IGNORED

Big Brother

MandyLaLa

I agree.

For Thursday's episode:

Yeah, the obsession is alarming. I was hoping Amber might try and use it to turn a couple of votes against him. Or even vote against him herself! I wish these women were better at game strategy.

Thursday night feeds:

Of course Bomb Squad people won both HOHs. Of course. And nominated all women.

:angry-banghead:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree.

For Thursday's episode:

Yeah, the obsession is alarming. I was hoping Amber might try and use it to turn a couple of votes against him. Or even vote against him herself! I wish these women were better at game strategy.

Thursday night feeds:

Of course Bomb Squad people won both HOHs. Of course. And nominated all women.

:angry-banghead:

Yeah... :roll: Also I somehow didn't realize that Brittany is kind of a complete bitch.

I've had to cut down on the live feed stuff, because I get overinvested in the micro-dramas and my blood pressure suffers. :lol: Then whatever it was that had me on the edge of my seat doesn't even make it to the broadcast show!

I'm not sure what to think of Brittany. I really, really want to root for a woman contestant (Christine's weasel-iness disappointed me early on) and for a minute I thought Brittany might be able figure out how the game works and challenge the men. Guess not. Maybe all the complaining is her frustration coming out.

Ooh What micro-dramas? Beyond Caleb's creepy psycho obsession with Amber?

I'm just annoyed with Brittany's cattiness. She thinks she's above everyone (especially Cody and Victoria) and comes off sounding like she just never grew out of high school. I never got the impression that Cody doesn't like her because she's not "all over him." And her comments about that did truly offend him. And she's just really two-faced with Victoria and reminds me of one girl who bullied me in middle and high school. I kind of want Victoria to come out from behind and just kick everyone's ass.

I'm absolutely in love with the Zach/Frankie Bromance. Team Zankie! Even though I find Frankie on his own to be obnoxious.

This comment will be all over the place, because I have a lot of feelings. You have been warned. :lol:

Sorry, HPF, I don't remember what the microdramas were, but there's always something. I wish they made it to air, because the garbage they show on air is waaay more boring!

I took a break from the feeds & blogs because I get caught up in a cycle of overinvestment followed by disappointment. Blog/feed chatter was making me crazy! My opinion on each houseguest varies somewhat from day to day and week to week, but I'm beginning to despise (hyperbole FTW) them all, except maybe Donny.

I was excited about Zankie, too, keen2. A gay showmance! That's new and interesting for network reality tv. But I've never cared for Frankie on his own; he's a weasel. I did like Zach a lot on his own; I rarely enjoy watching assholes behave as such, but he seemed pretty benign and actually pretty kind/decent deep down, and silly shenanigans that turn the house upside down are the reason I watch the show to begin with. I loved the drama around Devin and his HOH-itis, as they call it on the blogs. They should have evicted creeper Caleb and kept erratic, but essentially harmless, Devin, imo. Devin's neurosis combined with Zach's pot stirring could've been some really good tv.

But. Zach's 'froot loop dingus' zinger went over like a lead balloon. Based on the comments at my favorite bb gossip site: http://ontdbb.livejournal.com/, I was looking forward to something, um, dramatic. I need a thesaurus, lol. I quit following the live feed chatter when it became apparent that Team America was going to get Zach to try again by "starting an argument" with Amber at the Veto Ceremony, and everything just feels so sexist and gross. Telling her she's interfering with Caleb's game, and she should date/kiss/fuck him because he's been so nice to her. Just typing that makes me want to cry.

There's been an undercurrent of "these girls should vote our way because they're girls, and we're men, duh" running through the whole season. Remember liberal Joey apologizing to Caleb for having the audacity to try and form a women's alliance?

But my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to watch last night's episode. Through nefarious channels, so CBS doesn't feel encouraged, haha. I usually watch on cbs.com, giving them page views, ad revenue, etc. I had to quit just a few minutes in, because I was super turned off by this Hayden-Nicole-Victoria "triangle". Does this season pass the Bechdel test? I doubt it. Barf.

I have a whole lot more to say about this goddamn show, but my dinner is ready and I've grumbled enough. I will close by saying Nicole's voice makes me think of Anna Duggar, in the worst possible way. HAAAAYDUUUNNNNNUH!!!! :pull-hair:

tl;dr: I rage quit this season, but it's probably only temporary. Damn you, Big Brother

Yeah, the whole "Amber should be nice to/kiss/fuck Caleb because he's nice to her and threw a comp for her" makes me want to throw something at them and scream. The sexism on this show is making me not want to watch. We get one girl who wants the girls to band together (Joey) and she's thrown off for having the audacity to think women can work together.

Do you think Zach's going to pull off a miracle and be saved? I'm so meh about Jocasta. She'll never win it all, so why keep her around?

