IGNORED

New blogger under Lina's old blog adress

fundiefun

http://asetapartlife.blogspotdotcom

I checked in my news feed and when I saw A Set Apart Life pop in my news feed I was shocking hoping it was Lina returning. It's sadly not since deleting her blog the web address was avalible. This new blog is run by a girl named Anna for anonymous who is a young college grad who is your run of the mill Christian and I don't get any hint of fundie to her so far. I'm sad because just when I thought Lina was back it's not her.

For those of us that Snark at the Church of the Smartphone:

asetapartlife.blogspot.com/

Is name recycling common in blog land? Or is she trying to have a built in fan base?

Blog names become available when you delete yours after 90 days so it looks like this blogger who is your run of the mill Christian chose the name because most Christian bloggers young woman at least use things like kings daughter, for his glory, with him, etc that kind of thing

Guest Anonymous

Poor girl, she's been 'found' before she's had a chance to do anything snarkworthy. :lol:

Someone send her an FJ 'preemptive persecution' badge for her troubles...

Hahahaha poor girl.

How I wish I'd thought to nab it and start a Lina parody.

I would have lit some pumpkin pie scented candles if you did. 8-)

The gal wrote a little update - apparently she's been warned about us. :)

I dunno, I'm probably paranoid but something pings for me, like she's not so clueless about the blog she's taking over.

The gal wrote a little update - apparently she's been warned about us. :)

I dunno, I'm probably paranoid but something pings for me, like she's not so clueless about the blog she's taking over.

Yeah, I agree. Her first post has 3 comments, one from a SAHD and one from a Finnish faux-jew. I really doubt that whoever the new Set Apart Life blogger is had never heard of Lina.

It seemed odd to me that she has already monetized her blog. Or is that normal? You have to go through some steps to do that and it seems to me that the beginning blogger who is just trying to type out their thoughts would not do that right away. :?

Also, I'm not sure what to think about all the old posts still being there. It just seems like a big privacy fail on Blogger's part. Hard to believe it would really happen that way if it were really deleted.

I thought that you couldn't reuse addresses on blogspot. Not entirely sure on that, but it's why this pings for me.

It seemed odd to me that she has already monetized her blog. Or is that normal?

I'm not seeing any ads, so I'm curious why you think it's monetized.

I see at least one ad

Really? That's so odd. I don't have an ad-blocker and I'm not seeing any. Where is the ad located?

Guest Anonymous

She pings my trolldar too.

She says that she subscribed to her own blog in Google Reader and got Lina's posts in her feed, going back to 2009. So I added her to my Reader, but only the last two posts on her new blog came up. Is someone yanking our chain? :)

It hardly seems fair. Some fundies wait years to gain our notice.

Damn fundie queue-jumpers.

Guest Anonymous

Just adding my two cents - I agree with everyone who says that something is fishy about this person. I'm not buying what they're selling. Also, could someone explain to me how talking about the content that is posted on a public blog is harassment?

Anyone receive an email or reply from her blog to your blog? It usually gives IP addresses, in case anyone actually had Lina's IP address, you could compare.

I just added it to my google reader and now I'm reading old Lina posts. That's really weird. Wouldn't all the old posts have been deleted when the blog was deleted?

Damn fundie queue-jumpers.

Well, you know, she probably thinks she's a speshul snowflake for having the blog name. To hell with that I say, back of the line with the rest of the leghumpers. Fill out a form, and we'll get to snarking you when we get to you. We really need some sort of snark request forms for these poor folks.

The ads are at the end of each post and on the left hand side underneath the blog archive button. When I look I see it like this:

Blog.png

But now I am jealous that some people can't see them :(

Archived