IGNORED

God's Daughter on Why You Shouldn't Flirt.

xDreamerx

throughtwoblueeyes said...

Good post. I'm glad I never been flirted with--I again praise God He's always placed godly young men in my circles. :)

:lol:

I cant read her 'About me' description without putting on the voice of the 'Summer Blockbuster guy' and reading it as an intro to a particularly bad movie

This summer..... stumble across the blog of a young woman who is on fire for her LORD and Savior...

This summer....a young woman only cares about where she stands in His eyes....

This summer... a young woman wants YOU to know how much she loves her LORD...

This is the blog of God's Daughter...

Could it get any more hyperbolic and self aggrandizing?

and could we have a smilie that applies chapstick?

I was searching her blog and found a guest post by a young man named, Forrest. I have to admit some of what he wrote made me laugh a little.

Occupation: I don't really have an official occupation yet but I do a bit of carpentry and landscaping.

Hobbies: painting and music

Favorite book: don't got one

Favorite movie: don't got one

Something you look forward to every day: Wow! Now that I think about it, I don't really have something I look forward to... :P

1) What are your thoughts on modesty?

I guess there's a sort of balance you can find. You don't wanna dress in a way that gives the impression that all you can think about is what you'll be doing that night. but I also don't think there's anything wrong with looking hot. :) It's really about what kinda guys you wanna attract. Because there are creeps out there. And they will look at you the wrong way if you let them.

2) Some of us feel that we either give too much effort, or not enough, in worrying about the way we dress. What is your suggestion to how you wish girls would dress? What do you like to see girls wearing?

Some people say that it's wrong for girls to wear some things like lace or skirts that go above the knees because it will tempt guys to... be not good in the way they think. I say guys, learn a little self control. But, if you're in a conversation with a girl you should be able to look her in the face no matter what she's wearing. As for the way I like to see girls dress... I think girls should just be girlie. You know cute dresses and pink ribbons and all that... girlie stuff.

3) How do you feel about girls wearing makeup?

Whatever. I don't care if girls wear makeup or not.

4) A lot of girls worry about looking chic around guys…but what do you consider pretty?

It is sort of sad when a girl where's something just to get attention. I means that their not confident enough in their own personality. But girls, if wanna wear something just cuz you think it looks cute on you, PLEASE just wear it. Don't worry about it. Be careful, but don't stress.

5) Do guys ever notice changes in girls? Hair styles, clothes, etc.?

It totally depends on the girl. Or the change in style. Like if a girl shaved all the hair off the top of her head I would probably notice.

I haven't read the rest of his post but he sounds pretty normal.

Okay, Forrest lost me here, but he is only 17. I'm not certain where he got the idea that independent means emotionless.

6)What is something that you want/look for, the most, in your future wife?

Some girls seem to have this sort of mother-complex or something. Where they feel like it's their duty to make a better man out of their husband. :P That's the thing I fear the most. If a girls isn't happy with a guy the way he is, then don't marry him. What I would like (and really this is what I think most guys want) is a girl who will trust me and look up to me as her knight-in-shining armor. :) Guys live for that moment when they can feel like that knight. We feel our best when we've just assisted a pretty girl in need. That's what our life revolves around. It's our purpose for existence. Even the smallest things can make boys feel that much more manly. Like when a girl squeezes our arm or lies her head on our shoulder.

If we had no girls to assist we would be like robots without any programming. We become nothing but zombies. So, I guess the kind of girl I want is someone without pride. Someone who doesn't feel like she has to be independent emotionless and all "I can do it myself." Of course I don't mean that I want some helpless whimp. I just want someone who will look up at me those deep blue need-you-eyes (that actually came from a song. I just like the way is sounds) that tell me she thinks the world of me. And she's gotta be fun and silly…and intelligent too. :D

2) Some of us feel that we either give too much effort, or not enough, in worrying about the way we dress. What is your suggestion to how you wish girls would dress? What do you like to see girls wearing?

Some people say that it's wrong for girls to wear some things like lace or skirts that go above the knees because it will tempt guys to... be not good in the way they think. I say guys, learn a little self control. But, if you're in a conversation with a girl you should be able to look her in the face no matter what she's wearing. As for the way I like to see girls dress... I think girls should just be girlie. You know cute dresses and pink ribbons and all that... girlie stuff

That's cute on a five year old :side eyes:

ETA: Found an adult dress 6252_Kasey_Black_Corset_Dress.jpg

I would love to know just how she makes the distinction of "the line" when it comes to flirting. There is no such thing. All this Godly stuff makes it seem like there's a distinct difference, when from another's perspective that isn't true. I remember once being accused of flirting with a friend of mine (who I very much was NOT flirting with AT ALL EVAR!!!1!!eleventy) because "you bat your eyelashes at me all the time, it drives me crazy."

I have chronic dry eye. Diagnosed. I blink a lot. And yes, my lashes are long. Am I supposed to trim them?

She's deluding herself if she thinks that her "not too much ;) ;) ;) " stuff is Godly, where us EVIL feminists with our chapstick* are offending Jesus.

*I no longer use Chapstick. I am now allergic to it from overuse of the Cherry type. And I found that when I gave it up, cold turkey, my lips learned how to keep soft without it. I rarely need anything, except in the worst parts of winter, and then I use straight Vaseline which grosses me out but it's the only thing I don't react to. I'm extremely sensitive. /cosmetics tangent

1) I love how she refers to herself as the 'Authoress" :puke-front:

2) I also think its interesting that her brother essentially gave her a list that describes how he doesn't want girls hanging around him. :gay-rainbow: ;)

The chapstick angle made me remember a particular item I have seen at some parties, ahem. Now THIS item should cause the boys to lose all self-control: http://www.bachelorette.com/bp9490.html

Now that is flirting!

Love it. Could you imagine Anna's face if she had gotten these before her wedding?

Love it. Could you imagine Anna's face if she had gotten these before her wedding?

Would she have known what they were?

Archived