IGNORED

And Joanne falls even deeper down the rabbit hole...

Koala

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is so fricking sad, so they had a good step father, willing to support them, love them and be a real Dad. And then stupid Mommy dearest gets an attack of the guilts based on some bible thumpers basement religious bullshit? WTF!?

Joanne, you suck. Seriously. FUCK YOU.

This seriously makes me angry.

that is so fricking sad, so they had a good step father, willing to support them, love them and be a real Dad. And then stupid Mommy dearest gets an attack of the guilts based on some bible thumpers basement religious bullshit? WTF!?

Joanne, you suck. Seriously. FUCK YOU.

This seriously makes me angry.

Now the kids are stuck living in a church basement answering to a whole bunch of whacked fundy men. Real improvement, not.

Is it possible for one of the ex husbands to sue for custody? I would think they would have a good shot at winning.

If I were the stepdad I'd atleast try to get them out of what is clearly an dangerous situation.

thats so sad... seriously Joanne just piss off and do what you want, and give the kids to the dad!

grrr !!!!

I need an authority on Jewish Law here.

my oldest son is not an "adult". And where does the bible say an "adult" is 19 or older?

July 14, 2012 2:17 PM

What is the age of majority for a Jewish boy? I recognize she is a weird mennonite, fundy faux Jew but lets get biblical ok :lol:

What is the age of majority for a Jewish boy? I recognize she is a weird mennonite, fundy faux Jew but lets get biblical ok :lol:

I am not an authority on Jewish Law or a Biblical scholar, but 2000 years ago, it would have been pretty much the norm for a 19 year old man to be married, working a job, earning an income, making babies, all the things that we today would consider "adult".

There is no listed "age" in the Bible, which means that she can continue to confiscate his earnings for another few decades and feel Biblically justified in doing so.

Joanne, I have a serious question:

-You did not raise your children in your current faith. How did your children respond when you told them, hey, we're going to divorce your father/step-father and live in a church basement and you are going to start wearing Amish clothing and give all of your hard-earned money away? I seriously cannot imagine having that conversation with teenagers. Did they rebel, even a little?

... And I'd love to hear your response to what others have asked: what will it take for you to consider your son to be an adult?

If she has no husband, she is under the authority of her eldest son until her death or remarriage. If she does not have a son, she reverts to her husband's brothers. If there are no brothers, she reverts to her brothers. I'm not sure after that. I should look it up.

Since the second marriage was "adultery" she should definitely go back to the first husband. That's only fair. And even so, if she prayed hard enough and asked for forgiveness, she would have been forgiven. Yet another Fundie logic fail.

I'm surprised no one has sued for custody. And since she gave the full address of the church, anyone could easily take that information and called CPS. Easily.

What if she had had a child with husband number two? Then what?

ETA:

Second, adult children and the extended family are to care for the widow or single mother. "But if a widow has children or grandchil­dren, let them first learn to show godliness to their own household and to make some return to their parents, for this is pleasing in the sight of God" (1 Tim. 5:4). This means brothers, uncles, and even older sons can and should be a resource for a single mother whenever possible.

This doesn't mean she should call on extended family to bear the day-to-day burden of shepherding her family. That would violate the first principle of self-government, or one's duty to see to the needs of one's own household. However, there are times when a single mother needs help with a growing son, for example, when it would be very appropriate to call on a male relative for advice or intervention.

What if she had had a child with husband number two? Then what?

Her brain would have exploded. Or something bad would have happened to the kid. I'm pretty sure it's Biblical that God hates kids born from "adultery".

Her brain would have exploded. Or something bad would have happened to the kid. I'm pretty sure it's Biblical that God hates kids born from "adultery".

The curse lasts ten generations I believe for children born in sin. I'll look that up to before I finally go to bed. But I was more or less curious as to whether she would have bought into this bullshit so easily if she had had a child with him.

ETA: Here we go. Deuteronomy 23:2

No one born of a forbidden marriage (or one of illegitimate birth) nor any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the Lord, not even in the tenth generation.

I went back a few pages on the church website and found this...

2-6-11%2B039.jpg

It looks like they are cooking her! BURN THE WITCH!

What do you suppose they get out of breaking up second marriages? Power? What?

And utterly dependent cult followers .... the very best kind.

Well, since the second marriages are adultery, and, I'm guessing, there's no going back to their first marriages, then you have an entire flock filled with repressed sexual needs. Forced celibacy is not normal, but that energy has to come out somewhere.

I wonder how long that church will function. I can't imagine people giving up sex or even just regular intimacy (hugs, kisses) for 40+ years, kwim?

In Jewish law, he'd be an adult from age 13 onward (it's 12 for girls). It's where the wackos like "Married at 12"'s cult get the idea from. In practice though, it only counts for participation and responsibility in services and ritual practices.

Well, since the second marriages are adultery, and, I'm guessing, there's no going back to their first marriages, then you have an entire flock filled with repressed sexual needs. Forced celibacy is not normal, but that energy has to come out somewhere.

I wonder how long that church will function. I can't imagine people giving up sex or even just regular intimacy (hugs, kisses) for 40+ years, kwim?

They're only adultery if the spouse isn't dead right? Because widows are free to remarry. So if the ex husband dies, are the women then allowed to remarry? Are only the women bound to this or are men not allowed to remarry? If the man remarries and the new wife doesn't know about his past, and he is forced to divorce her because of this, is she now now allowed to marry bc it would be adultery or does the first married for her not count since he shouldn't have been able to marry her anyway? And what about abuse? Even the Campbells support divorce in terms of domestic violence and extreme infidelity. So many questions!!

Seriously, though, living in the basement? Someone will call CPS. Frankly, I'm surprised someone hasn't already.

Seriously, though, living in the basement? Someone will call CPS. Frankly, I'm surprised someone hasn't already.

Basement apartments are likely legal in most parts of the country. I know they are in my town and I know there were in several towns I lived in in CA.

Archived