IGNORED

Lina had a baby!

julie

Bumping this thread because I was jonesing for some new Lina gossip and my poking around led me to "Azarayah's Birth Story": texasbirthcenter.com/news/azaryahs-birth-story/.

Not a lot details. Water birth at home with a candlelit ambiance. She didn't tear, due of course to her "healthful vegan diet."

Apologies if this has already been posted... I searched and didn't see it anywhere.

How did I know there would be pumpkin spice candles burning to welcome this little blessing to the planet earth?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 10lb baby is not considered to be a 'normal' sized baby. That baby is macrosomic. And as a first, that doesn't bode well for subsequent pregnancies. I wonder if she had gestational diabetes. Some women fall through the cracks, and they recently lowered the limits on the definitive 3hr glucose test for pregnant women. I know the 1hr one is a screen, but it doesn't prove that there isn't GD, just if there *is* a reason to worry.

I wonder if the high birth rate means more monitoring and/or induction for subsequent pregnancies?

Wondering the same. I was just diagnosed with GD, and I know there is a high degree of correlation between GD and macrosomia (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fetal- ... %2Dfactors). Lina may have declined screening; if so, not smart, because untreated GD is implicated in a whole range of pregnancy complications from preeclampsia to stillbirth. She'd do well to consider screening next time around, especially with a history of a macrosomic baby.

Bumping this thread because I was jonesing for some new Lina gossip and my poking around led me to "Azarayah's Birth Story": texasbirthcenter.com/news/azaryahs-birth-story/.

Not a lot details. Water birth at home with a candlelit ambiance. She didn't tear, due of course to her "healthful vegan diet."

Apologies if this has already been posted... I searched and didn't see it anywhere.

Oooh! Thanks, Tabby!

Excellent work! I saw this thread and wondered to myself, WTF, they already had another one? How did I miss a whole pregnancy.

Oooh! Thanks, Tabby!

Her veganism prevented her from tearing? How's that? I'm a vegan - last I checked, it doesn't actually grant you magical powers.

Her veganism prevented her from tearing? How's that? I'm a vegan - last I checked, it doesn't actually grant you magical powers.

But Lina is speshul.

lol it's the midwives who said that.

Still she had a 10lbs baby and did not tear... that might open the road to many more babies.......

A 10lb baby is not considered to be a 'normal' sized baby. That baby is macrosomic. And as a first, that doesn't bode well for subsequent pregnancies. I wonder if she had gestational diabetes. Some women fall through the cracks, and they recently lowered the limits on the definitive 3hr glucose test for pregnant women. I know the 1hr one is a screen, but it doesn't prove that there isn't GD, just if there *is* a reason to worry.

I wonder if the high birth rate means more monitoring and/or induction for subsequent pregnancies?

I weighed 10 lb. 2 oz. at birth. When I was pregnant, my doc said that my mother most likely had GD when she was pregnant with me, but they didn't regularly test for it in the mid-1960s. He said any time you have a baby over 9 pounds you have to suspect GD.

Oh, and speaking of Lina:

Her FB page is locked, but if you click on the Wall it shows

so at least she's not going with the Pearls, which is reassuring. But I don't have kids, so I leave the mothers out here to check the Gentle Christian Mothers' page.

I can no longer find her FB page.

But why would Scott Pilgrim vs. the World lie?

Well the baby was ten days late but I don't know how much that affects birth weight. I wish DocSharon was still posting for her two cents.

If Lina went the midwife route they might have had a woo-version of the GD test and she slipped through the cracks. Or didn't test at all because the magic vegan diet protects them from gestational diabetes.

He's cute. He has her eyes.

That's because you are doing it wrong, and Lena is doing it the right, holy, and better-nanabooboo way!

That's because you are doing it wrong, and Lena is doing it the right, holy, and better-nanabooboo way!

*snort* my vegan doula tore horribly with her first baby!!! who was less than 10 lbs for SURE and my doula isn't some precious delicate thing like Lina is. (she, like me has good Eastern European child bearing hips)

*snort* my vegan doula tore horribly with her first baby!!! who was less than 10 lbs for SURE and my doula isn't some precious delicate thing like Lina is. (she, like me has good Eastern European child bearing hips)

OMG, I have those hips! I totally blame my Russian ancestors.

OMG, I have those hips! I totally blame my Russian ancestors.

Hungarian on one side, Czech and German on the other . I WILL NEVER BE A SIZE 2!!! :LOL

Hungarian on one side, Czech and German on the other . I WILL NEVER BE A SIZE 2!!! :LOL

Polish/Russian/German here!

Guest Anonymous

Those are Central European countries! It's traditional for Czechs and Hungarians to get super offended if you suggest those countries are Eastern European.

Those are Central European countries! It's traditional for Czechs and Hungarians to get super offended if you suggest those countries are Eastern European.

My sense of geography is horrible. So thank you!

I went until HIGH SCHOOL not knowing that Great Britain was an island. I haven't gotten much better since... :shock: Its like my head cannot keep geographical information in it.

Half-Hungarian, 10+ lb baby here too. Who knew those big giant hips were useful for something besides making pants shopping impossible?

Oh, and speaking of Lina:

Her FB page is locked, but if you click on the Wall it shows

so at least she's not going with the Pearls, which is reassuring. But I don't have kids, so I leave the mothers out here to check the Gentle Christian Mothers' page.

It's actually fantastic that she is a member of Gentle Christian Mothers. And I say that as an Atheist! They are 100% opposed to Growing Kids Gods Way, Babywise, Dare to Discipline, Shepherding A Child's Heart, etc. They are a Christian Attachment Parenting group - so they advocate for leading with love and kindness and they oppose physical punishments. Any time I have a religious friend ask me questions about my parenting, I send them to the GCM sight.

She didn't tear, due of course to her "healthful vegan diet."

She probably didn't have enough red blood cells to actually bleed. :roll:

Archived