IGNORED

Daniel & Candice Keller got a baby!

Deleted07

Anyway, what I wanted to point out is that Daniel's and Candice's little pro-life, pro-adaption video probably reflects the point of view they have taken during their time of TTC and not necessarily the fundie upbringing.

I would say their fundie upbringing comes into play, but that their difficulties in TTC may have reinforced those beliefs.

I have seen on a few general forums some women (who were having trouble TTC) become damnright angry and verbally violent towards women who were considering an abortion (or had aborted) or who had mixed feelings about their pregnancy or even their children (like if they expressed they were having a hard time or parenting was not as expected). It was almost like they held others responsible for their own infertility and would slam any one who even mentioned they were exhausted/tired with a colicky baby because "they would thank god to have a colicky baby to hold". Used to drive me crazy and I avoid any forums where there is a TTC component these days (easy to do since I am childfree anyway).

Anyway, abortion is not an "easy way out". Adoption is not simply the "answer" to abortion and it comes with many of its own issues, including a girl or woman having to experience a pregnancy, and potential health or childbirth complications, as well as other emotional issues. Adoption does not always result in happy endings for babies, birth parents or biological parents, and it is a choice that needs to also be well thought out and considered by birth parents and potential adoptive parents alike.

I hope the birth mother is doing well, and yeah, that she was not pressured into a decision she was not very comfortable with.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say their fundie upbringing comes into play, but that their difficulties in TTC may have reinforced those beliefs.

:doh: :oops: Given the Duggar connection, I read TTC as "tater tot casserole." It took me a minute to figure it out.

:doh: :oops: Given the Duggar connection, I read TTC as "tater tot casserole." It took me a minute to figure it out.

:lol: I think I am going to substitute TTC with "tater tot casserole" everytime I see it from now on. Depending on the sentence it is in, it should be good for some giggles.

Video that Candice uploaded:

AEbtBUyxLcM

Not overly happy with the anti abortion sentiments, saying:

"Adoption made our dreams come true. Thank You to every birthmom who chose not to take the easy way out".

and going on to say; over 1.5 Million couples want to adopt, while 1.6 Million pregnancies are being terminated.

:? While they are not under the Gothard/ATI/IBLP cult, they clearly still subscribed to some of the conservative values, which I guess is to be expected considering how they were raised. However, I just hope they realize there are good reasons for some people to abort, and that it certainly isn't an "easy way out". :|

Sigh..

Because women who choose abortion do so on the drop of a hat, right after picking out a new nail polish.

I think everyone touched on the points I was planning to make, but I just want to emphasize that nobody is owed a baby, and nobody has an obligation to supply babies to people who want them.

I think everyone touched on the points I was planning to make, but I just want to emphasize that nobody is owed a baby, and nobody has an obligation to supply babies to people who want them.

Amen. The entitlement just drives me insane.

He's a beautiful baby...tiny little fella. Reminds me of my son when he was born.

Thank you. I couldn't agree more.

This was my thinking when I named my son Parker. I know it's trendy as hell

Late to the party, but this just cracked me up, because that's my dad's name. He turns 86 this Friday.

That's...interesting. Any idea why, or is this just one of those random things?

Sorry, I don't know why white males are at the bottom of the NICU survival chain, but I've heard that expression from at least a dozen NICUs.

I have seen on a few general forums some women (who were having trouble TTC) become damnright angry and verbally violent towards women who were considering an abortion (or had aborted) or who had mixed feelings about their pregnancy or even their children (like if they expressed they were having a hard time or parenting was not as expected). It was almost like they held others responsible for their own infertility and would slam any one who even mentioned they were exhausted/tired with a colicky baby because "they would thank god to have a colicky baby to hold". Used to drive me crazy and I avoid any forums where there is a TTC component these days (easy to do since I am childfree anyway).