I was glad to see some gameplay and strategy from somebody besides Christine and Frankie (because they're rats like Andy last year) or Derrick (because he's boring and I want him to actually work for the $500K that he'll no doubt win). imo ymmv of course

Looking forward to the double eviction tonight. That should bring some drama.

I'm watching the live feed and I feel so bad for Zach. He is very depressed. I'm actually crying :cry: . I think production should step in. This is awful.

I'm watching the live feed and I feel so bad for Zach. He is very depressed. I'm actually crying :cry: . I think production should step in. This is awful.

I haven't watched the live feed. What's going on with him?

Lawd help me. Outside of Donny, I pretty much cannot stand anyone thIs season. I barely watch the feeds, half ass watch After Dark, and watch a bit of the episodes. The most boring and unlikable cast this season. Blah.

I haven't watched the live feed. What's going on with him?

Feeds Spoilers

My take is that he is/was taking the end of Zankie pretty hard (Kira's comment is from a week ago, immediately after the NFL comp that Caleb boycotted and Zach's big fight with Frankie/I'm a SOCIAL MEDIA MOGUL announcement; Frankie said some pretty horrible things that didn't all make it to CBS). Based on feed recaps here: http://thebigbrotherforum.com/test/2014 ... ng-update/ Zach crying in bed would've been right before he ranted in the kitchen (I'm not judging, I just can't find a better word right now) about how Frankie will win BB because he's playing for kids in Africa. I presume he then went to the Diary Room for what was the most sincere talking head I've seen on this show in many years.

Here's one fan's hypothesis: http://ontdbb.livejournal.com/4207667.h ... t383382835

Spoiler for unsubstantiated superfan accusations against production; ***NOT A GAMEPLAY SPOILER***

One popular theory is that some houseguests' ADD/ADHD and anxiety medications aren't doled out properly and their mental health (and gameplay, consquently) suffers for it. I haven't seen any evidence to support this myself. There was a lot of the same talk last season, too.

lmao the superfans have a lot of feelings and so many conspiracy theories and I get sucked in eeeeevery time, that's why I had to quit the feeds

I'm so confused. Haha, I missed so much from missing the last couple episodes. Why did everything with Frankie blow up? Is that on an episode?

And if that superfan accusation against production is true, then that's reprehensible. And kind of inhumane and illegal sounding.

I'm so confused. Haha, I missed so much from missing the last couple episodes. Why did everything with Frankie blow up? Is that on an episode?

And if that superfan accusation against production is true, then that's reprehensible. And kind of inhumane and illegal sounding.

Aw man my post was full of spoilers from Wednesday night, sorry. I've asked the mods to add a spoiler. You should definitely watch the Wednesday episode.

And I agree about the superfan allegations. I've read some really upsetting allegations and it's really hard for me to tell if they're being serious or sarcastic. :(

• 3 weeks later...

So I stopped watching/caring about BB this season and decided to go to hamster watch to see what's happening, and omg wtf Frankie:

thewire.com/entertainment/2014/09/breaking-down-how-ariana-grandes-brother-frankie-became-big-brothers-most-hated/379465/

"Women who have been with man after man after man after man choose to become a lesbian later in life," he told his fellow houseguests. "Gay men, it doesn't work so much that way." (And Caleb of all people calls him out on that)

And made a rape joke.

Frankie is vile. He suggested that two of the guys rape Victoria and take her virginity. Honestly, I am getting sick and damn tired of CBS and Allison Grodner castings these types of disgusting people and allowing them to spew their vileness without consequence. Frankie should be out of the house. Full stop.

He's just...ugh. Disgusting. I don't think he realizes he's hated more than the racist homophobic house guests from last year. I sincerely hope when he exists the house he is greeted by everyone booing and that all his little YouTube fans see him for who he really is.

Victoria may be a weak player, but that does not mean she deserves any of the middle school bullying that she has had to deal with in her time in the house, and no one deserves to be on the receiving end of any sort of comment about rape. The fact that Frankie even thought of that in the first place, and then said it, says a lot about him.

• 9 months later...

Who's watching? I've seen a couple of FJers mention it here and there. I don't have the live feeds, but I love to know what's happening on them--it's interesting to see what happens in real time before the editors put their spin on things. I've seen the first two episodes and I know roughly what will happen in the next episode, as far as who got nominated, haves and have nots, etc. but there are too many J names and I don't have a good idea of who's who or their personalities yet.

I am. At least for now. Too soon (and these people are a mess from the feeds and updates I'm reading) to sort out who I like and who I don't. Although some are already on my dang but you annoy me list.

• 2 weeks later...

Big Brother has been my summer obsessions for a couple of summers. I like this season a lot more than last season so far. I read the live feed up dates time to time, but don't watch them. John is my favorite so far even though he seems to be a floater right now! Find an alliance dude.

Archived