IGNORED

Stinking Fishwife on Sally Ride

Sumeri

If a woman's only motivation for going into the NASA program is to meet a man than why bother. there are many easier ways to meet a man than joining the space program.

Sally Ride may not have passed on her love of space to a child or grandchild but she did pass it on to thousands of other children. She helped girls realize that they could succeed in science and math. Women in general have made some huge contributions to science, math and medicine.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Oh yes! If only Sally Ride had never gone to space, then she could have married a nice man and supported him while he... went to space?! And she could have inspired her children so that they could one day... go to space?!

The problem is not that the logic is head-spinning, it's that the logic is lacking completely.

riffles

Oh yes! If only Sally Ride had never gone to space, then she could have married a nice man and supported him while he... went to space?! And she could have inspired her children so that they could one day... go to space?!

The problem not that the logic is head-spinning, it's that the logic is lacking completely.

QFT!

I want to know where are all of these great fundie men that woman are supposed to manufacture??? sure haven ot seen hide nor hair of them.

I want to know where are all of these great fundie men that woman are supposed to manufacture??? sure haven ot seen hide nor hair of them.

They are busytaking dominion playing dress up and having manly romps with Doug Phillips. Who is a tool.

This probably makes me a bad person but I just can't help giggling at the idea of getting a PhD in the hard sciences, then going through the rigorous selection and training process needed to be an astronaut... in order to meet men. Batting your eyes at them across the aisle of the vomit comet. It makes the bar scene sound positively delightful.

Seriously, though, urgh. The sentiments in this article are why I am glad to be alive in this place in this time. I can use my brain myself rather than hoping someday I'll give birth to a son who will inherit my intelligence.

They are busytaking dominion playing dress up and having manly romps with Doug Phillips. Who is a tool.

Maybe that will be Dougie's next "manly romp"- SPACE! Since the uniforms are neither frilly or fashionable, I somehow doubt it. Oh, and it takes actual education, not the SOTDRT, to accomplish something like that.

It's a good thing Sally Ride did as she chose to do and didn't and doesn't give a flip what fucked up people think of her life and her choices.

I really like Sally Ride. I'm trying to hunt it down again, but a while ago I found a list of ridiculous questions that she was asked by members of the general public, along with her snarky answers. I found these two:

Q: “Will the flight affect your reproductive organs?â€

A: “There’s no evidence of that.â€

Q: “Do you weep when things go wrong on the job?â€

A: “How come nobody ever asks (a male fellow astronaut) those questions?â€

*squints*

That doesn't even make any SENSE. I'm trying to wrap my mind around what she's trying to say, but I can't even manage to figure it out long enough to argue against it. Each individual word makes sense, but the worldview is totally alien.

Are we sure she's NOT an alien? Say, one engaged in a hugely pointless social experiment on us puny humans?

I freaking agree!

Talk about putting 'spin' on any current news story just to suit your own agenda, its such a bizarre thing to do.

I would argue that the always 'spinning' every news story into your warped worldview to justify everything you are doing and believe, equals to a sad pathetic human being, indeed.

Ugh. Here we go.

1. Sally Ride was married to a man who was also an astronaut. His dreams were not squelched by hers.

2. We have no idea why Sally Ride never had children. Since other female astronauts have had children and plenty of lesbian women have had children, neither of these things look to be the reason. (It turns out sperm is really easy to obtain. A functional and able uterus is less so.)

3. It is not a dreary day in a control cabin if you really love being an astronaut.

4. How on earth does the lousewife know what other thrills Sally Ride experienced besides being an astronaut? Going into space is thrill few get to experience.

Sally Ride had a life too short. I for one take comfort in the fact that she inspired so many to look to the stars, she sent a message to every little girl that being female meant that you can realize your dreams, and that in her short life, she got to fly into space. If there is any part of our existence that remains after we are gone, I hope that Sally is flying free now.

I submitted her entire rant to FSTD things, they are usually good about paying attention to anti-woman material,

It should be noted that Sally Ride wrote several children's books about space she probably did get many children intersted in space.

The only thing the Stinking Lousewife will inspire children to do is burn a cross on someone's lawn or beat up someone for being gay. She is positively contemptible.

Okay, which one of you is L. Gibbs?

L. Gibbs writes:

First of all get your facts straight. Sally Ride was married to Steven Hawley and he did go into space. Also, as far as your comment “She never looked up at the stars with her own children and encouraged their wonder. She did not pass on her love of space to a son or daughter or grandchildâ€, she did look up at the stars with thousands of children and encouraged their wonder. My own daughter was privileged to that experience. She passed on her love of space to limitless young people (and they will pass it on to their children/grandchildren), which is way more than just a few children or grandchildren of her own. Women’s lives do not have to be centered around a man for them to find fulfillment.

I read that comment in Leroy Jethro Gibb's voice. It makes it even better.

Me too!!!

Are we sure she's NOT an alien? Say, one engaged in a hugely pointless social experiment on us puny humans?

Mice-MotivationalPoster.jpg

"The only good reason for a normal woman to go through the grueling rigors of becoming an astronaut is that NASA is a great place to meet men. Ride’s life, however, does not even offer that slim hope to little girls, that wonderful compensation for dreary days in a control cabin. Ride flew into space but never experienced other thrills that are as great or far greater. She never gave a man such necessary and life-sustaining love that he was able to do great things, such as fly into space. She never looked up at the stars with her own children and encouraged their wonder. She did not pass on her love of space to a son or daughter or grandchild."

She's a miserable woman, isn't she?

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/201 ... ally-ride/

What in the name of Christ is wrong with this fruitcake? Sally Ride failed at life and kept other men from being strong enough to become astronauts?

And, whoever this freak of nature is, I'd like to say this: Sally Ride came to my kindergarten class, and thousands of others. She inspired tens of thousands of little girls, all over the world, saying that being a girl could not stop you from being whoever or whatever you dreamed to be, even to dance among the stars. She passed on her love of space and exploration and courage to all of the world.

This little girl right here grew up to have a passion for science, for the earth, for museums and learning, and is one year away from holding a law degree, something that her own mother never would have dreamed.

I feel so damn sorry for women like that who have to marry men who are weak minded and stupid and helpless that they can't do anything "without life sustaining love".

I say thanks to Sally, and Godspeed on your journey farther into the Heavens.

This probably makes me a bad person but I just can't help giggling at the idea of getting a PhD in the hard sciences, then going through the rigorous selection and training process needed to be an astronaut... in order to meet men. Batting your eyes at them across the aisle of the vomit comet. It makes the bar scene sound positively delightful.

Seriously, though, urgh. The sentiments in this article are why I am glad to be alive in this place in this time. I can use my brain myself rather than hoping someday I'll give birth to a son who will inherit my intelligence.

Why didn't you tell me this before I started grad school, damn it?!

I guess the Stinking Lousewife thinks all women are like Anna Duggar and will meet their headships at a snackbar as the guy indulges in his #1 pastime, and it ain't women.

Sally Ride was an inspiration to my generation. RIP.

Where's that whack on the back of the fishwife's head when you need it?

And, whoever this freak of nature is, I'd like to say this: Sally Ride came to my kindergarten class, and thousands of others. She inspired tens of thousands of little girls, all over the world, saying that being a girl could not stop you from being whoever or whatever you dreamed to be, even to dance among the stars. She passed on her love of space and exploration and courage to all of the world.

This right here.

How the fuck is leaving the earth and exploring space "failing at life?"

I almost got teary eyed when I learned she and her partner were together for 27 years. Most het couples can't top that.

It seriously looks like that mouse is trying to mate with the planet...

Very Douglas Adams of y'all. :lol:

Archived