It is natural for those who are TTC and infertiles to be angry in a baby-crazy world. So many children are not taken care of. Saying parents are the only ones who have a right to complain is imposing a double standard. I don't think infertile and TTC are asking for anyone to give them babies -just understanding. There may be some but radical are in all groups -radical parents who think their stuff don't stink and everybody owes them because they gave birth

Yeah, but trying to understand the struggles of TTC/infertile people can't involve "never ever saying anything negative about my childraising experience in a public place". That's not a realistic ask. Parenting, from my observation and from babysitting S&S, is tough. People are going to vent. There's a fairly clear difference between venting and taunting.

Yeah, but trying to understand the struggles of TTC/infertile people can't involve "never ever saying anything negative about my childraising experience in a public place". That's not a realistic ask. Parenting, from my observation and from babysitting S&S, is tough. People are going to vent. There's a fairly clear difference between venting and taunting.

I guess the main issue is the double standard. It seems when infertile/ttc/ childless by choice complain they are believed to be bitter and angry. One UK writer published an article called "Mothers stop your Moaning" . She immediatley got slammed. Why can certain 'groups; have a voice and others not? To infertile or TTC, it is like if one of your friends or family got a yacht and constantly complained about how tough owning a yacht is when you can't afford one. I recall another article where CEOs in New York complained about how hard being upper middle class is and taking pay cuts. Apples and oranges I know but I am illustrating a point. I guess we all complain about something but it has to stop at some point or you will annoy other people.

I am thrilled, for once, at a baby announcement on the Snark page. Names are names; my kid came with one, and could speak, so I could only remove the 5 superfluous vowels that came with her trendee name.

Having been on both sides of the "desperately TTC" and "moaning mommy", they both have their challenges. No one is owed a child, to be sure, but when you want one more than breathing, it hurts to see sister in laws, etc. having kid after kid like they're cats, but, guess what? I never expected the world to stop having babies or talking about them for me. Having children, despite what mommy bloggers might have you think, happens every day, and has since people have existed. I think when you cannot have something, you are far more sensitive when you hear about it, as you are pretty damned focused on it. I recommend finding sisters in the same situation to talk to, in general. At least you can have a bitter off :) It sucked. I coped.

Right now, I have a whiny kid, and a headache, and a missing cat, and that sucks. I guess I am just a bitter hag!

Exactly Angri-la, that was what I was trying to say. I'm childless/childfree and I get status updates all the time from FB friends which are basically "look at the cute pic of my kid doing cute things/saying cute things". One guy in particular used to post about politics until baby appeared. Now he updates his profile pic as said baby grows and changes and posts exclusively about baby and the cute things it does. If I was TTC, that would maybe be difficult to deal with, but he doesn't mean it - he's just trying to share his happiness with his mates. It's a real balancing act. I shake my head indulgently and scroll on, but it could be seriously upsetting for some people.

roddma, I read the article - Bibi Lynch in the Grauniad, right? I have to admit, I did find it rather ridiculous. SHE's having a really tough time of it so NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED ONE. Especially not if they're a mum, because mothers are worshipped and adored by everyone in society and no one ever, say, complains about single mums as being feckless and pregnant teens as being sluts and complains at the mere sight of a child in a restaurant. Not to mention post natal depression (which she claims to understand despite never being a mum and it's not really that important, is it? Not when you have a tiny chubby baybee), accidents/injuries happening to your child, constant worries about child (developing properly? in trouble at school? colic? serious illness?), general bad behaviour....the list goes on and is endless.

I feel, and this is from the perspective of someone who is childfree and would probably struggle to conceive even if I wanted to, that she's seeing motherhood as floating on a wisp of pink cloud rather than the hard slog it can sometimes be. I bet if she had a kid she'd want to hand it back sometimes too. They don't stay tiny, chubby, cute babies who do adorable things. What if the long awaited baby appeared and had Downs? CP? Serious disability, so that she spent the rest of her life with a child with the mind of a newborn? I think she's torturing herself with what can't be, and I feel sorry for her, but the answer isn't "mums, shut up! I'm suffering here."

Then there are what is called' smug parent' bloggers who knock everyone down that doesn't worship their child. We get it-your parents. Yea we don't mind you blabbing about your kid sometimes. And we sympathize when they are sick but don't spend an hour complaining about how you spent half an hour cleaning little Johnny or Susie up after splashing through a mud puddle. No one owes you a medal.

