IGNORED

Lori Alexander: Spokesperson for moms

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/

If you are a young mother raising children, I would like to encourage you not to share all of your convictions with others. If you have convictions like not immunizing your children, allowing God to bless you with many children, not using birth control, or spanking them, keep quiet about it.

Let older women, like me, who has raised all of her children speak out on these issues. They can't take my children away from me. They are all joyful adults walking with Jesus.

:roll:

Funny, in light of the fact that Lori is putting tons of info out there about her sons (horrific) parenting methods. Call me crazy, but I think Lori just wants to shut everyone that's not her up.

Ps. They don't take your kids away if you aren't abusing them.

I don't read Lori, but that first paragraph you quoted sounds really "woe is me" drama queen-y. I think it's a roundabout way of saying LOOK HOW PERSECUTED WE ARE!!1

ETA It's a shame she's spreading that kind of misinformation about CPS - she's probably got a bunch of isolated fundie mothers scared even more shitless than they already were. Now they'll be too afraid of the state to ask for help should they ever need it, though come to think of it, that may be the point.

Sage advice indeed! Moreover, if you keep your children locked in cages at night to prevent their escape – and let us be honest, here; doing so is best for all concerned – then show some prudence and keep silent about this whenever you're around people less pious and wise than yourself.

Some people make the mistake of believing children are a blessing, without recognizing them for the selfish, half-mad creatures they really are. Only brutalizing them can break their evil natures and prepare them for a life of service as a soldier in God's army.

Her fan girls are as crazy as shit:

From the peanut gallery:

I actually laid in bed about 3 nights ago, thinking about this very thing. Wondering what will happen if (when) we aren't just laughing stock for our beliefs, but are persecuted. I laid there thinking about how strongly I believe what I do, and how nothing could persuade me otherwise. Then, I had a dream of standing in a line, with my children on either side of me holding my hands. My husband was next to one of my children. We watched as they went down the line, asking parents if they believed in God. One by one, the parents said yes, and were shot, but the children were left. In my dream, I remember trying to decide if I could leave my children. My husband actually woke me up from the dream because I was crying so loudly I woke him. I pray this isn't something we actually face!
:shock:

I agree with Cindy and I appreciate this post. I am an older Mom with two grown girls and two grandkids, but I also have a four-year old and boy have times changed. I am so surprised how many Christian moms who are not on the same page with just about everything as myself. What do I do when my little girl yells out she doesn't want a spanking if she's misbehaving while out shopping? I just give her that look and she knows, but I wish she wouldn't announce it. I hate to admit I get embarrased.......

Umm, maybe you're getting embarrassed because you know that hitting a 4 year old is the wrong damn thing to do and you don't want her to "announce it" because you're afraid others will find out that you're abusive? Just a guess...

The only people that admire Lori's bullshit convictions are fundie or evangelical types. I know several mainstream Christian moms who are in their 20s and 30s that would be disgusted by some of the shit Lori talks about on her blog.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/

:roll:

Funny, in light of the fact that Lori is putting tons of info out there about her sons (horrific) parenting methods. Call me crazy, but I think Lori just wants to shut everyone that's not her up.

Ps. They don't take your kids away if you aren't abusing them.

I kind of laugh about how Lori talks about her son's parenting methods and how she constantly praises people like Michael Pearl, I think some of the stuff she blogs about will bite her in the ass someday.

Archived