to get it that style curly.

On 01/08/2012 at 2:08 PM, marmalade said:

Exotic Familiarity: That pic of Jana is definitely a perm. I had the same spiral perm c.1990. It's way too perfect to be natural.

Yes looking at that 2007 photo of Jana my first thought was holy 90's!!

On 7/31/2012 at 9:50 PM, Deleted07 said:

Here's an old pic from 2007:

2%252520Jana.jpg

I think she may have a natural curl to it?

I'm pretty sure that's when she was still constantly perming it. Now she does heat curls. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen her natural hair? 

7 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

I'm pretty sure that's when she was still constantly perming it. Now she does heat curls. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen her natural hair? 

I don't know that we've ever seen Jana's natural haha. Maybe on the occasion that we see her working around the compound or a sister's house and it's in a ponytail....I'm pretty sure her hair is straight. Jessa has naturally curly hair, but not as curly as Jinger's, though idk that we've seen her natural hair either. Jinger has really curly hair, and I think Jill's natural hair is the kinda straggly-wavy look we saw on her in her wedding-planning talking heads...

On 4/10/2017 at 1:11 AM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I don't know that we've ever seen Jana's natural haha. Maybe on the occasion that we see her working around the compound or a sister's house and it's in a ponytail....I'm pretty sure her hair is straight. Jessa has naturally curly hair, but not as curly as Jinger's, though idk that we've seen her natural hair either. Jinger has really curly hair, and I think Jill's natural hair is the kinda straggly-wavy look we saw on her in her wedding-planning talking heads...

I also think if they all cut the dead 6-10 inches off the bottom of their hair, it may be different. I have the god given talent of growing hair faster than other humans, so I donate it every 18 months or so. When it's short (from the chin to right above the shoulders), I have very wavy, unruly hair. When it's long (mid-low back/waistline) it is pin straight. The weight of the long hair weighs itself down and basically pulls itself straight. 

They all need a good haircut and deep conditioning. 

Archived