IGNORED

Promise (purity) Ring from "Daddy" for Seven Sisters

holierthanyou

Looking at the pictures of their twin goats, I have a desire to go dust their barn.

Wonder when the birthday girl will start covering her head? Did they request that all the friends dress in frumpers? One child appeared to be wearing a normal sundress. The whole family seems to be 10 years younger than they are. I would have liked a tea-party at 3-7. At 13? No Way!

Go back and look at their oldest posts... it sounds like someone else, WTF?

Here is the first one I could find, from September 2008:

"Hello,

Yesterday we canned 4 bushels of pears! It was kind of fun but very crazy because we decided to do all 4 bushels My sisters Jessie and Lyssa have been moving into their new room and Suzanna and Cassie have been moving into Jessie and Lyssa’s old room so we can re-do their room! Me and my two younger sisters cleaned up our room that we share with our two brothers It is so nice to be in a clean room instead of a dirty room. We think Suzanna has chicken pox but we are not sure. I hope I get them very soon

Well I should stop for now.

~*~ Annie Kay~*~"

Very confused here...

Also this post shows the head coverings are a 'new' addition: http://sevenfarmgirlsisters.com/tomatoe ... -tomatoes/

Oh, my god. Seriously? A tea smelling contest for a 13 year old birthday party? Doilies? It all screams "Future Crazy Cat Lady" to me. But maybe I'm to the point where I don't feel it's a proper birthday without martinis. Poor, poor, horribly dressed little girls.

I think they have sort of explained the head covering. They said their parents read about it in the bible (Corinthians?) and that each of them has made a choice to cover their heads. I know there are older pictures on the blog of the oldest daughters wearing "regular" clothes, even pants and I think shorts, probably from before their parents decided to be so literal about the bible. I don't know how that really works.

So do 13 year old boys give their mommies scissors for Christmas to protect their manhood?

This seems like a cute idea for a very little girl or a very older woman, a tea party...

OT -- the lettuce on the fruit salad thing is to keep the fruit fresh and moist while it's being set out. They don't eat it with lettuce.

I thought those were gardening gloves. well in any case still an odd gift for a 13 year old girl. she looks so young. maybe it's the dress and hair. my niece is 14 but she has bright pink hair and has a major case of Bieber fever.

Such an odd party too but what do I know about it because I didn't have birthday parties after the age of 9 or so. I don't like the party aspect.

The squickiness of purity rings aside....tea-smelling?

How do they take something awesome, like wine-tasting (or for me at that age, since I was a total heathen, it may have been more like vodka-tasting) and make it into something so....dull? And they don't even get to taste it!

I love tea, but that has to be one of the worst party games (still after "guess that chocolate bar" as is popular at baby showers.)

I guess if she showed a huge interest in gardening, gardening gloves would be a fine gift. I high quality measuring cups and measuring spoons on my 14th birthday as I loved cooking and baking at the time. But because it fits some scripture? Booooo.

I have had a tea party for my birthday party as an adult. But, it was at the Saint James Tea Room in Albuquerque. Its one of the top 10 tea rooms in the US. The 7 sisters selection of tea makes me cringe. I hate bagged tea.

If the birthday girl had fun then I wont snark on the choice of theme. At least the 7 sisters get to have fun and are have family friends who are not fundi. I just wish that the old girls would act more their age.

Finally had time to read this. I couldn't help but wonder if a 13 year old really picked the theme or went along to make little sisters happy. I agree that giving your sex life to Daddy is ridiculous. My daughter and her friends support each other in the "limits" they have set and don't need an over-priced purity ring and an embarrassing ceremony to make it official.

Then there's the whole issue of rubber gloves as a birthday gift (ok my kid ASKED FOR a duster when she was 8 and got it, but still--she ASKED) and where do rubber gloves fit in with the much maligned family executive profiled in Proverbs 31. Get real folks--that lady had slave to do the dishes!

I just feel sorry for those kids having to look like total freaks in those awful dresses.

New to Seven Sisters, so this may be a dumb question:: but it seems as though there were quite a few fellow frumper clad maidens attending the birthday party (although I don't know them well enough to know if most of the guests were actually the six other sisters). Are there really that many like-minded friends in (what I assume to be) a rural, sparely populated area? Although now that I type that out, they could just be all the female members of one, two or three families...

I took a closer look at the pictures, and they have Scripture Tea "With a Bible verse on each tag". Wow, is there any crap that they won't slap a Christian label on to sell it?

I took a closer look at the pictures, and they have Scripture Tea "With a Bible verse on each tag". Wow, is there any crap that they won't slap a Christian label on to sell it?

OMG, go to a "Christina bookstore"! They have some seriously bad crap with Bible verses on it.

Oh yeah, I've bought that Scripture Tea from a Christian bookstore before. Also picked up some TestaMints.

These are the gifts my friends dream of.

New to Seven Sisters, so this may be a dumb question:: but it seems as though there were quite a few fellow frumper clad maidens attending the birthday party (although I don't know them well enough to know if most of the guests were actually the six other sisters). Are there really that many like-minded friends in (what I assume to be) a rural, sparely populated area? Although now that I type that out, they could just be all the female members of one, two or three families...

It's possible that some of the guests usually look much more mainstream than they did at the party. As a young teenager, I met a lot of fundie families through homeschooling circles. My mother thought the kids were really wholesome and nice (she would have loved the Seven Sisters) and made me wear dresses whenever we hung out with them so that I would fit in. (It didn't work, but that's another story.)

I found myself thinking about my own experience after noticing the very unhappy-looking girl on the left in this image: farm8.staticflickr.com/7132/7495004052_e25361c44f_z.jpg. Perhaps she was stuffed into a frumper and forced to attend the tea party - she certainly doesn't appear enthusiastic about being there!

The Seven Sisters would probably buy Bible-themed toilet paper, but Scripture-themed tea might not be such a weird product. A lot of people like to relax and meditate while drinking tea, and other brands (like Yogi Tea) come printed with inspirational messages. I somehow doubt the Scripture tea tastes very good, though. They're paying for holiness, not flavor.

Go back and look at their oldest posts... it sounds like someone else, WTF?

Here is the first one I could find, from September 2008:

"Hello,

Yesterday we canned 4 bushels of pears! It was kind of fun but very crazy because we decided to do all 4 bushels My sisters Jessie and Lyssa have been moving into their new room and Suzanna and Cassie have been moving into Jessie and Lyssa’s old room so we can re-do their room! Me and my two younger sisters cleaned up our room that we share with our two brothers It is so nice to be in a clean room instead of a dirty room. We think Suzanna has chicken pox but we are not sure. I hope I get them very soon

Well I should stop for now.

~*~ Annie Kay~*~"

Very confused here...

Also this post shows the head coverings are a 'new' addition: http://sevenfarmgirlsisters.com/tomatoe ... -tomatoes/

I think they used to use fake names perhaps for privacy reasons? Or just for fun, who knows.

Archived