IGNORED

Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

slickcat79

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? Why?! WHYYYY?!!!

Because the train-wreck factor brings in the ratings.

Because the train-wreck factor brings in the ratings.

Yep. People also love to feel better about themselves by pointing to the TV and saying "well, at least I'm better than THAT".

Do the Duggars and Bates look around at the other shows on TLC long enough to realize that it's not a network dedicated to "family values", but to freak shows?

Do the Duggars and Bates look around at the other shows on TLC long enough to realize that it's not a network dedicated to "family values", but to freak shows?

That would involve watchig the ebil television. I can only hope one of the Jslaves can access it online.

I can't help it. I find this child to be extremely obnoxious and not at all cute.

You and the rest of the world.

I wonder if this family can see how they are just being taken advantage of, and turned into a sideshow. (Although admittedly, they've done that to themselves...)

There's not going to be anything positive that will come out of this, while I agree the way they act makes them prime snark material, and in a way I feel they deserve what they get. One has to realize this is centered around a child! Someone who has to grow up into a teen and onto adulthood, with all this crap now televised as her past!

How is all this crap going to look when shes 18 or 20 trying to make it in the real world? Especially in this day and age where the Internet never forgets!... Its just bound to be damaging on so many levels!

Did anyone see them on Anderson? He made the mother wear a glitz dress. It was fucking fantastic. I'll probably watch the first episode, not going to lie. Is Honey Boo Boo the child's real name? I hope to God it isn't.

Quick admission. I did laugh at the one girl arguing with her dad? uncle? about if they were rednecks and insisting they weren't, because they "have all [their] teeth."

After seeing the ad for it, I thanked God, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, Thor, Freya, SG-1, and the whole Star Trek Franchise (excluding Enterprise) that my hand can use a remote.

Did anyone see them on Anderson? He made the mother wear a glitz dress. It was fucking fantastic. I'll probably watch the first episode, not going to lie. Is Honey Boo Boo the child's real name? I hope to God it isn't.

No, her name is Alana. But apparently her dad goes by Sugar Bear, so who really knows? :?

I saw another video clip describing the show, and the host claimed that Alana's 17-year-old sister (Chickadee!) is actually pregnant, so you get that bonus fame-whore factor as well. Said host also described the show as "the worst moment in American culture"...and I have to agree.

How is all this crap going to look when shes 18 or 20 trying to make it in the real world? Especially in this day and age where the Internet never forgets!... Its just bound to be damaging on so many levels!

THIS.

I think it's bad enough when they have prison or therapy based shows with minors in them (especially when they don't blur our their faces) but at least there could be the guise of "it's educational!" or - hopefully - the knowledge that they have/had mental health things going on, instead of just OMG/LOL/WTF

That show sounds like the most ignorant piece of trash show out there. It makes me feel sorry for the child.

I know people like this, make no mistake... I live in MS, and there are pure rednecks around these parts, some are my family! Haha! But I don't want to see it on tv. They are exploiting that child, and that pisses me off.

Isn't Honey Boo Boo the kid whose mom feeds her "go-go juice"?

Yes. It's a mixture of red bull and mountain dew. They switched to "go-go juice" because they used to feed her dozens of pixy stix at a time and they did nothing for her energy level :shock:

wgB2CQxRvps

They call it "energy drink" and "caffeine drink" because they're not allowed to give the brand names without sponsorship agreements, but you can tell what it is by looking at the packaging. Definitely red bull and some form of citrus soda...mountain dew, mello yello, maybe vault.

Dear God. Child sacrifice is alive and well in wherever-the-fuck-this-is.

I saw her episode of T&T and good god, that was one of the biggest trainwrecks I've seen on that show and that's saying something.

I need to bring a camera to the next family get together so I can make lots of money off of the backwoods in-laws my family lampoons. And no one would see me because I would be holding the camera (except my feet). The foregoing is such an idiotic, exploitive, bound-to-tear-a-family-apart idea that TLC is bound to go for it.

That's what I feel will happen to Alana and her family, as it has so many TLC families. While there isn't enough evidence of what happens to the kids on TLC reality shows when they grow up, I think I can make an educated guess as to their fates and that saddens me. For the love of money (and power and fame) is the root of all evil.

"Show me that dolla to make me holla!"

Wow. :x

I didn't know what she was saying. I thought she said, "Madonna makes me holla." Now it makes more sense. Wow.

wgB2CQxRvps

They call it "energy drink" and "caffeine drink" because they're not allowed to give the brand names without sponsorship agreements, but you can tell what it is by looking at the packaging. Definitely red bull and some form of citrus soda...mountain dew, mello yello, maybe vault.

Judging by the shape of the bottle, it was Mountain Dew. Vault and Mello Yello bottles are very different shapes, and I don't think Vault is even sold anymore :? I haven't seen it anywhere for a long time, I miss that stuff. :(

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if later on, the T&T girls will be on much stronger stimulants as teens. You do develop a tolerance to caffeine and other stimulants over time; if they're chugging them down at 6 they'll probably be on some really strong and possibly illegal shit at 16.

Aye, she's like kids from round here. It's not appalling.

She's a bit cheeky but her mum shows her a lot of love.

Yes. It's a mixture of red bull and mountain dew. They switched to "go-go juice" because they used to feed her dozens of pixy stix at a time and they did nothing for her energy level :shock:

What what what??? :shock:

This is for reals?

I don't watch this show, so Idk anything about these people... ::goes off to Google::

OH DEAR LORD IN HEAVEN AND FRIED CHEESE STICKS... The pictures... I can't. I don't even want to read any articles because I'm already scared.

Archived