IGNORED

Tattoo's = Satanic & Heathen!

Deleted07

This is an article I came across, recapping some question and answer show from a Christian Broadcast Nework by some guy called Pat Robertson, I don't think I know of this guy, maybe you others can fill me in if he is well known?

goddiscussion.com/98837/tattoos-are-the-marks-of-people-involved-in-satanic-heathen-practices-says-pat-robertson/

"Leviticus warns against marking our bodies and the tattoos, they invariably had to do with some heathen ritual that would be a symbol of some god, you know, the Satanic thing. I just don't think people should mark their bodies and yes, I think it's a violation of God's law. We are not under the law but at the same time, there is a substrata of law that applies all the way through and I think that the idea of defaming and marking your body, you know …"

it's heathen," Robertson argued. "It is direct involved in heathenism. I mean, these are the marks of people involved in Satanic, heathen practices." As to Christian symbols, he says to do it in paint so you can wipe it off.

So, hands up who's going to Hell for being Tattoo'd?

smiley-raised-hand1.gif

I imagine I was already going to hell, tattoos or no. But I can hang out with the 'elegantly embellished' crowd when I get there!

Oh Pat Robertson is well known for CBN and the 700 hundred club his ministry is based out of the Virginia Beach area. He also founded Regent University, several political activist groups and charities and even ran for president back in the 80's.

Pat Robertson is kind of a has-been now, but he was one of the original fundie founding fathers (although not as fundie as the Quiverfullers).

I personally do not like tattoos. I don't want one. I don't find them attractive on other people. But if that's what they want to do to their body, that's their own business.

I don't have any tatoos but Pat Robertson saying I shouldn't almost makes me want to go and get a few. He'd probably yell "Liar, liar, pants on fire! if anyone informed him that both Coptic Orthodox Christians and Lebanese Marionites have a tradition of tatooing Christian symbols on their bodies.

I don't have a tattoo but when I'm more in funds I'm going to get one. I want "NO WAR BUT THE CLASS WAR" along my left arm. :twisted:

Tattoos aren't satanic even re the Biblical laws unless used for specific purposes. Having a tattoo you got when your mum died saying "MUMMY" with a big heart is dodgier, Biblically speaking, than one of a naked lady getting friendly with a snake.

Is Pat Robertson still alive?

I don't have tattoos. I always thought I'd like one but I could never settle on a design and then as time went on I liked being unique by not having one. I like some that I have seen on others though.

Always surprising what they're making out of this innocent little verse:

Leviticus 19:28 28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Can't they read in context? Don't they see this refers to an ancient practice of mourning where you cut yourself during it and that this is completely different from a tattoo?!

Well, If I wasn't going to hell before, by my 21st birthday I will!

I'm getting my first tattoo in a month :D Dragonfly on my shoulder <3

SO Who wants to hang out with me when we get to hell? I'll bring the pepsi!

Always surprising what they're making out of this innocent little verse:

Leviticus 19:28 28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Can't they read in context? Don't they see this refers to an ancient practice of mourning where you cut yourself during it and that this is completely different from a tattoo?!

It's not only their interpretation: the nor print part doesn't refer to the mourning custom in Jewish interpretation, that strictly forbids tattoos. That said, I love it how they continue to pick and choose verses from Leviticus to fit their agenda: tattoos are bad, gays to be stoned. But then I'm sure they still eat shrimp and work on Saturdays.

I have 4 tattoos and I'm Jewish. I look at old laws like that and try to think like they did, or about the health concerns that would have been involved. The way that tattoos were done in ancient times were not sanitary, to say the least. Really, common sense would tell you not to rub ash into designs carved into your skin. I don't consider tats to be a sin (I also only think of things that hurt people as bad, I don't believe in sin), just a cultural taboo.

So I will be sitting in hell with you others, but Paddy-boy has condemned me to hell for many, many things!

Yeah I found it amusing that they consider the tattooing to be in correlation with the heathen, pagan and satanic rituals... However they completely bypass the fact that a lot of now Christian holidays are indeed in direct correlation or started out as, heathen, pagan (or could be mistaken for Satanic) rituals! lol!!!!

Wait, if I have tattoos and live in a town called Hell...am I still going to Hell for having tattoos?

Also, wasn't the whole point of having Jesus and the New Testament to disband OT laws and no longer punish believers for them? Hence Christians not having to follow OT food rules, mixing fibers, etc.?

I have three small-to-medium, easily hidden tattoos. One of my sisters is very heavily tattooed and has been featured in tattoo magazines, and the other has smaller, hidden tattoos like me. My favorite is the word "love" in my best friend's handwriting on my wrist, since he often lives and works in Japan and this is a way to remind myself how much he loves and cares for me when he's far away.

I refuse to put a bumper sticker on a Bentley. Does this mean I'm saved after all? I guess I have to work harder to go to hell.

And Pat Robertson is a big fat weenie loser!

Wait, if I have tattoos and live in a town called Hell...am I still going to Hell for having tattoos?

Are you in Hell BreadPrincess? My Aunt & Uncle live in Pinckney and we all went to hell when I visited them a couple of summers ago. Great ice cream! I love that area, it's so beautiful.

I have 6 tattoos, all coverable with professional attire but showoffable if I want. Pat Robertson can kiss my ass.

Are you in Hell BreadPrincess? My Aunt & Uncle live in Pinckney and we all went to hell when I visited them a couple of summers ago. Great ice cream! I love that area, it's so beautiful.

I have 6 tattoos, all coverable with professional attire but showoffable if I want. Pat Robertson can kiss my ass.

I am indeed, I've lived here my whole life. :)

I am indeed, I've lived here my whole life. :)

Oh, Pat. No bigger 'sins' than this to discuss these days? :roll:

Is Pat Robertson still alive?

Very much so, although these days he does look rather more like a shriveled up old mummy than a living being. :lol: He's been a fixture of my community here in eastern Virginia for over fifty years; I can't tell you how grateful we all are that he prayed away that hurricane a few years back. /heavy sarcasm

I'm not a huge fan of tattoos, mainly because I've seen what they can sometimes look like in the wrong place on an elderly person. But I've seen some over the years that I really like--my grandfather had an awesome Lady Liberty on his bicep--so I'm not militantly against them or anything. Wouldn't get one myself, though, only for the above reason and because I'm not into voluntary pain! :o :lol:

I am well tattooed here, and between my wearing mixed fibers, having lived in sin, I am sure my Heathen, Paganiness is sure to send me straight to Hell. Glad to hear it's a nice spot, with good ice cream ;) Pat is a right old ass no matter how you split it!

I have three tattoos, one smallish (could be covered by a saucer) and two medium (could be covered by a salad plate), none of which show in business attire. I designed two, and a friend designed one, and I am very proud of them... but that being said, I'm glad I didn't get my most recent one on my upper arm, because as bloody hot as it's been here this summer (might as well be in Hell already), professional attire has included more sleeveless options than I've worn in the past. I certainly don't think that I'm going to Hell for my tattoos, but I do feel that there is still some social stigma about visible tattoos on a professional. Even though it is much more socially accepted than before, I'm not taking any chances that I might lose a potential client over it.

eta: My memory of the relevant discussions might be fuzzy, but I always thought that my Jewish friends who didn't get tattoos complied with the prohibition not because they thought that they would go to hell, but that they could not be buried in a Jewish cemetery. Someone please correct me if this is poor memory and/or a myth.

Guess I'm going to burn, too. I have an Alice in Wonderland tattoo.

Archived