IGNORED

Did Susanna Keller get married?/Suze pregnant {merged}

NJMom

This is also conclusive proof that God blesses people who leave ATI with children.

This!

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is also conclusive proof that God blesses people who leave ATI with children.

I find it ironic. This girl goes out of her way to escape the Quiverfull life and ends up getting pregnant anyway. I hope it all works out for her.

She may have ended up pregnant to a man she hardly knows (this seems like a rebound relationship, I may be wrong) but at least she can stop at one or how ever many she is comfortable with and pursue her education and a professional life if she wants to.

Its not sup rising she got pregnant when all she ever learnt about contraception is that it's evil and kills the precious baybeez

Oh wow. I wish her the very best, but damn, am I the only one thinking that this is the worst possible way to have set an example for her younger siblings, the Duggar kids, etc, that you can leave Gothardism and still turn out fine. Let me clarify that even pregnant out of wedlock, I know she can do just fine, but to them, she'll be the classic example of 'look what happens when you leave Gothard.' You give away pieces of your heart to different guys, have premarital sex (gasp, the horror!), have a child out of wedlock- basically all the things they feel are the most grievous of sins. The parents will use her as an example of why they have to stay in the fold, sadly. :-(

But, it's her life and I'm glad she's living it. I hope this new guy treats her well.

Oh wow. I wish her the very best, but damn, am I the only one thinking that this is the worst possible way to have set an example for her younger siblings, the Duggar kids, etc, that you can leave Gothardism and still turn out fine. Let me clarify that even pregnant out of wedlock, I know she can do just fine, but to them, she'll be the classic example of 'look what happens when you leave Gothard.' You give away pieces of your heart to different guys, have premarital sex (gasp, the horror!), have a child out of wedlock- basically all the things they feel are the most grievous of sins. The parents will use her as an example of why they have to stay in the fold, sadly. :-(

But, it's her life and I'm glad she's living it. I hope this new guy treats her well.

Her situation might not be ideal, but I don't think it's the worst possible example. Even if her parents and other fundies might look down on her, as long as she's successful (makes it through school, and keeps a steady job) and happy with her life, there will be those who see that (like the Duggar young ladies, perhaps) and wish they could have it for themselves, if only secretly. For better or worse, she now has the chance to prove that an unwed mother can successfully raise a child as well.

I wish only the best for Suze.

I hope she has a good support system, and I hope at least some of her family members stand by her. This isn't going to be easy for her, I imagine. Still, I also wish her the best!

Holy hell!! She's pregnant! Oh I wish I could'v heard that the phone conversation with crazy daddy... Oh me, oh my! If she wasn't fully shunned before, this would do it.

Wonder if Prissy is preggers yet.

I don't think Suze tried to steer away from getting pregnant young--I just think she wanted to escape the mentality IBLP has on women being a SAHM/wife. The secular world gives us women a choice whether to work or be a homemaker, whereas, IBLP does not. Yes, you can work but they'll definitely look down at you and people will talk.

I'm not the one to judge but it does seem so quick for her to brag about how amazing Nick was for well over a year, suddenly break it off with him not even 4 months ago, ends up with another guy who she's madly in love with (and possibly engaged so soon) and carrying his child. Then again, the girl is trying to find a place in this world, so I hope this guy can provide her with full support and help her through everything. I really hope she finds happiness and I wish her all the best with her pregnancy too!

I do wonder how Rebekah and Josh have taken this. Although they left the IBLP mindset, Josh has claimed that they're still pretty Conservative Christians. I hope they're still a big part of her life, as well as her other siblings, and still love her no matter what.

Ooooh, wouldn't that be interesting, if God opened Susanna's womb but left Priscilla's tightly closed, even after a godly courtship and her bethrothed learning the required bible verses to legitimately win a Keller daughter's hand.

I wonder how they would spin that? They would have to go with the Zsuzsanna theory - children are a blessing from god, except when they are a curse to punish promiscuous behavior.

Whatever her married status is, I have no doubt that she will be a better mother than Anna, Esther, and Priscilla ever could be. Her kids will have more freedom and opportunities than Mackynzie and Michael, and they won't be crammed into a camper like Esther's children.

I wish her all the best. My niece had a child out of wedlock this year. Everyone adjusted and our little princess is loved! Twins will be such a fun adventure and they will be better off with the paternal grandparents anyway who are probably normal.

