IGNORED

Which Olympic sports are you watching?

Terrie

Guest Anonymous

Last night I was watching the male gymnasts doing the rings and I was in awe the whole time. Their upper body strength is crazy!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get emotional with the Olympics too. We also get "Thank you, Mom" commercials with the athletes (not sure if that's just a U.S. thing) that make me tear up and feel like I need to call my mom just to say hi and I miss you.

I'm watching on the BBC - that's a public broadcaster so no commercials. But I would cry if I saw those!

We have adverts with the athletes as children and their mums watching from the audience. It's being sponsered by all these household products who are 'proud sponsers of mums' which is slightly sexist but anyway, some of the adverts are cute.

6jN96ZEJxXU

Found this video on another site of the track and field crowd singing along with the Beatles. They didn't quite get the verses but they had the chorus down great! Yay for the spirit of brotherhood :lol:

I check out diving (love it, sp. the 10m tower, unbelievable!), artistic gymnastics (women), track and field, kayak, synchronized swimming. I also liked to watch the swimming competitions during the 1st week; Michael Phelps is an amazing athlete. I don't think I'll see another Olympian win more than 22 medals in my lifetime.

I remember that there used to be women's softball at previous Olympiads; no more this year?

I really enjoy the Olympics. It's great that we now have them every 2 yrs instead of every 4 yrs like it used to be. I enjoy the Winter Games a tiny bit more, but not by much.

Rio in 2016 is gonna be awesome, me thinks. I was happy for Brazil when they got the gig...There is going to be men's rugby-7 plus men-women golf at these Games. The best pro-golfers will be allowed to compete. Gol on tv is boring, but it's great that they added it to the Olympics. I wonder if they have to remove 2 disciplines if they add 2 new ones??

fakepigtails73,

You were wondering what happened to women's softball and men's baseball. There may be more to the story, but 2 sports needed to be eliminated to make room for golf and rugby-7. Why, O, why, couldn't they have eliminated dressage instead? I don't mind show-jumping, but dressage pushe the term "sport" to its limits.

fakepigtails73,

You were wondering what happened to women's softball and men's baseball. There may be more to the story, but 2 sports needed to be eliminated to make room for golf and rugby-7. Why, O, why, couldn't they have eliminated dressage instead? I don't mind show-jumping, but dressage pushe the term "sport" to its limits.

Do you ride? Dressage takes a lot more work than people think. I'm not much for x-sport-is-better-than-y-sport, but I'd rather watch dressage than golf!

Same, but only because I think the horses are cute! :oops:

I'm with you! I don't ride much and I know next to nothing about dressage, but I just wanna pet those adorable little noses! :oops:

fakepigtails73,

thanks for the answer!

I read that the sport that they wanted to remove was the modern pentathlon.

Guest Anonymous

Just watched the 200m final and lovely, lovely, Usain Bolt. I just confirmed to myself just how much I love to shout at my TV screen with a round of 'Run! Run, you stupid motherfucker! Keep running!'.

So Usain did the double....phew.....and I think it's universal for us Bolt fans to scream at the television " Keep Running"....I love how laid back he is, it's part of his charm, but at the same time it drives me mad :D

Good grief that Lolo Jones is annoying

Blubber, blubber, the New York Times was mean to me.

Blubber, blubber, it's hard to be a 30 year old virgin.

Blubber, blubber, my teammates are mad 'cause I'm getting all the attention.

Good grief that Lolo Jones is annoying

Blubber, blubber, the New York Times was mean to me.

Blubber, blubber, it's hard to be a 30 year old virgin.

Blubber, blubber, my teammates are mad 'cause I'm getting all the attention.

She was not good enough. It happens. Nobody gives a shit about her sex-life. She is a whiner and a bad loser.

I can't be the only who wondered if Lolo might've done better if she'd been laid at some point.

fakepigtails73,

I'm rather confused by dressage but they done an explanation on telly. Apparently tiny movements on the part of the rider tell the horse what to do. So you push it slightly with your leg at one angle and the horse is trained to respond. The horse and the rider train together to get rid of mistakes. It actually sounds like a tough discipline...

I'm rather confused by dressage but they done an explanation on telly. Apparently tiny movements on the part of the rider tell the horse what to do. So you push it slightly with your leg at one angle and the horse is trained to respond. The horse and the rider train together to get rid of mistakes. It actually sounds like a tough discipline...

It was quite amazing to watch.

I check out diving (love it, sp. the 10m tower, unbelievable!), artistic gymnastics (women), track and field, kayak, synchronized swimming. I also liked to watch the swimming competitions during the 1st week; Michael Phelps is an amazing athlete. I don't think I'll see another Olympian win more than 22 medals in my lifetime.

I remember that there used to be women's softball at previous Olympiads; no more this year?

I really enjoy the Olympics. It's great that we now have them every 2 yrs instead of every 4 yrs like it used to be. I enjoy the Winter Games a tiny bit more, but not by much.

Rio in 2016 is gonna be awesome, me thinks. I was happy for Brazil when they got the gig...There is going to be men's rugby-7 plus men-women golf at these Games. The best pro-golfers will be allowed to compete. Gol on tv is boring, but it's great that they added it to the Olympics. I wonder if they have to remove 2 disciplines if they add 2 new ones??

I heard that the women's softball was eliminated because the American teams were so good, that the sport was not competitive.

Which sports are in the Olympics also have a lot to do with how many countries participate. No point having a competition with 5 countries in it, with three guarenteed to get medals. I think this was the issue with baseball.

I'll admit that dressage takes a great deal of skill on the part of the rider and horse and the horses are beautiful, but maybe it was just that particular day, but I found it as interesting as watching paint dry. (I haven't had that reaction previously, btw.) I do wish they'd give the horses a medal; they're pretty responsible for the performance. I have ridden a little, but not as much as I'd like.

I am currently watching men's 10 meter platform diving with Tom Daley of the UK leading. It was wonderful to see Caster Semenya take the Silver in the women's 800m race.

Archived