I think the author's feeling are like any other childless person's. Their feelings are driven by shame stemming from a stigma that paints a negative picture of childless people. It would like a bald person feeling ashamed of having no hairi in beauty-razed world. Their anger would be derived from this stigma though they may understand it doesn't keep others from growing hair. Could it be parents who constantly belittle others for not worshiping them are displeased with their lives? I find that common on large family blogs. Their choices caught up with them; a choice they had control over.

The fuck is with these names? He sounds like a prep school.

He is not a prep school.. He is a child. The name "Brighton" means 'the one who is loved'. He was called "the problem" "the unwanted fetus" ... When we came across this name we felt it was perfect because we loved him so much! Thanks

Anna Duggars 'shunned' brother, Daniel, and his wife, Candice, baby was born today. I think somebody mentioned previously that they were either adopting or using a surrogate for their baby. (I'm sure someone can confirm) Point being he was born 6 weeks early today. Pics on Daniels facebook.

He was 3lbs 12oz named Brighton Gabriel Keller and Daddy is very proud and delighted as is Mommy Candice!

Congratulations to them!

318749_396601367071156_159105709_a.jpg

276119_1309627531_1354868418_n.jpg

531428_397035293694430_1757652712_a.jpg

396809_397293727001920_1461284377_a.jpg

376283_397362696995023_261360803_a.jpg

560917_396539373744022_195838357_a.jpg

Sincerely wish them every happiness with their family outside of 'fundiedom'.

he was 4lb 1oz!

So are Josh and Rebekah super fundies? What's the story on Daniel and Candice?

So you know my name.. why not message me and get "the story" from the source?!

I am so happy for this little baby and new family. What is the ultimate importance is this new life - not what happened at the beginning of his gestation. Sadly, some of the responses sound like some posters begrudge his birth because the mom originally wanted to abort. Clearly, and thankfully, she changed her mind.

I always think of my first cousin, who is adopted, saying if she ever met her birth mother she knew exactly what she would say - "Thank you for not having an abortion."

Congratulations, Daniel and Candice. Brighton is a beautiful baby.

I just snooped on Candice's facebook, the only church or religion related page she 'likes' on facebook is "Palmetto Land Baptist Church" which promotes "Common Sense Christianity". So seems they are just mainstream baptist Christians if they are practising. :-)

I dont like snooping.... If you want to know something about me... you obviously found my fb.. why not sent me a message and ask me?!

Info on their baby, apparently it was a private adoption:

This one really irks me... Get your facts straight!!! My brother got a girl pregnant.. they couldnt take care of the baby so they were planning an abortion.. When I found out about the baby I simply asked if they would be willing to let us adopt the baby since it was my niece or nephew. Simple as that.. There was no 'talking out of an abortion'!?!

Oi, this gives me mixed feelings. I don't really like the fact that the first mom seems to have been coerced. I'm not the biggest fan of adoption in general (I don't think every adoption is negative or bad) and it is situations like these that continue to make me feel uneasy about it. :?

However, Brighton is here now, and he is a cute baby and it seems like C&D will love the baby. My one big hope is they are completely open with little Brighton that he is adopted and honor the first mother.

NO ONE WAS COERCED!!! geezzz... wtf?!

How can it be a private adoption if D&C (how ironic) knew the woman who wanted to abort? I also wonder if said woman is related to the Keller side of the family or Candice's? I tend to think the latter, only because they are living in her neck of the woods, so to speak.

So there Anna, Christians with pro-life leanings CAN have unnatural hair colors. :mrgreen:

Its called a 'private adoption' because it is not through an agency.. dumb ass!! The baby is biologically my nephew to answer your ?..

Hey, at least if they counseled her not to abort, they walked their talk and are raising him. They didn't talk her out of it and leave her when he was born.

Congratulations! And, Mrs. Keller, Senior, I hope you defy your husband and have an active role in this little guy's life. You always seem so happy to be around your grandchildren.

I hope she does too! However, very doubtful

Archived