IGNORED

Daniel & Candice Keller got a baby!

Deleted07

What you don't seem to be getting is that FJ is a snark board, not an "escaping fundieworld support group". IMO the FJists have been taken in one too many times from people who they've tried to help escape fundiedom. 99% of the time people who come here and tell of the terrible time they're having trying to escape fundiedom are trolls/attention whores/both. Can you blame us for being a bit wary and not rushing forward with open arms every time a wild fundie or fundie relative appears?

For example, AD. The sad tale of a girl trying to escape a fundie upbringing. FJ poured out huge amounts of time and resource finding. Trying to help, offering support and advice on everything from places to stay to college funding. Look how that one turned out. And MamaAnt, as Angri-la mentioned, wasn't precisely a success story.

I also am thoroughly confused by this idea that we're obliged to be nice to people who thoroughly detest us and would take huge chunks of our lives away from us, including our rights to hold down a job and even our rights to our own body. Leading people to the light by being jolly decent and sharing all your toys works in children's books, but in real life sometimes you gotta kick em inna fork to get their attention. This is the function FJ performs.

All of this.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my experiences on other boards, I'd guess the "waves" are a result of the mod(s) who can approve newbies doing so in bunches when they happen to be online. I don't know the structure of the hierarchy, save Aletco the Queen, but I'm sure a couple of the other mods can also approve noobs, but aren't online very frequently, hence the deluges.

Be nice to Jana814. I know her from TWOP and she's definitely NOT a fundie troll. :D

Nope, I hop on the admin board and activate all the new members every day.

Fundie handslappers....orgasms....just NOOOOOO!

Hmmm....they must be hearing of us from another source, although we take measures to ensure hits aren't traced back here.

Maybe it's as simple as "our reputation precedes us" and that a lot of the main bloggers and their leghumpers are aware of our presence. :mrgreen:

Fundie handslappers....orgasms....just NOOOOOO!

Hmmm....they must be hearing of us from another source, although we take measures to ensure hits aren't traced back here.

Maybe it's as simple as "our reputation precedes us" and that a lot of the main bloggers and their leghumpers are aware of our presence. :mrgreen:

:happy-jumpeveryone: Let's hope that's it!

Nope, I hop on the admin board and activate all the new members every day.

Are we allowing registration again? It was nice and quiet for like .5 seconds. I miss that.

I was all Team Keller until she came on here and got all pissy. We need to stop being nice because it just gets us shit on.

We need a sticky newbie handslappy thread, like the one for Genie and that other one Experienced started.

Are we allowing registration again? It was nice and quiet for like .5 seconds. I miss that.

Yup, opened back up a few days ago.

We need a sticky newbie handslappy thread, like the one for Genie and that other one Experienced started.

I should NOT be the one to write this. The other mods and admins would be much more welcoming and far less snarky than I.

Especially when you couple "the adoption is no good" belief with their stance on abortion. So what happens to all the children who were not aborted, yet are unwanted-by-their-parents? Do fundies believe God wants millions of abused and/or homeless children? Sometimes they just don't think things through.

This is so logical I am sure it escapes them.

Anyone else happen to catch that Brighton has a Facebook?!

:/

Just another reason for Candice to get all hand slappy over folks talking about her and her family.

Oh wow!! That is why "adotion" has such a horrible image! Women were forced to give their children away. It is so sad. Now a days open adoptions are getting more and more common. We plan on having an open adoption with Brighton and his birthmom. I feel it is healthy for everyone involved. A friend of mine posted a video on adoption on youtube, you should look it up. Its called "The Agape Project". She focuses on how much love there is in adoption. I think its healthy when adoptive parents and birth parents have a mutual respect for one another. I am glad things worked out for you! Yikes.. Menopause :o haha aweful thing

I am late to this party and not sure you are still around, but yes, lots of women and even married couples were forced to give their children away. In the state of Tennessee during the 30s,40s and 50s, there was a woman named Georgia Tann who coerced uneducated and poor people into placing their children for adoption, often misrepresenting that she would care for them until the parents could return for them, and in multiple instances selling these babies outright.

I practiced law for almost 25 years and the heartbreak surrounding unwanted children is difficult at times to deal with. There are many, many, many children who need homes, not just babies.

Archived