IGNORED

Surprise! The Thinking Housewife hates female athletes

Maggie Mae

She would have loved that I wrestled from the age of about 12 or 13 until I was about 18 or 19, then.

I have also been involved in field hockey, ringette, track, cross country, ballet, gymnastics, softball, swimming. In the past ten years or so I been involved in mountain biking/road cycling, adventure racer, runner, touch football, climbing (though was never particularly good at that!), Bikram yoga-er. These days I mostly run, mountain bike, lift weights, do some yoga, kayak, etc.

I was also in...*gasp*...the army. In a combat position yet! I would say army uniforms are quite modest though.

I have yet to be mistaken for a man. I am not a very "girly girl" (I don't wear pink, don't really like wearing dresses and heels, am pretty low maintenance in respect to my hair, nails and such), but I still don't pretend to be or look like a man either!

You know TH has bitched at women who have workout routines as well. Calling them 'manly' and then she bitches about fat women.

What the hell does she want from women to do? Starve ourselves? So we can be pretty, but not intimindating for the menz

A woman's exercise should come exclusively from chasing her gazillion kids and popping out more. If that isn't enough to keep her thin than clearly she fails as a mother and as a woman and needs to get off her lazy ass./sarcasm

Ugh! I hate the fact she is Catholic!

She would be horrified that my thirteen year old daughter's soccer team played in a boys league. It was a girls team just in a boy's league. She loved playing against the boys. The only bad thing was Dads do NOT like it when their sons get beat by girls :whistle: yikes!

My husband coaches and runs a girls travel soccer club. Not only are the girls he coaches extremely fit, most of them are honer students, and most are girly and feminine off the field. My kids aren't natural athletes, playing soccer has taught them how hard work and effort can make most anything possible.

I wonder if she knows that Megan Rapinoe (in the first picture) is also gay? I'm not a sports fan, but I think the female athletes are awesome. Figures she would hate them, though.

She certainly seems to throw around the word "normal" a lot. Does she realize it doesn't mean "good" or "better" or "right" but just, um, "normal"?

(And as far as that goes, her idea of normal is anything but. I'd say it's just common, but it's not even that. Maybe she needs a dictionary, along with a new copy of the NT with all the parts about judging others highlighted.)

Archived