I do wish Suze the best, because a wanted baby is a wonderful thing, and unplanned pregnancies can turn out well (well hey, we don't know if it was unplanned, actually). My pregnancy with my son was unplanned, and I'm incredibly thankful for him. I do think that Suze will be a good mom. I think that she'll be a very fun mom, and will probably be accepting and understanding of her child because of her experiences. But at the same time, I am a little sad for her that it happened so soon after she left the fundie lifestyle. She didn't have much time to really live for herself. One thing I was thankful for, when I found out I was pregnant a lot sooner than I'd planned to be, was the fact that I'd gotten to live for myself. I had a few years where I could work, travel, party, date, etc., without having to worry about anybody but myself. I think that everybody deserves that. But again, I really do wish her the best, and I hope that she has an incredible life with her child and that she is able to build the kind of family she wants.

I wish her all the best. My niece had a child out of wedlock this year. Everyone adjusted and our little princess is loved! Twins will be such a fun adventure and they will be better off with the paternal grandparents anyway who are probably normal.

Twins?

Some have surmised that she's having twins because she used the phrase "...with my babies!!!" on her Google+. My first thought was that she meant it in reference to her boyfriend, perhaps as a typo or variant of 'babe.'

This!

Thirded.

It's not how I chose to spend my 20th birthday. Hell, I got knocked up and the due date - I miscarried in week 11 - was my 40th birthday. I wish her the best. And I know it's wrong, but ironic that Pris (the perfect name for that girl) isn't knocked up yet...she's been married four whole months now. That's considered just about barren in Gothardland.

Thirded.

It's not how I chose to spend my 20th birthday. Hell, I got knocked up and the due date - I miscarried in week 11 - was my 40th birthday. I wish her the best. And I know it's wrong, but ironic that Pris (the perfect name for that girl) isn't knocked up yet...she's been married four whole months now. That's considered just about barren in Gothardland.

Not that I wish it on her (or anyone), but it would be interesting if she (or David, although we know he'd never receive the blame) turned out to be infertile. I really wonder how they'd handle it/how others in their cult would react.

Maude, I wonder the same, especially given that they are a "royalty" couple from David's side. You get Gothard to show up at your nuptials, you're a speshul snowflake in the cult. I don't recall ever hearing that he showed at the Duggar affair (even off-TLC camera, as he was with David and Pris).

I'm sure Suze and Daniel gave Gothard a very wide berth, as would anyone with half a brain.

Maude, I wonder the same, especially given that they are a "royalty" couple from David's side. You get Gothard to show up at your nuptials, you're a speshul snowflake in the cult. I don't recall ever hearing that he showed at the Duggar affair (even off-TLC camera, as he was with David and Pris).

I'm sure Suze and Daniel gave Gothard a very wide berth, as would anyone with half a brain.

I read somewhere he was at the Duggar wedding, they just didn't show it on camera.

Not that I wish it on her (or anyone), but it would be interesting if she (or David, although we know he'd never receive the blame) turned out to be infertile. I really wonder how they'd handle it/how others in their cult would react.

I think he,s a little to gay to get it on.... :lol:

Some have surmised that she's having twins because she used the phrase "...with my babies!!!" on her Google+. My first thought was that she meant it in reference to her boyfriend, perhaps as a typo or variant of 'babe.'

I'm guessing babies referred to both the boyfriend and the fetus.

Thirded.

also - on the note of david and Pris - am I the only one who thiks the "FAQ" section on their website is pretty funny? Especially "David, how did you know Priscilla was the one?" Answer "Coming Soon"...

I wish her all the happiness in the world. I hope everything works out for her. I hope she is happy and has a wonderful life. Wouldn't it be awesome if she has a great life not following Gothard's rules and the Duggars and her siblings can see it is possible. Hopefully she'll have a great partner and have a healthy and happy child and live in a nice place and that has got to seem more appealing than her siblings who pop out a kid every year or so or live in a cramped house/camper.

Does anyone know if she has a dog? I've often seen people my age (mid to late twenties) refer to their dog and their baby as "their babies".

I bet we get updates on the show from Anna in the vein of "We ACCEPT Suze..... like we do Amy's Mom who also ignored God and got knocked up...." to show how "accepting" they all are.

Archived