IGNORED

The SOTDRT strikes in Alaska

terranova

There was something in our lives we would discovered this Summer, though we would not have guessed it, still we experienced it. A happy discovery for all involved! A discovery proving that God’s blessings are unlimited, that He cares and provides healing for all. Through an amazing course of years of silence, searching and wondering He provided a way for a caring mother, who never knew her child and a daughter full of longing of a love she’d never experienced, to meet face to face and let the years of wondering and longing disappear. Family is a true blessing from the Lord, and when He allowed this discovery to be made, He glorified Himself with the assurance that was in all the minds involved that He Himself made a way for these dear ladies to meet!

:sad-roulette:

gladblog.gladheartacres.com/?m=201207

:sad-roulette:

gladblog.gladheartacres.com/?m=201207

Wait, whaaaat? Can you say it again, but slowly? :shock:

And what's this sordid family story anyway? "My Grandmother has another daughter that our family knew nothing about" and it's all so fun and wonderful - seriously? No explanations, no pain? :doh:

And what's this sordid family story anyway? "My Grandmother has another daughter that our family knew nothing about" and it's all so fun and wonderful - seriously? No explanations, no pain? :doh:

Weird, I heard about a different woman (someone i know IRL) finding her long lost sister who had been adopted by a different family. I guess it's fairly common in Alaska with people of a certain age. Maybe.?

Weird, I heard about a different woman (someone i know IRL) finding her long lost sister who had been adopted by a different family. I guess it's fairly common in Alaska with people of a certain age. Maybe.?

But in that case both got adopted, only by different families, right? Here apparently Grandma gave the one for adoption and then had other children that she kept. And never said anything about the first child.

I would assume Granny got knocked up in her wild teen years, gave baby up, then married later and didn't tell anyone. Sounds logical, if a bit sad.

You got more out of it than I did. I still can't make heads or tales of the "writing".

I'm happy for them. As an adoptee of *cough* a certain age, I've been interested in this and have written articles about it. I was contacted by a birth mother (not mine) who told me of the pressure these women were under. Her story was very similar to what I was told (though I take that with a bit of a grain of salt) about my own and my birth mother's story. They were pretty much coerced into giving their babies up for adoption and it caused a lot of heartache. My own birth mother had such angst about it that she didn't sign the relinquishment papers until I was 7 months old. She tried - really tried - to find a way to keep me, but back in the day, it was just. not. done. I know the strange "where did I come from" feeling and now, thanks to the woman who contacted me though this article, I understand and grieve for the women who were railroaded into giving their babies up. It's a sad situation. If they want to rejoice about their new-found relations and rejoice in the Lord, then I rejoice with them.

But in that case both got adopted, only by different families, right? Here apparently Grandma gave the one for adoption and then had other children that she kept. And never said anything about the first child.

No, the woman I know wasn't adopted - she was raised in her family - but her birth sister who was a secret was given to another family. There was also a story in my local paper about a similar story as well. Only that woman was raised out of state only to find out that she was from Barrow, Alaska.

Archived