IGNORED

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

slickcat79

Oh boy....sigh....am watching this now....well, they're not the brightest people but they do seem like good people ("go go" juice notwithstanding). Doing the Christmas in July for charity was nice. Too bad they took the pig away.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend just insisted I watch this - and she cannot stand Real Housewives nor Mob Wives. Go figure.

They do seem to love each other, but to me, they're not fun to watch. LOL -- probably hit too close to home!

Am I the only one who thought of that old Tone Loc song? "I need $50 to make you holla, I get paid to do the wild thing"

No, you aren't the only one who thought it... I had it rambling around in my head for days after I 1st saw it!

Oh boy....sigh....am watching this now....well, they're not the brightest people but they do seem like good people ("go go" juice notwithstanding). Doing the Christmas in July for charity was nice. Too bad they took the pig away.

I was wondering when they were going to take the pig away, after the crapping on the table and the "it's hard to take care of" (paraphrasing here) bit at the end of an episode.

It seems like that was last weeks episode, and that was uploaded to the YT account I watch it from just a couple days ago, so it seems I'm going to have to wait a while to watch this one :(

Did she have the baby? Does it have a name like Snickers or Horseradish or Asiatic Black Bear? Assuming they keep up family traditions.

What causes someone to be born with an extra thumb? Is it generally left as is, or removed?

I don't know about thumbs but my niece was born with two little toes on her right foot. They removed the extra one.

Yes. It's a mixture of red bull and mountain dew. They switched to "go-go juice" because they used to feed her dozens of pixy stix at a time and they did nothing for her energy level :shock:

Why?

Not in the greater "Oh god why? Why?" sense but why do they want to ramp a child up like that? Does it have something to do with being in the pageant or what?"

Why?

Not in the greater "Oh god why? Why?" sense but why do they want to ramp a child up like that? Does it have something to do with being in the pageant or what?"

Yes, it's supposed to be for pageants. I'm guessing it's similar to the way that some adults who have problems speaking in front of crowds might use alcohol as "liquid courage" to get through it. In pageants it's important to have ENERGY and always be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY because the judges want to see kids who look like they enjoy being there. You also have to do a lot of OTT facial expressions and silly dance/modeling moves, which is sometimes easier for kids who have had their energy levels artificially stimulated.

Yes, it's supposed to be for pageants. I'm guessing it's similar to the way that some adults who have problems speaking in front of crowds might use alcohol as "liquid courage" to get through it. In pageants it's important to have ENERGY and always be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY because the judges want to see kids who look like they enjoy being there. You also have to do a lot of OTT facial expressions and silly dance/modeling moves, which is sometimes easier for kids who have had their energy levels artificially stimulated.

As honey boo boo puts it "My special juice is gonna help me winnnnnn"

I swear if they take the pig away from that poor girl I'm going to be upset. I can't stand people who take on animals without realizing the needed work and responsibility only to neglect or get rid of them down the road.

Hi everyone. I just found this site this week and couldn't wait to join. They did take the pig back where it came from. Honey BB was of course upset that Glitzy had to go.

Today I learned that Mama is 32, Dad is 40, and the oldest of the four girls (who "Honey Boo Boo" calls "the pregnant-est" of her three sisters) is 17. So Daddy impregnated Mama when he was 23 and she was 15.

:doh: Teenaged parenthood and statutory rape? Who'da thunk? I've only seen previews (refuse to watch) but seriously. If you've got enough money to buy Boo Brat all those outfits, you can invest in some REAL FOOD! I look younger than either Mom or Dad (at 49), and no doubt diet has a lot to do with it.

:doh: Teenaged parenthood and statutory rape? Who'da thunk? I've only seen previews (refuse to watch) but seriously. If you've got enough money to buy Boo Brat all those outfits, you can invest in some REAL FOOD! I look younger than either Mom or Dad (at 49), and no doubt diet has a lot to do with it.

But I think there's 3 dads for the girls... are you sure it is the oldest daughter's dad?

But I think there's 3 dads for the girls... are you sure it is the oldest daughter's dad?

Sugar Bear is Honey Boo Boo's dad, they both have the last name Thompson. Honey BB's sisters (Chickadee, Chubbs, and Pumpkin) have the same last name as their Mama, Shannon, and likely are not Sugar Bear's kids.

Their (poor) food choices may have more to do with (a lack of) education, habit and time/skill- not necessarily money.

And, it could very well be that the Dad is willing to spend money on his biological child(and wife's desires), but is less than thrilled to spend money on healthy food (that he probably doesn't like) for all the family.

I present this information without comment:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2012/ ... amily.html

June is the highest paid at $4K per episode and each of the kids and Sugar Bear make $2K an episode. A location fee of $2K per episode is also paid. So, if you add up the salaries of everyone and the location fee, the family makes $16K an episode for 10 episodes which is $160K for the ten episode season. When there is a next season, that number will probably at least double and should triple.

Their (poor) food choices may have more to do with (a lack of) education, habit and time/skill- not necessarily money.

And, it could very well be that the Dad is willing to spend money on his biological child(and wife's desires), but is less than thrilled to spend money on healthy food (that he probably doesn't like) for all the family.

Sugar Bear is only Honey Boo Boo's father. Just saying. :?

Ok, I'm sending myself to the prayer closet now because....I have actually watched a couple of episodes. Of course I'm losing brain cells, but there is a sort of odd charm about the way that they never seem to get embarrassed. Mama sort of reminds me of Roseanne before she became rich and famous, x1000.

Sugar Bear is only Honey Boo Boo's father. Just saying. :?

Got that. Yay that there was probably no statutory rape (unless the guy who got a 15-yo pregnant was also an adult). But the rest? Still a trainwreck. (Oh, goody, parents deliberately pump their kid full of caffeine and sugar so that she can "win," and put the rest of their family on display so that all can be objects of ridicule. :roll: ) No thanks. I wish TLC would get a clue.

I really don't think they're all that awful. I think "Mama June" is definitely playing up the hick factor for TV - and for money to improve her life.

"Sugar Bear" seems to love and provide for all four girls, and they seem to love him back.

They all seem to love Anna unconditionally and help her even though she's going to be a teen mom.

They seem to have a clean, comfortable house with toys/amenities for the kids.

"Mama June" seems to have provided decently for four daughters despite a disability caused by a work accident (the "forklift foot") and despite having her first daughter at 15 years old.

Now, they're definitely not the Cleaver family... not even close... but I'd rather have Honey Boo Boo's family than the Bates or the Duggars.

Archived