IGNORED

Layout of the Duggar house

FaeT

Mary and JL lived there while he was still alive. He died in that house. I don't remember her leaving and then coming back. How did I miss that??

I didn't think about that aspect though, of JB cutting her off. That's probably a big part of it. I can totally see him doing that, too. "She broke from the Lord and decided to leave the family. That's her choice and we are sorry to see her leave." Making it out to look like she was the bad guy and abandoned them. That's exactly what he would do.

I know this has been expressed before, but I've been thinking about this, and I really don't believe Amy was around before they started filming. I don't know that anyone was really around much before the filming. No one supported their "lets have as many babies as possible and worry about how to pay for it later" attitude.

They treat Mary like crap. I can only image how much they'll trash her when she dies :(

Mary and JL moved in when he got really sick, so she could have help caring for him (and do a zillion loads of laundry a day).

I don't know when and how it became permanent, wether she moved out after he died then moved back in or just stayed there.

Mary and JL could both have lived with Amy and Deanna before his illness, I know Amy's parents didn't marry til long after she was born, so maybe Deanna moved back in with her parents when Amy was born.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't Amy's last name actually Jordyn? That's her father's last name. I think she just uses the Duggar name because it's known and will win her big time in the christian world.

And isn't Jordyn named after that last name? It's definitely different to use a "y" and not an "a". (And personally, it's a boy's name) But they are getting more .. creative .. with their naming. Josie Brooklyn? Brooklyn? Seriously?

I do remember the episodes where he was extremely ill. They made him this birthday cake thing and he couldn't even move. Mary had to bring him out in a chair and then feed them. Very sad. And I remember JB saying that she called over the intercom to tell them he had passed. I just don't remember her moving out after that.

They always lived nearby. I know that. On one of their road trip specials - before the series started - they only got a few miles before realizing they would need a second vehicle. They called Mary and JL. He was perfectly fine then. He was driving!! Amazing how in a year or so he was unable to move or feed himself.

I really hope he was consulted before the fact, but I somehow doubt he was, and they just filmed him because it would make them look like caring people and bring up ratings. There was no need to show a man's last days like that.

And isn't Jordyn named after that last name? It's definitely different to use a "y" and not an "a".
I'm pretty sure it actually is Jordan. The Jordan/Jordyn thing is a little odd.
But they are getting more .. creative .. with their naming. Josie Brooklyn? Brooklyn? Seriously?
The older girls got worldlier and started having more say in baby names as time got on, hence more "teen mom" names.

I'm gonna sound totally ignorant but what did Grandpa Duggar die of? I googled it and couldn't find anything.

Maybe someday Grandma will help a few of the kids escape

Jim Bob expects instant joyful obedience from all his kids, even Josh. And yet he completely disrespects his own father. What a tool.

Ironic isn't it

I'm gonna sound totally ignorant but what did Grandpa Duggar die of? I googled it and couldn't find anything.

Maybe someday Grandma will help a few of the kids escape

A brain tumor. He was fine for a while after diagnosis then deteriorated really quickly (on screen, for all the world to see).

A brain tumor. He was fine for a while after diagnosis then deteriorated really quickly (on screen, for all the world to see).

:(

Isn't Amy's last name actually Jordyn? That's her father's last name. I think she just uses the Duggar name because it's known and will win her big time in the christian world.

And isn't Jordyn named after that last name? It's definitely different to use a "y" and not an "a". (And personally, it's a boy's name) But they are getting more .. creative .. with their naming. Josie Brooklyn? Brooklyn? Seriously?

I do remember the episodes where he was extremely ill. They made him this birthday cake thing and he couldn't even move. Mary had to bring him out in a chair and then feed them. Very sad. And I remember JB saying that she called over the intercom to tell them he had passed. I just don't remember her moving out after that.

They always lived nearby. I know that. On one of their road trip specials - before the series started - they only got a few miles before realizing they would need a second vehicle. They called Mary and JL. He was perfectly fine then. He was driving!! Amazing how in a year or so he was unable to move or feed himself.

I really hope he was consulted before the fact, but I somehow doubt he was, and they just filmed him because it would make them look like caring people and bring up ratings. There was no need to show a man's last days like that.

I'm not sure he was even aware what was going on for his last birthday. Michelle said he understood, but I don't know. And even if he did, Smuggar had to steal the thunder and make the day all about him by announcing that Anna was pregnant. If JL did understand, he was probably thinking "Oh shit, here we go again".

Michelle really did think it made them look like caring people, but she couldn't be more wrong. I was apalled. Mary should not have let that happen. Do they really believe that exploiting JB's dying father for money they don't need will get them to heaven, but we're all going to hell for wearing shorts?

I'm not sure he was even aware what was going on for his last birthday. Michelle said he understood, but I don't know. And even if he did, Smuggar had to steal the thunder and make the day all about him by announcing that Anna was pregnant. If JL did understand, he was probably thinking "Oh shit, here we go again".

Michelle really did think it made them look like caring people, but she couldn't be more wrong. I was apalled. Mary should not have let that happen. Do they really believe that exploiting JB's dying father for money they don't need will get them to heaven, but we're all going to hell for wearing shorts?

Well they think it's immodest to wear trousers but fine for Michelle and Anna to give birth in front of a TLC crew for international audiences, so yes.

I keep trying to justify this in my head. "Maybe he wanted to show the world what his disease was like" "Maybe Mary really did need the help and did her best to ignore the camera. It's not like she ever did an 'interview'" "Maybe they're all just that screwed up that they don't know how to show that they really do care for him" "Maybe Josh thought it would brighten his grandfathers day by announcing a new generation. Maybe that would give him a stronger will to live" But I know that's all bullshit. Someone very close to me has a brain tumor. Watching JL die didn't give me any sort of peace with an idea of what to expect. It scared the hell out of me. And Mary could have just as easily moved in with Deanna and Terry. She didn't have to go to JBs house. They obviously don't care for him just based on the way they treated him. And Josh is way to smug to think it would make his grandfather happy. He did that to steal the show. I really can not think of one justified reason to show all that they did. If you want to mention that Mary and JL live there now bc JL is sick and Mary needs the help, then fine. But there's just no reason to parade him around like that. None at all.

What episodes does Grandpa Duggar show up in? I haven't watched forever, but I am curious.

I remember once he came on TV and said something to the sound of "I don't like them having so many kids." If that was his opinion, I can't imagine he enjoyed being front and center for their show.

What episodes does Grandpa Duggar show up in? I haven't watched forever, but I am curious.

I remember once he came on TV and said something to the sound of "I don't like them having so many kids." If that was his opinion, I can't imagine he enjoyed being front and center for their show.

He was in the episode "when big families collide" from 17kac. I think he's in the wedding episode, too. He also in "Duggars big thaw" from 18kac. This is when he's paraded to eat birthday cake and then Josh and Anna announce the pregnancy. The next episode "duggars say goodbye" is when he dies. He's also in one their pre series specials for a few moments. I believe it was "on the road with 16 children", which is then highlighted on "duggars big family album" which features Jennifer's birth at the end.

ETA: The "when big families collide" episode is when he said he didn't like them having so many children. That's really the main show he's in from what I remember.

:(

Makes me think of my grandpa. He was diagnosed with lung cancer and deteriorated really quickly too. My family had his casket closed because they knew he wouldn't want people to see him in such a deteriorated state. They would have definitely asked him if they could put him on TV if he was in such a deteriorated state. If he said no, they wouldn't put him on TV.

Archived