IGNORED

Munck's Family Business

0 kids n not countin

http://greatdoggiedoos.blogspot.com/

Wow, didn't know you can make enough money doing this to support a large family, guess I was wrong. Then again I'm so not a dog person, so what would I know about it. At least it isn't "the usual" (imo) type of business for the fundie headship.

They also list the homeschooling resources they use:

http://muncksquiverhomeschooling.blogspot.com/

On the list is Titus 2, and College Minus. :roll:

On the list is Titus 2, and College Minus. :roll:

Don't need much more than that if you are washing dogs and squeezing anal glands.

Looks like a good business. It is apparent they do love their dogs. I looked through the pictures and saw Elizabeth's sisters Amanada and Rebekah in pics, as well as her brothers Madison and James, but none of Elizabeth. Perhaps, as the eldest daughter, Elizabeth had to stay in the house and cook, clean and homeschool her siblings. It could also be that she was the photographer and blog writer...

Anyway, I liked the looks of their doggy daycare and the care given to the dogs.

Oh, they do obedience training and grooming. From the blog title I thought he went around scooping up dog poop for other people. :lol:

It says Rosetta Stone -- do they speak any other languages?

Also, what is with the Down Syndrome agencies? Do they have a downs child?

It says Rosetta Stone -- do they speak any other languages?

Also, what is with the Down Syndrome agencies? Do they have a downs child?

Yes Jonathan, the fifth child.

Fundies actually treating animals correctly? I, for one, am shocked.

Also, there is good money in dog grooming and boarding. A former friend of mine is a dog groomer and she makes about $36000 a year working for a local pet supply store.

Also, there is good money in dog grooming and boarding. A former friend of mine is a dog groomer and she makes about $36000 a year working for a local pet supply store.

Hopefully, the Muncks makes more than $36k with such a large family! I was also surprised they can support a large family on that business, but you never know how much money a business can generate. I've known friends whose family fortune was made on funeral homes and other unlikely sources. Plus, it looks like the kids help which keeps some cost down. I think the Muncks are typical fundies, maybe even fundie-lite. Maybe like Melanie's family. It's too bad they are marrying their daughter into such a closeted family like the Maxwells. Maybe Elizabeth can curve out her own space and not fall too deep into the rabbit hole. Melanie managed to retain her sense of style, and her kids look like typical goofy children. There's hope that once the Maxwell kids leave home, they can aspire to a semi-normal life.

There's always an odd man out! FWIW I think that fundy families don't intentionally treat their animals badly. I would guess that they intend to care for the animals well, but aren't realistic about it. The animals get pushed aside as the needs of the kids and the exhaustion of the mothers and sistermoms mounts as well as when the financial issues increase.

I agree, it's a good business. I have friends who pay 10-40 dollars a day to have their dogs walked. And a family friend's daughter seems to make a great living as a dog sitter/trainer. She seems to have no issue going on trips with her kids and living a relatively nice life. Her ex is a dead beat so I doubt she's getting much child support or alimony.

I wonder if Elizabeth might not make a few bucks on the side when she's living on the Maxwell compound as a dog sitter or groomer or something. I wonder if she'd even be allowed to do that.... who am I kidding. These are the Maxwells!

Would dogs be idols too?!

Would dogs be idols too?!

Well, unless Steve turns into a dog...I would say yes.

Would she be allowed to have a dog? I guess she could use the companionship!

The Maxwells had a dog who has since died. I think they also kept a gerbil or some other small creature. I think Elizabeth and Joseph will probably get a dog given both have had dogs in their lives.

Hopefully, the Muncks makes more than $36k with such a large family! I was also surprised they can support a large family on that business, but you never know how much money a business can generate. I've known friends whose family fortune was made on funeral homes and other unlikely sources. Plus, it looks like the kids help which keeps some cost down. I think the Muncks are typical fundies, maybe even fundie-lite. Maybe like Melanie's family. It's too bad they are marrying their daughter into such a closeted family like the Maxwells. Maybe Elizabeth can curve out her own space and not fall too deep into the rabbit hole. Melanie managed to retain her sense of style, and her kids look like typical goofy children. There's hope that once the Maxwell kids leave home, they can aspire to a semi-normal life.

I think it possible that Muncks could be making good money off that business. I have looked some of the Muncks earlier blog postings and they were a bit on the fundie lite scale, but it seems they have become more hardcore over the years. I think the Muncks will likely breathe some sigh of relief that after Elizabeth marries. One less person for them to support. I predict that the second daughter Amanda will be married off in the next two years. Maybe they will arrange another Maxwell courtship with either John or Jesse.

The Maxwells had a dog who has since died. I think they also kept a gerbil or some other small creature. I think Elizabeth and Joseph will probably get a dog given both have had dogs in their lives.

Doesn't Steve raise Guinea Pigs? Wouldn't they be an idol?

Archived