IGNORED

We were expecting some new nursing frumpers from NR Anna...

moreorlessnu

We speculated in the past that NR Anna would sew herself up some frumpers that would make BF-ing easy.

There are some pictures up today of both Melanie and Anna. Anna has a T-shirt under a frumper (looks like the frumper buttons in the back near each shoulder blade). Melanie is wearing a T-shirt. While Melanie's outfit would make nursing easier than Anna's outfit, neither outfit would be a modest solution to nursing in front of the menfolk. Is it possible both babies are bottle fed?

Either way, both ladies look great, and happy.

I am guessing both women go in another room with the door shut, they would never nurse in front of the men. They are also big on double shirts there, so they might have one of those nursing shirts that cover the bellly under the regular shirt or something.

I am guessing both women go in another room with the door shut, they would never nurse in front of the men. They are also big on double shirts there, so they might have one of those nursing shirts that cover the bellly under the regular shirt or something.

Yes, I'm thinking any family that makes females wear two shirts even while working on their brother's house in 90+ degree weather, would NOT encourage nursing in public, no matter how discreet.

It looks like a maternity frumper, buttoning in the back of the shoulder. They would never nurse around the men, so my guess is that NR-Anna goes to a back room, unbuttons the frumper, and then nurses. Mel is likely wearing a double shirt, or at least a nursing tank under the tee. At least if both are breastfeeding they can go sit in a back room together and have some company.

Sadly, I know several women from totally non-religious backgrounds who were/are required to nurse in a back bedroom, in order to not offend prudish or embarrassed male relatives or in-laws. A lot of Americans have no problem seeing a woman in a string bikini on the beach or the pages of Sports Illustrated, but recoil in horror at the sight of a woman breastfeeding a baby with no or very little skin showing. I always nursed in public, as is my right in this state, but with a nursing tank layered under a normal top you'd really have had to try hard to see anything.

I assumed Anna or Melanie could put on that nursing cover-up (whatever it's called) and nurse discretely. I figured Anna would make frumpers with slits (hidden in pleats) in the front, and wear a button down shirt underneath with a nursing bra. Easy access, but everything covered up by the nursing cover-up.

If they happen to be in a location where a spare bedroom isn't available (for example, a small coffee shop with a single occupant bathroom), they each have to take off a lot of clothing (and bare a lot of skin) to nurse.

I assumed Anna or Melanie could put on that nursing cover-up (whatever it's called) and nurse discretely. I figured Anna would make frumpers with slits (hidden in pleats) in the front, and wear a button down shirt underneath with a nursing bra. Easy access, but everything covered up by the nursing cover-up.

If they happen to be in a location where a spare bedroom isn't available (for example, a small coffee shop with a single occupant bathroom), they each have to take off a lot of clothing (and bare a lot of skin) to nurse.

Lucky they are never allowed to go anywhere except their inlaws and the elderly home then.

Much as I like the idea of Melanie and NR Anna taking the babies to mums group or going out for coffee together I doubt very much they get to leave the home except for church and visiting family (family meaning Maxwells). Sarah and Teri are probably still doing their grocery shopping for them both under the guise of helping, so their lives can completely narrow to just their kitchens, their headships, and their babies.

I used to layer camis and shirts so I could pull one up and one down. Even then, I avoided nursing in public once I moved to WA because it is apparently a political statement here, no matter how covered you are :roll:

But in my own house, I will nurse on the couch and wherever the fuck I want to and I do not use a blanket because no one else here has to put a blanket over their head while eating.

I used to layer camis and shirts so I could pull one up and one down. Even then, I avoided nursing in public once I moved to WA because it is apparently a political statement here, no matter how covered you are :roll:

But in my own house, I will nurse on the couch and wherever the fuck I want to and I do not use a blanket because no one else here has to put a blanket over their head while eating.

I see so many guys running shirtless over the summer, I am just mad that women can't breastfeed in public or should have to try to hide to not make men embarrassed. double standards live long.

(and then my roommate gets honked at if she runs in a sports bra and shorts. Hate this culture! (and I don't mean American culture).

Why could they not celebrate her birthday while on vacation?

I wondered that too. That might be a little too much thinking outside the box for the Maxwells.

Did someone up thread say Steve wrote that Joseph and Elizabeth would be traveling with the family after they're married? I missed that.

Seriously? I live in WA and I never once felt political while nursing in public. I always felt very accepted. And I've nursed in some very crowded places (festivals, malls, restaurants, etc.). Maybe I was oblivious.

My first thought when I saw the post about Teri's birthday was that she must have a terminal illness and only have a few weeks to live.

I don't get the recent deal with breastfeeding. I don't remember it even being a topic when my kids were babies. Two years ago my daughter was invited to my ex-husband's brother's house after the birth of her baby. She was sitting in the living room with everyone, and very discreetly, with a nursing COVER that snapped at the neck, started nursing him when he got fussy. My ex's brother said, "Oh don't do that out HERE in front of everyone, that's DISGUSTING!! Go to our bedroom!" and was led to a bedroom in the back of the house. She never accepted another invitation to his house. And he's no "fundie," he's agnostic and hasn't stepped inside a church for at least 20 years.

My first thought when I saw the post about Teri's birthday was that she must have a terminal illness and only have a few weeks to live.

When I saw the first picture clue Sarah gave us, with the very dramatic sky with the rolling clouds, I swear, for just a second I thought they were hinting they expected Jesus to come back soon! :oops:

When I saw the first picture clue Sarah gave us, with the very dramatic sky with the rolling clouds, I swear, for just a second I thought they were hinting they expected Jesus to come back soon! :oops:

Maybe they're off to Colorado to get raptured?!

Breastfeeding is such a political thing these days. It makes me scared to breastfeed when I have kids one day. Who knows what the reaction will be? I feel if the woman is covered, any complaints is just prudish and immature. If the woman isn't covered, it really depends on how blatantly obvious it is. As long as she isn't in a position that forces people to watch, I think anyone who complains should be told to not stare if it bothers them. We don't find feeding babies with bottles to be disgusting, why should a breast be any different? After all, that is its intended function. Anyway, the few times I've seen feeding mothers, they've all been so discreet that you could hardly see what they're doing. As far as I'm concerned, the worst crime is to starve the child in order to protect the prying eyes.

Archived