IGNORED

This is what creepy looks like: Covenant Wedding

Koala

Another blog post that I can't un-see. Completely icky and squicky. I'm going to have to scrub my brain with lye soap.

On another note, that juice fasting sounds so unhealthy. And she says she wants to keep doing it, while only adding salads and steamed veggies? I guess fundie bodies are so speshul they don't need protein. :roll:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy SHIT!!!!! I am a conservative practicing Catholic and debated weather I belonged on this site or not, how important to respect other people's faith ECT. This disgusts me to my core!!!!! All these blogs are so eye opening to me. This is abuse, like this girl really had a choice.

give these girls real educations and opportunities, teach them actual job skills, then let them choose purity pledges. It would mean so much more of a spiritual meaning than just not having any choices in life. I never considered myself a feminist, but the more I read these things the more I am leaning in that direction.

Holy SHIT!!!!! I am a conservative practicing Catholic and debated weather I belonged on this site or not, how important to respect other people's faith ECT. This disgusts me to my core!!!!! All these blogs are so eye opening to me. This is abuse, like this girl really had a choice.

give these girls real educations and opportunities, teach them actual job skills, then let them choose purity pledges. It would mean so much more of a spiritual meaning than just not having any choices in life. I never considered myself a feminist, but the more I read these things the more I am leaning in that direction.

Stick around, we'll help you lean a lot more. ;)

Ok, I got almost 3/4 of the way through the photos before realizing it wasn't a wedding. Creepy. I thought the dad was officiating, then I started reading instead of skimming. Eww.

Ok, I got almost 3/4 of the way through the photos before realizing it wasn't a wedding. Creepy. I thought the dad was officiating, then I started reading instead of skimming. Eww.

You did better than me... I got all the way through, thinking "where's the groom?" before I decided to take the leap and read what was going on.

Somebody PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who thinks the "umbrella" ring looks a whole lot like a knock-off Batman ring?

(and I know i can't be the only one wondering WHY anyone would put up with 60 days of juice if that look is the only payoff for all that trouble :whistle: )

I really want to comment on this, but I don't seem to have any words to describe my feelings so I'll just leave it like this

:shock: :?: :? :!:

Odd that the older daughters got away with just having their purity paraded out in a more private "dinner with pastor" setting--I can't help wondering why this one has to put up with the mock wedding? Hope it's just escalating fundieness and not something much creepier.

http://treasuresfromashoebox.blogspot.c ... tship.html

Interestingly, sounds like they all get Batman rings at these things.

Thats just so creepy and bizarre.... I wonder if the Duggars are going to start doing that shit on the TV show!?!

Guest Anonymous

A few comments...

1. Eww, just eww

2. So when is the ceremony for the boys?

3. I think they have maxed out their "sin in camp" levels but stay tuned

4. Which one of you posted the comment about the Maxwell and Botkins?

5. Again, eww

So creepy! The only thing that's missing is the consummation. And wow, that key and heart symbol is extremely suggestive. Somehow I doubt that boys are pledging their virginity to their mothers or even to their fathers, who are still supposed to approve of the woman they court and marry.

Stick around, we'll help you lean a lot more. ;)

You're much more generous than I am. I don't agree with anyone who buys into the purity myth in general, and is perfectly willing to go through with these ridiculous pledges as long as the girl chooses for herself that sex is a horrible dirty thing that should be reserved for her husband. But I'll try to play nice if you really think this one can be educated.

I've always wondered how these father's know the will of God. if they believe that God is matching their child up with the perfect mate then what would they do if God's match was completely different than what they'd choose. Or does that line of thinking never enter their brain.

I never considered myself a feminist, but the more I read these things the more I am leaning in that direction.

Feminism is about women having rights that are equal to those of men. Why wouldn't you consider yourself a feminist?

Always blows my mind when people say "feminist" like it's a bad word.

That ceremony was actually classier than some of the fundie weddings we've seen! Proof that guarding the hymen is way more important than eventually selling it.

Your insight is awesome. I bow before you.

I've always wondered how these father's know the will of God. if they believe that God is matching their child up with the perfect mate then what would they do if God's match was completely different than what they'd choose. Or does that line of thinking never enter their brain.

God's match would be different? But they prayed on it! :shock:

Tsk tsk, that's Satan talking right here!

You're much more generous than I am. I don't agree with anyone who buys into the purity myth in general, and is perfectly willing to go through with these ridiculous pledges as long as the girl chooses for herself that sex is a horrible dirty thing that should be reserved for her husband. But I'll try to play nice if you really think this one can be educated.

Just an FYI, not all girls who personally choose to take a purity pledge do so because they think sex is dirty. I've know people who made the choice because they think sex is too special to share with someone they aren't planning on spending the rest of their life with.

A chuppah? :?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuppah

Oh, and food in a heart-shaped dish. :roll:

Just two more disgusting touches.

That ring is really ugly and suggestive -- more like "I'll hold an umbrella over you and watch while you Do It" than "I'll protect you."

Knowing how the fundies think about the Umbrella of Protection has lent a whole new slant to Travelers' Insurance ads, for me. :lol:

Feminism is about women having rights that are equal to those of men. Why wouldn't you consider yourself a feminist?

Boom. Got it in one.

Here's the definition I use in class- definition of feminism/ feminist is " Feminism is a movement to end sexism, sexist exploitation, and oppression." It's from bell hooks' Feminism is for Everyone.

QFT. Also agreeing with Haligh The Liar just above me.

Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

Purity pledges just squick me out - if someone believes that waiting for marriage is best, that's fine. I don't agree but everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's the publicity/shame factor that bothers me.

Archived