IGNORED

More Wissman wedding pics

Creaky Mom

Christopher Maxwell was the wedding photographer-and he included the wide legged stance of the groom and groomsmen! They just make it too easy...

To me they seem to be one of the fundie couples thats really into each other.. I hope its not only because of their age and growing desperation to stay single and now beeing happy to have finally found someone, but because they feel really attracted to each other.

edited to add:

I hope poor Christopher Maxwell wasn't too defrauded by Kori W.'s nearly naked legs. :-D

Ugliest bouquet ever...............I'm trying hard to imagine being impressed by those photos, let alone paying for them. Still, unlike so many, they do seem to be really happy and not just making a statement of faith....

Will someone please take Christopher Maxwell's cameras away from him and give them to someone more deserving? How does he get gigs? Is it just because he's cheap?

Will someone please take Christopher Maxwell's cameras away from him and give them to someone more deserving? How does he get gigs? Is it just because he's cheap?

and probably because he is a Maxwell. In some fundie circles the Maxwells have a lot of prestige.

Is it just me or are like, half of these photos not in focus correctly?

I mean, I have just STARTED learning to use my DSLR and I'd never put photos that blurry up on my blog, let alone using them as examples of professional "prowess".

Guest Anonymous
Christopher Maxwell was the wedding photographer-and he included the wide legged stance of the groom and groomsmen! They just make it too easy...

They have to stand wide-legged to accommodate their enormous "sword of the lord"...

The bridesmaids' sandals are completely out of synch with their dresses.

Thank you, those sandals made me cringe. What the hell is up with fundies and footwear? Is it a point of pride to continually wear inappropriate footwear, or just fugly shoes??

Is it just me or are like, half of these photos not in focus correctly?

I mean, I have just STARTED learning to use my DSLR and I'd never put photos that blurry up on my blog, let alone using them as examples of professional "prowess".

That's what I thought...unless it's some photographic style I'm not aware of yet. I'm crap with my DSLR so I can't really criticise, but really....there's just something about those photos that scream bad.

To me they seem to be one of the fundie couples thats really into each other.. I hope its not only because of their age and growing desperation to stay single and now beeing happy to have finally found someone, but because they feel really attracted to each other.

edited to add:

I hope poor Christopher Maxwell wasn't too defrauded by Kori W.'s nearly naked legs. :-D

Ee-ha, not to mention the bare arms and the deep-cut neckline on the shirts in the hair-do photos *and* the pantz on teh wimmenz!!!!! Either Chris has loosened up from his days under Daddy's tutelage or he rushed right home to see NR Anna and we'll be hearing about a little sibling for Joshua within the year. ;)

Handsome groom and pretty bride. Total waste of two tall, lean, seemingly graceful people and an available string quartet at what looked like a reasonably classy reception not to have a dance or two.

I wonder how the grandmas feel about this. The one looks reasonably alert, well dressed and fit. Unless she was raised in a denomination that forbids dancing and liquor, she'd have to find it unreasonable that there is no dancing, no wine (even) and that the couple are having their first kiss in front of a couple hundred people.

It's been theorized before that this whole movement won't last much past the genertaion that's now marrying and birthing babies, and that it really only gained steam with my own generation, among boomers whose "counter cultural" impulses turned away from their own parents' divorces and casual religion to patriarchy & uberreligious dominionism. I sure hope that's true. A Christian version of Sharia law is no better than an Islamic or Judaic one. JMHO, of course.

Compared to some of the other weddings Christopher photographed, the Wissman wedding is quite pretty. The wedding photos were...well, Christopher has his style. He doesn't get that many jobs but he's cheap. Plus, he has the gimmick of being a fundie so probably also popular with other fundies. I also figure Christopher trolls for customers when his family goes on their road trips. I find many of the fundie weddings ok, not horrible, just "on the budget". They tend to invite a huge party so I can see why they would want to save money where they can (i.e photographers, food etc).

Archived