IGNORED

Finding a headship

JesusFightClub

I've been trying to work out who my headship is ;)

My dad? I speak to him about once in a blue moon.

My brothers? They're a fair bit younger than me. I'm the oldest sibling.

My uncle? He spends most of his time in the pub, which I think is not Christian approved :doh:

The guy I live with? He's a comrade and an anarchist, I think he would struggle with the concept. :lol: Considering he doesn't believe anyone should have authority over another...

WHERE IS A HEADSHIP TO BE FOUND????

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe a cat? They provide a certain amount of ...direction in one's life.

For instance, today (Saturday), my headship (he would spit tacks if he thought I was serious about that name) was instructed by the feline of the household that 0730 was late enough to sleep and breakfast was to be served.

maybe a cat? They provide a certain amount of ...direction in one's life.

For instance, today (Saturday), my headship (he would spit tacks if he thought I was serious about that name) was instructed by the feline of the household that 0730 was late enough to sleep and breakfast was to be served.

I would concur, a cat is the perfect headship ;-)

Adorable enough to get away with the kingly attitude, but won't end in a charge if you lock them in the garage when they're bad. lmao!

I have tried the cat route! My mum has a spare cat. But my flatmate does not love them and does not want one. He doesn't really like animals.

My uncle? He spends most of his time in the pub, which I think is not Christian approved :doh:

The guy I live with? He's a comrade and an anarchist, I think he would struggle with the concept. :lol: Considering he doesn't believe anyone should have authority over another...

I am afraid you are a lost soul. If it is any consolation, so am I, I'll see you in hell :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Well you could be like Joanna and rely on other men for your headship. Or as said before, cats are indeed a natural headship for all humanity.

As for you living with another man; you harlot! You are living with a man you are not related to? You are bound for hell girl, and you know it :lol:

on second thoughts, I do have a feline headship and I have a spare headship, a very handsome young physician. He doesn't exactly share your political views, but considering the much-needed presence of a headship, it seems a minor detail.

maybe you can still be saved!!!

Just checked out ChristianMingle, I searched specfically for the word headship and found this doozy of a Bio blurb for ya:

I would love to meet someone who really grasps the teaching by the apostle Paul in Ephesians 5:21-33 about headship and submission, as well as mutual submission, and the illustration of love that we're to follow from the example of Christ's great and deep love to the church. I'd love to discuss this topic (and a million other ones) further with the right someone (or anyone really).

:lol:

Just checked out ChristianMingle, I searched specfically for the word headship and found this doozy of a Bio blurb for ya:

:lol:

I don't think that he is talking about the fundie kind of submission! :shock: :? :lol: :lol:

Anyway, JFC: the perfect headship is a baby. You only sleep when they want you too, if they don't like your outfit they throw up on it, if you breastfeed and they have allergies they have complete control of your diet - hell even if they are just gassy they have control. Yup, good times.

Cats are good, like others said. They don't let you sleep if someone else (AHEM, my 7yo daughter) forgot to feed kitty before bed.

My headship is the voices on my head.

I'm gonna go with this one. They give way better advice than any guys I know.

I have no options for a headship either. My father is dead, and was never part of my life when he was alive. My uncle is moving to Seattle in a few short months - that's a bit far for him to keep me under his umbrella of protection. My two younger brothers have lives of their own and would check me into an institution before they'd consider being my headship; neither of them is into that kind of thing. My mom's husband is a an alcoholic who I haven't spoken more than 100 words to in twenty years. I left my ex husband 3.5 years ago.

I guess I am just going to flounder in the world without a headship and without protection. That's not so bad though, really. I have a job, a place to live, friends and family. Of course, that means I have to make my own decisions too and we know what terrible things can happen when a woman makes her own decisions, but, I'll have to take the risk.

I do have a headship, but my headship doesn't want to be a headship and would rather that 'I' was the headship. He is no leader and quite happily leaves decisions up to me. Which is handy because I am a control freak :D

I can honestly say that if I suddenly required my 'headship' be actually BE my headship, he would quickly gain a deer in the headlights look and freak out.

I can honestly say that if I suddenly required my 'headship' be actually BE my headship, he would quickly gain a deer in the headlights look and freak out.

My headship would do the same thing.

I found my headship while on jury duty. Seriously. Wonder if that would be an acceptable way to find your headship?

7xS addressed this very issue. You still must surrender all control and then pray for him to be the headship he is meant to be. He is probably just a Mr Visionary and you're surrendering the wrong way.

Uh, JFC, you're being very disrespectful of the god-given authority of your brothers. Why does it matter you're the oldest sibling? They have the proper genitalia - that's all that matters! Even if the only brother you have is 20 years younger and wants nothing to do with submission/authority/headship, you need to submit to him!!!11!!!!

:roll:

All of my headships died on me. Father, husband, and feline. You know what? I don't mind being my own headship. :) I could get another feline headship but that would create kitty litter stuff again (buying, tracking through the house, disposal, etc) and I couldn't up and leave town on a whim any more. I think I shall continue enjoy being headshipless.

(snip) he doesn't believe anyone should have authority over another...

OT but how does the concept of parenting work for someone like this? I mean, I don't subscribe to the authoritarian raising of children like we discuss on the Snark but is there not a certain amount of "being in charge" generally required for parenting?

Headship, my rosy red @$$. At this advanced point in my life, I don't even want to have to compromise with anyone! As a fellow divorced sexagenarian said, it's nice to have 100% of the vote.

LaTraviata, I like the sound of this handsome young physician ;) My door is always open, if he doesn't mind the fact I have a shaved head, army boots and hang out with a crew of commies and anarchists. If you looked up "the opposite of trophy wife" you'd get me ;) If not, I look forward to having a pint with you in hell. I bet they serve Tennents (as our Justice Minister memorably described it "cooking lager" :D)

My oldest younger brother has enough to do with Small and Smaller, I don't think he'd enjoy being my headship as well. Reading the Lousewife's blog, I've discovered that your headship is "the one who tells you to behave". In which case, it's temporarily my flatmate and comrade, because he says things like "JFC, that second bottle of wine isn't a good idea". :oops:

However, I usually say to him "Now, on this protest, try not to get arrested, OK?" which might be domineering or repressing his manhood or something, who knows?

LaTraviata, I like the sound of this handsome young physician ;) My door is always open, if he doesn't mind the fact I have a shaved head, army boots and hang out with a crew of commies and anarchists. If you looked up "the opposite of trophy wife" you'd get me ;) If not, I look forward to having a pint with you in hell. I bet they serve Tennents (as our Justice Minister memorably described it "cooking lager" :D)

My oldest younger brother has enough to do with Small and Smaller, I don't think he'd enjoy being my headship as well. Reading the Lousewife's blog, I've discovered that your headship is "the one who tells you to behave". In which case, it's temporarily my flatmate and comrade, because he says things like "JFC, that second bottle of wine isn't a good idea". :oops:

However, I usually say to him "Now, on this protest, try not to get arrested, OK?" which might be domineering or repressing his manhood or something, who knows?

JFC, if after some prayer you do break the courtship with the handsome young physician, could you please send him over the Channel? I am the opposite of meek, but I have hair :lol:

JFC, if after some prayer you do break the courtship with the handsome young physician, could you please send him over the Channel? I am the opposite of meek, but I have hair :lol:

He is 3/4 French.

Archived